Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 AM   #21
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,803 Posts
Default Re: It's Official, Vick to Eagles!

i thought the most logical place for him to end up was in minnesota , san fran, or buffalo, maybe even detroit... but philly ? especially considering just the other day reed adamantly denied they had any interest in vick. ...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #22
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

I hope Philly finishes dead last in the league now. They deserve to be the new Detroit Lions of the league. I am shocked that Philly would take on this kind of distraction after the whole TO debacle. What I am confused about is why is he not suspended for a year like stallworth? Because TO said shouldn't be?

I'm sorry I'm all for second chances, but that doesn't mean he gets to make millions in the NFL again. If any of us had a decent paying job and did anything like what he did, do you actually think that you would get your job back? Yes he served his time and deserves a 2nd chance at life, and living out of prison, but that does mean you get a 2nd shot in the NFL. Stallworth kills a man gets 24 days in jail (failure on the US justice system) then is suspended for a year; Vick serves 2 years but comes right back and signs a contract?

If it was just dog fighting and gambling maybe, but a man that kills dogs by hanging them, electrocuting them and drowning them is sub-human and not someone I want to watch on Sunday. I hope a fellow animal lover goes in low and hard on his knee's and ends his career as soon as an opportunity presents itself.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #23
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I perdict this will be the only thing ESPN and the other idiots will talk about for the whole year.

I already have to FF through any Vick news. It will be even worse than Brady's knee.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #24
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

Vick isn't going in to take McNabb's spot. He's going in to be another X-factor player that they already have. I didn't see this coming, but I think they made a good decision. The man's talented and deserves a second chance. I do not condone what he did, I love dogs (check my avatar), but he did the crime and paid the time. Best of luck Vick, hopefully you don't Eff up your second chance...
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #25
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

From what I understand, the Eagles started talking with Vick after their second string QB went down with a knee injury.

So I don't think this was a, "Hey let's help the guy out" type signing but one that was made out of need for the longevity of the season.

Let's face it, he's paid his dues and deserves to prove he's fixed himself. I'm just glad it's not with the Steelers (as are a few others). With that being said, he could very well find himself in a Byron Leftwich situation late this year or even next season.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Well if the first 2.5 hours of Mike and Mike in the Morning is any indication, we're not going to hearing about much else anytime soon. They've been talking about it non stop, I don't think they've even had time to mention brady's knee yet. There are probably ESPN analysts dying a little on the inside not being able to talk about how great Brady looked beating up on Philly's second string.

I guess the positive about this whole debacle is that he isn't coming to the BURGH!!!! THANK YOU GOD and the ROONEY'S
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #27
Fire Haley
Banned

Well - let's see

PETA's Statement on Eagles Vick Signing

PETA and millions of decent football fans around the world are disappointed that the Philadelphia Eagles have chosen to sign a man who hanged dogs from trees, electrocuted them with jumper cables, held them underwater until they drowned in his swimming pool, and even threw his own family dogs into the fighting pit to be torn to shreds while he laughed. What sort of message does this send to young fans who care about animals and don't want to see them be harmed?

PETA certainly hopes that Vick has learned his lesson and feels truly remorseful for his crimes—but since he's given no public indication that that's the case, only time will tell. At this point, all Eagles fans can do is cross their fingers and hope that they won't ever have to explain to their sons and daughters what a "rape rack" is and why their favorite player was using one, as Falcons fans once had to.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #28
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
Well if the first 2.5 hours of Mike and Mike in the Morning is any indication, we're not going to hearing about much else anytime soon. They've been talking about it non stop, I don't think they've even had time to mention brady's knee yet.
Just like I perdicted.

Tom Brady's knee has never been so disrespected.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #29
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
With that being said, he could very well find himself in a Byron Leftwich situation late this year or even next season.
I hope you are right, I'm pulling for Donovan to get hurt around or before December 6th, because I would love to watch Atlanta tee off on him all day long. :)
Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 AM   #30
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Mike Brown is disappointed that he didn't get to sign Vick
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote