Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default My 2009 nfl truths.

1. This will be the year carson palmer realizes he's bens bitch. At the same time this will also be the last year Marvin Lewis coaches the bungles.
2. The Brett Favre signing will come out to be a fatal disaster for Brad Childress. I see the vikings missing the playoffs and Childress standing in the unemployment line with Lewis.
3. The cowboys will suck. I see 9 wins and bum, I mean wade phillips also getting shown the door. Also in a shocking revelation Tony Romo will admit the real reason he broke up with jessica simpson because he is in fact a homosexual.
4. Mangina will show his true genious. As the browns fall victim to yet another double digit loss season.
5. The raiders will have anothewr double digit loss season. Cable will get charged for knocking out his assistant. And Jamarcus Russell will spend more time at kfc then on the football field.
6. Plaxico will not shoot himself this year.
7. You will see Michael Vicks rust this year. One year with the eagles. Then off to the ufl.
8. Espn will continue to slobber all over the patiots nut sack.
9. Flacco will throw more ints then touchdowns.
10. Last but not least. The steelers will repeat as NFL champions. Lebeau will sail off in the sunset. And Ben will finally get the respect he deserves
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
TheWarDen86
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,101 Times in 1,311 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: My 2009 nfl truths.

I can buy into all except the Raiders. I have a feeling they'll finish 2nd in the division....wait, that could still mean double digit losses.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I can buy into all except the Raiders. I have a feeling they'll finish 2nd in the division....wait, that could still mean double digit losses.
sad thing is that is very true. I also heard on the radio this morning that brodie croyle has looked better in camp then cassell. And it's not even close. It's funny to me how the broncos were competive last year, And this year the only thing they will be competing for a top spot in the draft. It's funny the ego the bellycheat coaching tree has
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

All but the last part of #10. Ben will still be disrespected by non-Steelers (and even some Steelers) fans and it will drive him to win 10 rings for himself - all with the Steelers.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

The Favre signing will be the end of Childress. If they win it all this year then next year they will have to find another qb as I am damn sure he will be gone.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
6. Plaxico will not shoot himself this year...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:00 AM   #7
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
1. This will be the year carson palmer realizes he's bens bitch. At the same time this will also be the last year Marvin Lewis coaches the bungles.
2. The Brett Favre signing will come out to be a fatal disaster for Brad Childress. I see the vikings missing the playoffs and Childress standing in the unemployment line with Lewis.
3. The cowboys will suck. I see 9 wins and bum, I mean wade phillips also getting shown the door. Also in a shocking revelation Tony Romo will admit the real reason he broke up with jessica simpson because he is in fact a homosexual.
4. Mangina will show his true genious. As the browns fall victim to yet another double digit loss season.
5. The raiders will have anothewr double digit loss season. Cable will get charged for knocking out his assistant. And Jamarcus Russell will spend more time at kfc then on the football field.
7. You will see Michael Vicks rust this year. One year with the eagles. Then off to the ufl.
10. Last but not least. The steelers will repeat as NFL champions. Lebeau will sail off in the sunset. And Ben will finally get the respect he deserves
1) Carson Palmer is a bum, BUT i think they'll have a better record than the Ravens and Browns. but the Lions will have a better record than the Browns. so, that's no saying much. the Bengals will be a suprise team this year, but they'll still suck. i'm actually wondering why Marvin Lewis is still there! ha!

2) Brett Favre will retire mid season after starting off 0-8...only to come back if they happen to make the playoffs and ride the coattails of a under and fresher QB. Childress will be fired either way and lose the rest of his hair.

3) the Cowboys will be a bigger shocker than most people will give them credit for. with Jessica Simpson out of the picture, Romo will infact finally have a whole closet full of skeletons out in the open, he's dating Jason Whitten and that is the reason why Owens was really jealous.

4) the Cleveland Browns...sorry guys, you STILL blow! =)

5) the Oakland Raiders are going to win that division straight up. Rivers will crumble under the pressure of his big multi-million dollar contract and choke like Romo.

6) Plaxico will continue to make news this season...only by ESPN mentioning his name and the fact he capped himself during EVERY Giants game. like how the announcers ALWAYS mentioned how Cowher had awesome tenure as a Steelers coach. or, he'll magically shoot himself in prison.

7) Michael Vick will be attacked by dogs. karma is a bitch...no pun intended.

8) Tom Brady will have another wedding with Chirs Berman, Skip Bayless, Stuart Scott, and Trey Wingo as his groomsmen. Dana Jacobson, Reischia Candidate, Erin Andrews, and Mike Golic are Gisele's bridesmaids. they walk down the aisle with Belichick as the ring bearer and the ESPN theme song playing. Brady names is next son, Espn Deportes Brady.

9) Flacco will suffer the worst sophmore slump in history. the Ravens will bomb into the Chesapeake.

10) the Pittsburgh Steelers will defend their title. end of story.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
1. Palmer is already gimpy...doubt her even makes it through the whole season
2. Vikes are too good to miss...they are a complete team now, and I think, barring injury, may be the class of the NFC. They play great D and run the ball...If Favre can even have a better than average season they could be Super Bowl bound
3.Cowboys are probably 10-6 at best
4. That's no reach...6-10 at best
5. Same...right on wit this one
6. Plax MAY shiv himself accidentally in prison though
7. Vick will be fine...he's not going to be playing much QB anyway...
8. Given
9. I see it about same as last year...I thuink he was 14 TD's and 12 picks?
10. LeBeaue retires IF we win another SB...
Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
1) Carson Palmer is a bum, BUT i think they'll have a better record than the Ravens and Browns. but the Lions will have a better record than the Browns. so, that's no saying much. the Bengals will be a suprise team this year, but they'll still suck. i'm actually wondering why Marvin Lewis is still there! ha!

2) Brett Favre will retire mid season after starting off 0-8...only to come back if they happen to make the playoffs and ride the coattails of a under and fresher QB. Childress will be fired either way and lose the rest of his hair.

3) the Cowboys will be a bigger shocker than most people will give them credit for. with Jessica Simpson out of the picture, Romo will infact finally have a whole closet full of skeletons out in the open, he's dating Jason Whitten and that is the reason why Owens was really jealous.

4) the Cleveland Browns...sorry guys, you STILL blow! =)

5) the Oakland Raiders are going to win that division straight up. Rivers will crumble under the pressure of his big multi-million dollar contract and choke like Romo.

6) Plaxico will continue to make news this season...only by ESPN mentioning his name and the fact he capped himself during EVERY Giants game. like how the announcers ALWAYS mentioned how Cowher had awesome tenure as a Steelers coach. or, he'll magically shoot himself in prison.

7) Michael Vick will be attacked by dogs. karma is a bitch...no pun intended.

8) Tom Brady will have another wedding with Chirs Berman, Skip Bayless, Stuart Scott, and Trey Wingo as his groomsmen. Dana Jacobson, Reischia Candidate, Erin Andrews, and Mike Golic are Gisele's bridesmaids. they walk down the aisle with Belichick as the ring bearer and the ESPN theme song playing. Brady names is next son, Espn Deportes Brady.

9) Flacco will suffer the worst sophmore slump in history. the Ravens will bomb into the Chesapeake.

10) the Pittsburgh Steelers will defend their title. end of story.
If Minnesota makes the playoffs after starting 0-8, that will be the most amzaing story ever.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

The part about Ben getting the respect will never happen. He wins because of defense didn't ya know?
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote