Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-20-2009, 02:57 PM   #21
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456
Default Re: Wow! The Nutjobs are out in full force!

People who bring guns in should watch out. Lots of people will imply that the person is seeking to kill. I would personally have just used signs and my voice, not guns just so the secret service doesn't arrest me
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #22
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,344 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
So, its okay for you to point out things Obama does that people criticized Bush for doing, but I can't point out things Bush did that people are criticizing Obama for?

And yes, people were arrested for wearing anti-bush t-shirts to a rally. I can't image the outrage that would arise if a man with an assault rifle was arrested at an Obama rally.
Maybe these citizens were just ensuring their own protection against any "agents" of ACORN?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:30 PM   #23
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Yes, but had I chosen the name SteelersRgay, odds are I would have been banned. I'm protected by the constitution, but, as a responsible adult, I realize that my actions have consequences.
Not sure where the Constitution and "responsible adult" chatter came from but I was suggesting that the only correlation between you and your choice of "the Patriot" was your love of the NFL team from New England.

correlation : indicates the strength and direction of a linear relationship between two random variables.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #24
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Maybe these citizens were just ensuring their own protection against any "agents" of ACORN?
don't forget SEIU

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/2...ing-generally/

MSNBC on race-baiting gun segment: Um, we were speaking “generally”posted at 4:10 pm on August 20, 2009 by Allahpundit
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly Er, yes. That was precisely the problem. So lame that it barely qualifies as spin:
Following the shot of the African American man focusing specifically on the gun, MSNBC host Contessa Brewer said that “you have a man of color in the presidency and white people showing up with guns strapped to their waists or to their legs.”…
[B]y raising the racial issue in this context, bloggers claimed that MSNBC was purposely misleading viewers by not showing that at least one African-American man has also carried a gun to an event.
An MSNBC spokesperson responded to POLITICO: “Contessa was speaking generally and not about that specific person with the automatic weapon.”
Indeed she was, even though the presence at the rally of that specific person — which was withheld from MSNBC viewers — undercut her general thesis that the gun display was motivated by racial paranoia rather than libertarian principle. This is really just an extreme version of the media “forgetting” to mention who’s really responsible for those Obama/Hitler signs at town halls. The sin in that case is one of omission in order to further the “Republican mob” narrative; in this case, they went a step further and actually trimmed the video to support their race-war storyline. And the best defense MSNBC can offer for it is a Larger Truth/fake-but-accurate non-answer. It’s one thing when the media doesn’t report things that should be reported, but when they’re actually doctoring facts to better tailor them to their ideological agenda? I don’t know where we go from here.
Update: Oh my:
On behalf of the nearly half million members of Americans for Limited Government — and tens of millions of other equally appalled Americans of all races nationwide — I hereby demand the immediate termination of Contessa Brewer, Toure, Dylan Ratigan and any and all others involved in any way with the fraudulent “news” that ran in the 10:45AM segment of your August 18 broadcast.
You network has besmirched the dignity and honor of American people. You have endangered the life of the President of the United States. You have purposely fanned racial tensions. And you have deliberately lied to your own audience.
Update (Ed): I agree with ALG on this one. We complain about Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews, but they engage in opinion journalism, so we expect to get wild arguments and leg tingles. What they don’t do is deliberately distort source material in a manner this blatantly dishonest in order to artificially inflame racial tensions. Opinion journalism is legitimate; this is nothing but propaganda.
MS-NBC should fire everyone involved in this deception, in front of the camera and behind it. It has a decision to make as to whether it is a news and opinion channel, or a propaganda outlet for the Left. There is a difference, and this segment crossed it.
Update (Ed): My friend Tommy Christopher says that our silence on the allegation that a conservative talk-show host “put him up” to carrying the gun makes us the equal of MS-NBC on this point. I strongly disagree. The man made up his own mind to carry the weapon to the town-hall forum, and his motivation was rather obviously not race. The entire point of the Brewer segment was that the guns were an explicit representation of racism in America as a significant part of the opposition to Obama, an argument which the uncut footage would have rendered ridiculous. This is about MS-NBC lying about their footage to make a point that simply isn’t true; how does the talk-show host have anything to do with that? It’s a red herring.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #26
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Oh and for the record:

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/1...larouche-nuts/

Just a reminder: The Obama Hitler posters are being carried by Lyndon LaRouche nutsposted at 3:20 pm on August 19, 2009 by Allahpundit
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly A public service announcement, since the media’s been conveniently forgetting to mention this and letting viewers infer who the likely culprits are from the DNC’s “angry mob” meme about Republicans. Here’s the latest example, from CNN’s coverage of Barney Frank’s town hall last night — and yes, as the Standard notes, the woman with the Obamahitler sign is a bona fide LaRouchian. Time for an apology to conservatives, maybe? Nah, says HuffPo alumna Rachel Sklar. It’s part of a Larger Truth:
Rush Limbaugh talking about Obama “sending out his Brownshirts” is a pretty clear reference to Hitler (in fact, that’s the raison d’etre for this NewsBusters post — complaining that various news programs linked the Hitler posters to Limbaugh in their coverage of the various invocations of Hitler that included Limbaugh’s reference to Hitler. Quibble!). Limbaugh’s message is hard to miss.
Nor is there any indication that this woman carrying a homemade Obama Swastika sign, or the person holding up other homemade SS sign or whoever put this homemade Swastika sign on a baby stroller were affiliated with LaRouche…
But it definitely is worth noting that there are organizations out there working on an institutional, mass level to stoke the anger of crowds, flood them with propaganda and arm them with the kind of paraphernalia which is designed exactly to get and hold the media’s attention. LaRouchePac is one, and one that is getting a lot of play — so it’s important to call that out, and make sure that agenda is clear and, like NewsBusters suggests, not ascribed to opponents of Health Care Reform as a whole.
But part of calling that out includes calling out all the lies. Because there is a clear link between this woman invoking Nazi T-4 policy in talk of “death panels” and Chuck Grassley talking about “pulling the plug on Grandma.” They may not pass out the same posters, but make no mistake of it, those messages are linked. What Grassley — and all Conservatives or opponents of Health Care of any stripe should do — is confront each crazy, trumped-up, demonstrably false rumor with the kind of blunt, no-argument response that Frank delivered last night.
There was a clear link between the “war for oil” rhetoric and 9/11 Truth too but I don’t recall the Huffington Post taking many blunt, no-argument stances on the subject over the past six years. Dare I say it, but I bet if we trawled the HuffPo archives, we might even catch a Bush/Hitler comparison or two. This is the bitterest part of the Democrats’ insane demagoguery, which Sklar naturally doesn’t mention even though it’s every bit as vicious and Nazi-revisionist as the protest signs: If you want to fight dirty, okay, but for god’s sake stop whining when the other side fights dirty in return. Is that so much to ask? And to the idiots who actually are using Nazi symbolism against The One, can you not do any better than that? This is the only sign you need.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The media is slanted and biased? The Hell you say!

< Tony >
Old 08-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #28
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Radical left-wingers bitching about nothing.....again?
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #29
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 1,344 Times in 617 Posts

Quote:
Isn' t that what I said?
Old 08-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #30
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Isn' t that what I said?
Yes, but I found this picture and wanted to use it.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote