Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #21
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516
Default Re: This team has major problems... of the good kind

I think that Townsend gets the nod simply for his knowledge of Lebeau's system. It is complex not to mention that he is now playing a little bit of safety.
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #22
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Um... from wikipedia

Quote:
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]
Please stop trolling this thread mmalone. This thread is about the POSITIVE problems this team has... about the areas where we are so deep, or the areas where someone has made such an impression, that he is disrupting the 53 man unit.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

With Legurskey stepping up, what do we do with Shipley and Urbik. I am sure we don't want to lose Urbik this season, as lineman take some time to develop... same with Shipley. But i doubt Urbik would stick around for hte practice squad... SHip. maybe.

So what does that leave? Is it possible that we cut our RG? Seems to me that Leg or Hartwig can handle it, and the team may be looking for urbik to be the future.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
without Ben we lose anyway
we do? so if BR gets hurt you want to use it to watch kordell part 2 play? didn't you have enough of that from 97 to 2001?
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #25
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Logan and Legursky should def. make the team imo

I still hate Davis. I dont care what he is good at, he is not good at lead blocking and that is what is most important for a FB
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #26
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,828 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
With Legurskey stepping up, what do we do with Shipley and Urbik. I am sure we don't want to lose Urbik this season, as lineman take some time to develop... same with Shipley. But i doubt Urbik would stick around for hte practice squad... SHip. maybe.

So what does that leave? Is it possible that we cut our RG? Seems to me that Leg or Hartwig can handle it, and the team may be looking for urbik to be the future.
plus theres reports that ramon foster is looking better than urbick. but u-boat is too much of a talent to piss away. many other teams would draft a guy like this, throw him into the fire and allow him to develop and learn from his mistakes (kinda like how we were forced to do with stapelton last year).

im almost sure if you gave his 16 games he may suck at first but start looking damn good by years end. unfortunately with us aiming for the superbowl each year we tend to not take such gambles and risks with rookies.

thats just 1 way the steelers operate a bit differently than most teams.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #27
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'm not sure I'm getting where you're coming from here, Steeldude. Who is the "proven QB" - Batch? The only thing he has proven to me in all the years I've watched him play with Detroit and the Steelers is that he can hand off a ball pretty well. He has a noodle arm, happy feet and folds when pressured.
he is a veteran QB who has done well when called upon. i would rather have batch than kordell part 2. i have seen what inaccurate QBs that can't read offenses or defenses can do.
Steeldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #28
#1 Big Ben Fan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14127

Logan hasn't been doing the RB drills in training camp. He has worked in the WR drills during camp. If he has another solid performance of returning kicks against the Bills then I think he will be a lock to make the roster just as a return man. But if he can show something as a WR then should help his chances as well.

Legursky I have always been a fan of. I didn't think he would be great but I thought he could be a solid OL at the NFL level. I think he makes the team.

I still don't why that most think that Urbik has been sucking. I thought he was solid against the Cards and did ok against the Skins. I think makes the team no doubt.
#1 Big Ben Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #29
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i don't understand why we just don't cut ties with Carey Davis.. i remember McHugh outblocking Davis late last season and he can be the 3rd TE. that's one player taking two roster spots. if you want to run with 3 TEs, FB and RB.. put a tackle at TE.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
Slanted August
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13535

I do not understand the intracacies of the cap and how do trades specificaly work in the NFL but could we get draft picks for some of the proven veterans that may get bumbed when the final 53 comes out.

I agree however in that I dont remember a team so deep on offense, defense, special teams. It may come down to the two dimensional player (offense/special teams or defense/special teams) or the player that is a hybrid FB/TE that may be valued higher when evaluation time comes.

Also, does anyone know if Davis out of UCLA can be placed on the practice squad?
Slanted August is offline   Reply With Quote