Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM   #21
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302
Default Re: New tailgating rules at the Cardinals stadium

Well it is at Candlestick. Qualcomm has the largest parking lot West of the Mississippi and they line up for hours to fill it up for games. Not much else they can do. Have you ever been to a tailgate West of the MIssissippi? Ask an OSU fan (who isn't an ignorant homer) that went to the game last year what the tailgate was like. All my buddies begrudgingly admit it was on par with an OSU tailgate.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Ask an OSU fan (who isn't an ignorant homer)
Cute...what an ass.

I have been to a LOT of games at Heinz. I've walked for several MILES through tailgating...Who cares how big the parking lot is? OSU tailgating is spread throughout the whole damned city so that's irrelevant, too.

Whatever...the Chargers have the greatest tailgate in the World, it's the best and biggest, you're always right, I'm always wrong, bleep, blop, bloop...
Old 08-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Cute...what an ass.

I have been to a LOT of games at Heinz. I've walked for several MILES through tailgating...Who cares how big the parking lot is? OSU tailgating is spread throughout the whole damned city so that's irrelevant, too.

Whatever...the Chargers have the greatest tailgate in the World, it's the best and biggest, you're always right, I'm always wrong, bleep, blop, bloop...
That wasn't a slight at you, but take it as you will. There are lots of Kool-aid drinkers sporting scarlet and gray, that was a "just find one with a semi-objective opinion." True to form you get defensive. Relax Rev, you don't have to be a "starter" all the time.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm sorry, but you'll have great difficulty convincing me that the tailgating is all that at a stadium that has trouble selling out. (And before you start wining for a source, they had to have local businesses buy up tickets to avoid a blackout for their 9/7/2008 SEASON OPENER last year...look it up).

They sell out a lot of games, but they have to cheat to do so...and San Diego is a big city, 8th largest in the US.

San Diego had 31 straight sell-outs going into last year, but they are "tainted"...by way of comparison, Pittsburgh, which is the 53rd largest city in the US, has had over 300 consecutive sell-outs.

West Coast fans can't really be all that bothered by football...or facts, for that matter apparently...

Last edited by revefsreleets; 08-26-2009 at 12:19 PM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I imagine new tailgating rules would be for the VISTING TEAMS Fans!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:08 PM   #26
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

So your facts are comparing the exception, the Steelers, who have a 15yr+ waiting list for season tickets, to above average fan base? You went from they don't know anything about tailgating to comparing them to the Steelers as the basis of your argument. Non sequitur?

Had you done more than a google search to see why those thousands of seats are unsold all the time, you would have found that qualcomm wasn't built for solely football and those several thousand seats that sell for $80 are obstructed view seats. Not a pole in the way obstructed, but you can't see half the field obstructed. Try comparing them to the other NFL teams instead of the exception. Bengals, Browns, Titans. I hear you can get a PSL in Paul Brown for $5. That's really in the blood huh?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You have your mind made up on a great number of things about which you are unwilling to see a different perspective no matter how many facts anyone brings to the table. However, I find it comical how defensive you get and all the more ironic how you are quick to point out when I make a generalization (which I freely admit to when called out by you) and then you go on making rash generalizations.

I thought you were in the ad biz? You do understand sentence construction right?
Quote:
Ask an OSU fan (who isn't an ignorant homer) that went to the game last year
Bolded for emphasis.

I fail to see how you can take that as personally as you did. Maybe an apology is in order for the ass comment? I doubt it, after all that would require a sincere admission that you were wrong. Keep fighting the good fight Rev!
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
That looks like about 1/5th of a typical Heinz Field tailgate crowd...

You'll NEVER sell me that any crowd west of the Mississippi tailgates with any kind of real zeal (With a FEW exceptions in the SW, like Texas)...SEC, Big Ten, Midwest fans have football in their blood, and west coast fans just consider football an interesting diversion...for the MOST part.
I'd have to say Raiders fans are the one case where you're wrong. Although with them, it's not so much the size of the tailgate party, so much as how loud and angry it is. I mean, what other city can say it had a full-fledged riot when its team LOST the Super Bowl?

Other than that, though, you're right. None of the crowds for pro teams out here compare to the pre-game festival at Heinz Field, and none of the Pac-10 college crowds compare to the scene at really serious football conferences with 100,000-seat stadiums and such.

I don't think it's that West Coast fans aren't enthusiastic about football, it's just that most of them don't know how to tailgate very well.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #28
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
I'd have to say Raiders fans are the one case where you're wrong. Although with them, it's not so much the size of the tailgate party, so much as how loud and angry it is. I mean, what other city can say it had a full-fledged riot when its team LOST the Super Bowl?

Other than that, though, you're right. None of the crowds for pro teams out here compare to the pre-game festival at Heinz Field, and none of the Pac-10 college crowds compare to the scene at really serious football conferences with 100,000-seat stadiums and such.

I don't think it's that West Coast fans aren't enthusiastic about football, it's just that most of them don't know how to tailgate very well.
But again, we are comparing them to the Steelers. They are the exception, not the rule. Having both attended OSU; going to tailgates for years, and having been at USC and Chargers games, I don't find the tailgating that much different. Now maybe the Chargers and Raiders are the exception to West Coast? I hear Seattle is a raucous crowd too, same with Autzen stadium. I have never been though so I don't know. NFL wise, if Seattle, Oakland and San Diego throw a good tailgate, what other west coast teams are there? Can't be the exception if 3 of the 4 know how to tailgate.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
That looks like about 1/5th of a typical Heinz Field tailgate crowd...

You'll NEVER sell me that any crowd west of the Mississippi tailgates with any kind of real zeal (With a FEW exceptions in the SW, like Texas)...SEC, Big Ten, Midwest fans have football in their blood, and west coast fans just consider football an interesting diversion...for the MOST part.
+1

I will say that people live and die College/HS football in Texas, they could give a crap about the Texans, and love the Cowboys. One of the most awesome and ultimate experience in sports is to go to a Texas A&M game, the stadium auctually SHAKES it's so loud. Same with any given team down south.

As for the midwest people are just as crazy, in the rustbelt region especially. Pittsburgh and Cleveland are more alike than a lot of the fans like to give credit for in how the people act and follow the sport. (yeah, yeah, just wish our pro team was on par with theirs. ) High School and College teams are followed like crazy in Western PA and Northeast Ohio. Rev. can attest that at the very least, Stark Co. is mad for Friday Nights, and places like Steubenville treat their team like it's a college football team.

And even when the Pro team up in Cleveland is doing horribly they're still able to sell out (the exception being the 'Futilty Bowl" Vs. the Lions this preseason).

But for the west coast, Seattle and Oregon are pretty loud as wellm as stated. Seattle was so loud in the Kingdome that Elway complained to the NFL about it, and Oregon is imfamous for the "Autzen Zoo".
Old 08-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #30
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I dunno - I've never really been into tailgating, as many of those drunks are obnoxious and just plain rude as hell to fans going into the stadium who paid a king's ransom for their tickets. I have experienced heavily intoxicated fans tailgating when trying to get through the parking lots at both TRS and HF. WTH are they bitching about anyway? They're still permitted to tailgate for 4 hours before the game and take their drunken asses to a bar or better yet - to their private residences. Cops could write a boatload of citations and make a ton of DUI arrests if they manned the perimeters of sports facilities before, during and after games. Though I'm not a huge drinker, I much prefer the comfort of my own home if I'm going to tie one on during a Steelers game, which happens once in a blue moon. That way, I'm not at risk of mowing down an unsuspecting fan or pissing my pants because I had too much to drink.
and you call yourself a fan??!!!!

After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote