Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-15-2009, 12:40 AM   #1
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886
Exclamation NFL Live - Complaint Department

NFL Live really chapped my ass today. i usually make time to watch that show because in my mid-afternoon schedule, it's the only football coverage i can watch. so, i sit down with a cold one and some chow and watch them talk football. i usually love the show and i don't mind it from time to time. but not today, my friend. no today.

today was drenched in coverage of Michael Vick and his signing with the Philadelphia Eagles. every topic was about Vick. they barely showed ANY of the other highlights of games from around the league. granted, they are preseason games and they "don't matter." but at this point in the year, anything football matters to me. yet today was all Vick all the time and it was soooo annoying. i barely got any decent coverage on the Steelers/Cardinals game. i got more coverage on Terrell Owen's athlete's foot problem...or stubbed toe...or chipped nail than i got Steelers coverage. ha!

i don't know what's more annoying, the lack of all around the league coverage or the focus on one giant issue that to me, shouldn't even be an issue. so, the Eagles signed a has been ex-felon to a deal that keeps him as a back up just incase McNabb has another mid season meltdown? great, let's move on and get onto what's going on with the rest of the league. thanks. hell, at this point, i'd love to know what's going on in Brett Favre's world. haha!

================================================== ================

anyone else have something about NFL Live they'd like to get off their chest? let's share our feelings with the group. =)
Old 08-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: NFL Live - Complaint Department

ESPN sucks and it was sheer torture having the "Goldenboy and Vick Fellatio Show" shoved down my throat last night while trying to watch the Steelers play.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
ESPN sucks and it was sheer torture having the "Goldenboy and Vick Fellatio Show" shoved down my throat last night while trying to watch the Steelers play.
luckily for me, i was at the bar and the volume wasn't turned up that far. so, i really couldn't hear the game. i could just see it...through the bottom of my beer glass. haha! sorry for you man.

right now on ESPN, Asthon Kutcher is on telling people what teams, players, and coaches he likes. i guess since he has a new movie coming out, everyone is supposed to care what he thinks. how lame is that sh*t?!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,769 Times in 2,935 Posts

nope. love the show and love the network (oops i was thinking Total Access but i still watch espn and NFL live- missed the pregame coverage but im sure it was much of the same on NFL network).

your rant is kinda like having sex with alyssa milano 7 days a week and then bitching about the 1 day she doesnt perform fellatio on top of it.

mike vick kind of is a big story. it will be covered.

those who dont like it can always switch to martha stewart or oprah.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #5
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
nope. love the show and love the network.

your rant is kinda like having sex with alyssa milano 7 days a week and then bitching about the 1 day she doesnt perform fellatio on top of it.

mike vick kind of is a big story. it will be covered.

those who dont like it can always switch to martha stewart or oprah.
well, if i actually thought Alyssa Milano was hot...then i would complain. i don't even know she's still around. last time i saw her, she was getting her ass slapped my Mark Wahlberg in "Fear."

either way, i wanted to air my grievances a little. just a thread for other people to do the same. i'm probably not the only one who thinks that either. aside from that, i love the show as well. i guess Vick news is better than no news to some people.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,769 Times in 2,935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
well, if i actually thought Alyssa Milano was hot...then i would complain.
...which begs the metaphorical question... if you actually thought alyssa milano was hot, then why on Gods green earth would you bitch about having sex with her?

i dont care too much of what movie shes been in lately per se, but she is a steelers fan and i would "discuss mike vick returning to the league" with her any day.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
luckily for me, i was at the bar and the volume wasn't turned up that far. so, i really couldn't hear the game. i could just see it...through the bottom of my beer glass. haha! sorry for you man.
No problem - it was only for 3 hours as I refuse to watch that POS network when a Steelers game isn't being broadcast on it.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 AM   #8
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
...which begs the metaphorical question... if you actually thought alyssa milano was hot, then why on Gods green earth would you bitch about having sex with her?

i dont care too much of what movie shes been in lately per se, but she is a steelers fan and i would "discuss mike vick returning to the league" with her any day.
haha! i just re-read my post and i meant to say, "if Alyssa Milano was hot...i WOULDN'T complain." but i don't think shes attractive at all and "Fear" came out in 1997. so, it wasn't too recently. haha! -- on a side note, my girlfriend is WAY more attractive than her. =)

anyways, yeah...maybe i bitch a lot. but other people can bitch along with me too. that's sort of the point of message boards anyways. gather in online groups and talk about stuff that either has no relevance or talk about things we can't really change. that's what i like to use the boards for...that and talk about the Steelers.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #9
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
No problem - it was only for 3 hours as I refuse to watch that POS network when a Steelers game isn't being broadcast on it.
That's where I stand on ESPN also. I prefer NFL Network, but not everyone can get that channel so I can see them having to watch ESPN to get their football fix.

I got so sick of ESPN's slobber fest of Brady/Manning and now Vick/Mcnabb that I just couldn't watch anymore.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #10
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

.I watch ESPNEWS just because it filters out the BS and gets to the highlights and scores.