Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-28-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
shinoff2183
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13979
Default James

It might have been disgust before, but Im curious to find out why james had punched that guy in the kickoff in the superbowl. I think he has had a fantastic career lately but im wandering why this was done. To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. I just gotta know, I like james and the only reason I can think of is the holding that is rarely called for him, atleast I hope.

Also I have read that Harrison has knocked around some people in practice, but Anthony smith did the same thing last year and people were crying it was just practice. There seems to be a double standard right there.
shinoff2183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #2
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoff2183 View Post
It might have been disgust before, but Im curious to find out why james had punched that guy in the kickoff in the superbowl. I think he has had a fantastic career lately but im wandering why this was done. To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. I just gotta know, I like james and the only reason I can think of is the holding that is rarely called for him, atleast I hope.

Also I have read that Harrison has knocked around some people in practice, but Anthony smith did the same thing last year and people were crying it was just practice. There seems to be a double standard right there.
The guy went for Harrisons knees - cheap shot, could've been career ending. Harrison was simply letting his displeasure be known.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 AM   #3
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

Actually he jumped right into Harrison's groin. Harrison didnt 'punch' the guy either, unless you consider an open hand a punch.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #4
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwalls View Post
Actually he jumped right into Harrison's groin. Harrison didnt 'punch' the guy either, unless you consider an open hand a punch.
I can hear that conversation.

Harrison: You wanna go to fu$$in' Disney World? I knock you straight to fu$$in' Orlando you cheap shot muther fu$$er!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
Stevo
Banned

Member Number: 12164

It just looked to me like Harrison simply owned Francisco. It was border line brutal, but FYI: football is kind of a contact sport… hence all the pads.

If that was Suggs pushing down Ike Taylor, I would be saying the exact same thing. But what cracks me up is all the crazy talk like this:

“With 3:26 left and the Steelers leading 20-14, Harrison knocked down Cardinal Aaron Francisco, punched him, and shoved him another three times.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/jame...-and-criticism

I watched the play live, still have it on my DVR, and bought the DVD. And I have never seen James Harrison punch Aaron Francisco or shove him three times. This is probably the same person that thinks the refs stole Super Bowl XL.

And Madden didn’t help matters by ostracizing him in front of the largest television audience in the world. If you only heard his call and didn’t actually see the play, you would think Harrison punched him in the throat with his fist.

Go Steelers!
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
It just looked to me like Harrison simply owned Francisco. It was border line brutal, but FYI: football is kind of a contact sport… hence all the pads.

If that was Suggs pushing down Ike Taylor, I would be saying the exact same thing. But what cracks me up is all the crazy talk like this:

“With 3:26 left and the Steelers leading 20-14, Harrison knocked down Cardinal Aaron Francisco, punched him, and shoved him another three times.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/jame...-and-criticism

I watched the play live, still have it on my DVR, and bought the DVD. And I have never seen James Harrison punch Aaron Francisco or shove him three times. This is probably the same person that thinks the refs stole Super Bowl XL.

And Madden didn’t help matters by ostracizing him in front of the largest television audience in the world. If you only heard his call and didn’t actually see the play, you would think Harrison punched him in the throat with his fist.

Go Steelers!

Madden (and haters) went off the deep end with that... I still say there were no rules broken there by Harrison.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #7
Steel Head
Banned

Member Number: 13393

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7SteelGal43 View Post
The guy went for Harrisons knees - cheap shot, could've been career ending. Harrison was simply letting his displeasure be known.
precisely. that Cards player was a coward punk who dove at Harrison's knees. He's lucky Harrison didn't tear his head off
Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
To any who have watched the SB you know what im talking about. .
So who here wouldn't have watched the SB?

You're a Ratbird troll aren't ya?
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
No double standard at all. Smith was a loud-mouthed, arrogant wanna be and Harrison is the real deal. Very simple.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Who cares?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote