Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Preacher's Game 3 Offense Play by Play breakdown (first team)--

Drive 1 Play 1

I formation. 2 TE's down low (to Ben's left) WR up top, spread out beyond the numbers. Defense has 8 in the box and a ninth just outside. Heath goes in motion to the other side of the line. Its a sweep to the right. 2 yard gain.

Wow. Hartwig blew up the play... let me explain.

The left side of the line stunts to the right, freeing Hartwig and colon to pull. Essex drives out, pushing his guy back into the left side. Starks doesnt do a great job, but he at least pushes his guy into the next, stopping momentum. Actually, maybe I am wrong. It seems he purposely let him go to follow the play. Kinda funny because there is NO way he is catching up with it.

As Hartwig is pulling, a LB stunts in an cuts between him and Heath, who is taking care of the DE. Hartwig puts his arms out and gives him a push... but is no where CLOSE to stoping the guy. Colon sees this and stops, turning to get his body on him. Doesn't do a good job, but slows the guy down so that he isn't in the play. Actually, for reacting, not a bad job at all. Great effort by Colon, just looked ugly. It did get the job done though.

However, that leaves a LB standing at the corner and another LB racing in to help him out. Now. Believe me when I say this... Carey Davis comes around the corner and kicks out hte first LB VERy nicely. the LB is turned completely around and is probably 2-3 yards away from the play. The second LB is able to come and slow down Mendy, and Heath's guy is able to peal off and finish the tackle.

If Hartwig was just a bit faster, he would have had his guy, Colon could have kicked out the first LB, and Davis the second, freeing Mendy.

Maybe I was a bit hard on Hartwig, the LB was flying in. too a nice angle too. However, I think a Center a level higher would have been able to get to him.

First Drive 2nd Play

Ok., two receivers down low. One back formation. two TE's up top. Ben undercenter. Ward goes in motion, coming in to the TE position on the low (weak) side. Its a run to the right side behind essex. Essex shoots off the ball and stands his guy up, but doesn't move him back. However, he does move him just a bit left. Colon shoots off...Ohhh that is why Essex got lateral movement. Colon shoots out into Essex' guy, pushing him left. then bounces out to get LB. Kemo pulls around the center... ROTFL He's got junk in the trunk!!!!!!! He comes through the hole after Colon shoots out, and hits the other LB, pushing him out. The left side of the line performed fine. Not much for them to do.

This line up gave the D the opp. to have 9 men in the box, or just outside the box. Mendy had a path to the outside that would have sprung him, but it took me about 5 rewinds to see it myself. mendy did get a couple yards after contact too. Ran about 5 or so yards all said and done. Honestly, I think that is a great clock eating play for later in a game. Wouldn't mind seeing it show up again in the second half of games.

1st Drive, 3rd play

Looks like Holmes up top, Three bunched off the line (Te part of the bunch in his normal position). MeMo in the backfield, Ben in the shotgun. WOW. Ben passes after a three count. But there was NO ONE around him. Beautiful protection. Let's break this down.

From the bottom,
Starks: ROTFL. Ok, he is about to get beat t the outside again, but seems Arians has seen enough of that. He leaves Heath back there instead of sending him out on a pattern. He CRACKS the DE going around Starts and literally buckles the guys knees. NICE blocking scheme by Arians.

Kemo and Hartwig: DT engages Kemo and spins inside, right into Hartwig's waiting arms to stop the move. Pushes the guy back. He re-engages and pushes Hartwig back a step or two, but that was a nice play by Hartwig to be ready and pick him up.

Essex: His guy engages him. Essex gets his hands swept out from him, and instead, just sticks his big belly into the guys' chest/stomach. Really slows the guy down. the guy is reaching around him and it looks like a great big loving bear hug. Essex just wraps his arms around the other guys arms and that is the end of the play for him. El-Gonzo would probably rate the form an F. But effort and end result gotta be an "A" on that play.

Colon: His guy is shucking, jiving, faking. Colon just stands there, dipping one shoulder than the other. DE makes an outside move and Colon will have NOTHING to do with it.

Ben is in his throwing motion, and he has a BEAUTIFUL pocket around him with NO ONE even close to touching him. He also has a wide open escape lane if he needs to bring it down and run with it (receivers covered or something). Great play.

MeMo runs a little curl patter and they get a first down. nice play all said and done.

1st Drive 4th Play

Come out of the huddle with I formation and a receiver split to either side. FB is a TE, and moves up to the TE postion. One TE down below, two up top. Ward moves towards the line, than back out about 4 yards. THere is 8 men in the box on defense.

Ben takes a five step drop and fires the ball. About a four count. Wow. This is a bigger pocket than last play. Are we SURE these are the same guys on the Oline?

Starks; IS THAT A SLIDE STEP??? it sure looked awkward, but maybe it was! Never the less, he has his hands on the guy. His guy isn't going anywhere.

Kemo: Takes his guy head on (DT) and gives up no ground. Might as well order lunch cause that guy aint going anywhere.

Hartwig and Essex take on the other DT. Typical result with a two on one. Nice job.

Colon gets well, not burned, but worked just a bit on the first move off the line. Guy looks to go outside, then comes inside. Colon steps out a bit. However, he gets his hands on the guy, and drives him towards kemo to create traffic. Nice job line.

Ben is getting rid of that ball fast. Furthermore, he has time to wait and let the play develop even more. This is quite consistant with the first game actually.

Ward catches the ball for about a 13 yard pass.. or more.

1st Drive 5th play

I formation 2 receivers split left and right. Looks like strong side right (camera is too far away). Wallace is the high side receiver. He comes in motion.. its a fake to him. The give is the Mendenhall.

There is just apile up a mass of Bodies and Mendenhall is trying bounce it outside. It looks like (they are running away from the camera and are on the other side of the pack, so hard to see) Davis cut his guy, but from his knees, his guy was able to stretch out and get mendy. Even so, there is another LB waiting to get him as he comes around the corner. play wasn't going anywhere.

1st Drive 6th Play

3 Wide outs... Ward in the slot and our 3 and 4 guy to the left and rigt. mendy in the backfield 5 yards. Ben under center. TE to the left side.

WOW. Nice hole!! is that a cadillac that can fit through that? (no, probably a Pinto. But I am so surprised to see it with these guys.) Hole is to the left side. Heath on the right side seals his guy. Their done with the play. Starks just kinda runs a bit. His guy goes to Kemo, who doesnt' do much at all. He can't get up to the guy and the guy just runs by home. Luckily, Mendy is fast enough to explode through the hole...and the arm tackle.

Hartwig. Nice Job. He comes up, has no one to block. He looks ALL THE WAY AROUND TO HIS LEFT (he was running mostly to his right, but up as well. He saw a guy coming from the backside-- pealed off and sealed the hole. Beautiful. Essex just manhandles his guy right out of the hole. Colon engages his guy. But by the tiem he does, Mendy is through the hole. Colon's guy stops and dives backwards. Not much for Colon to do or can do there. However, his guy misses. Mendy actually runs through three arm tackles before a LB basically lays on him to tackle him. Nice run!!! Nice play by all. Another first down!

1st drive 7th play

FUMBLE.

Well. All you need to know is... Kemo got mauled--pushed right back. Just didn't get a jump off the ball.

More to come.... working on it now.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Default Re: Preacher's Game 3 Offense Play by Play breakdown (first team)--

2nd Drive 1st play

(I really don't want Moore taking punts. don't want him injured for the 3rd down RB role.)

Single back. Ben under center, TE's split. Receivers split to the numbers, Ward in motion back towards the line. He lines up as a TE.

Hand off to Mendy. The first push by the line is decent. however, the LB's flood the lanes. Heath gets double teamed, and one guy breaks off to meet Mende in the lane.

There are 9 D in the box... with five of them to the side they are running on. nothing much that play was going to get.

2nd Drive 2nd play

I formation, TE's on either side Run to the left.

Ohhhhhhh. Ok. Hartwig and colon pull. However, as the TE up top (can't see who it is) step s in to block Colon's guy, he gets pushed a bit, and collides with Hartwig. That leaves them one blocker short. Colon hits his guy and moves him. Davis---- Ok. Please people. This guy MOVES PEOPLE. I used to not care one way or another about him. But after watching these games and breaking them down like this, this guy HITS people, and is driving them.

Kemo is not able to control his guy long enough. He comes from the other side to clog up the lane. Had Hartwig gotten there... Or not pulled either way, the guy would have been sealed. Mendy spins to get out, and gets back to about the LOS.

2nd Drive 3rd play

3 wide. two down below one up top. MeMo is in the backfield with Ben. Starks has his guy, he's not going anywhere. Kemo and Hartwig together take on the DT. No problem, until Ben has to step up and over, giving the DT a line to Ben. Not really Kemo and Hartwigs fault. Essex is original juked on the line. However, he hooks his guy coming through and keeps a hand on him pushing him. Ben steps to the right and Essex keeps working, driving his guy right by Ben. Bad start, but nice hustle and work to finish the play by Essex. Colon drives his guy right around Ben.

Ben steps up and makes the pass. He was under pressure by the guy that went around kemo/hartwig. However, they come back to meet him. Nice play by Ben. Completed pass. Broken play by the line, but much better second effort to protect Ben.

Punt-- sure is nice to have sep back. I think I will probably say that about 100 times this fall... and I'll mean it every dang time!

3rd Drive 1st Play
(May I just say... Logan is a stud!)

Three wide. Mendy in the backfield. TE on top. bad snap. ball on ground.

2nd play

3 bunched down low, one split right beyond the numbers. Mendy in the backfield and Ben under center.

And it is a funky draw play. Line doesn't snap out.. which makes it a draw. Ben comes all the way back on his drop, and then hands it off.

DANG. Kemo and Hartwig come WAY out to get their blocks. Nice job by both. Essex is being pushed by his guy, but stops it... much like it really is a pass play. Nothing wrong with that. Colon steps out and is just looking for someone to clock. he really is mean! Looks like he gives one guy a Hanson Brother's Elbow to the head!!!!! (I know, its just the angle, but it is hilarious). Sweed is blocking his guy, but loses the block. That stops Mendy from breaking outsdie after coming through the line. I LOVE IT.. Mendy highstepping through the crowd!!! Now is that a thing of beauty or what!!! Nice run. (announcer called it the sprint/draw... I like it!) 13 yard run!

3rd play

Steelers are five wide Ben in th eshotgun. They rush four. Almost 5 seconds to throw the ball, and still no one around. Ben had a nice pocket, and probably still had a couple seconds. Don't need to go player by player... the line was virtually perfect. The closest guy to Ben was Starks' guy, but he was on the ground facing the opposite way.

NICE PLAY ARIANS.... Ok. Follow me on this. I am not being a smart alec. Tell me what you all think. The inside receivers on either side seem to hesitat just a bit, allowing the three receivers to clear the area with their DB's. They then cross about 4 yards out in front of the LOS. Because of the space that has to be created (or the DB gets picked by Miller), Ben has his guy, and first down yardage to throw the ball. Moore catches it and gets a first down. Pretty smart play.

4th play

Ok. go back and read 1st drive, 5th play. this is the exact same set up. Matter of fact. That play was a set up FOR this play. Wallace this time takes the handoff and comes around the corner. WOW.. that Corner from teh Bills is fast. He comes in and actually makes Wallace cut back inside. (BTW, the line does a great job selling this play). The FB goes left and the RB went right. Ok. None of you can see the picture on my screen. However, Davis came left. Stopped, set, and is ready to crank the DE as he comes around. Wallace dances and jukes and gets a few yards. If the CB was picked off by someone, that would have gone quite a few more yards.----offsetting penatlies... play down again

5th play

WR to the left and right. Mendy in teh backfield. Ben under center. Ward comes in motion and sits as the TE...

Oh... So close. Nice blocking from the line. Colon comes from his postion to kick out between the guard and tackl on the left side.. but he goes up in the air and lands on Starks legs, which crumples starks. That shuts down the hole and leaves starks guy free to tackle Mendy.

I am seeing another pattern in this game. Everytime we go to run, we are pulling a WR in as a TE just before we snap the ball. Is that the tell that we are giving the other team?

6th play

Nothing big here... 3 bunched up top. Quick screen pass to sweed and tackled immediately.

7th play

3 receivers up top, Moore in the backfield. TE down low.

Moore steps in and pops the DE rushing on Stark's side. that gives starks time to get his hands on him...and there is no longer a problem there. Kemo pushes his guy to the outside. He comes in, but kemo keeps him at arms length. Nice job. DT tries to go around Essex and Hartwig to Hartwigs side. Hartwig snags him and drives him towards the ground. not much happening. there. Colon's guy drives him around Ben. With Stark's guy comeing from the other side and Kemo's guy getting a couple steps before he starts getting pushed back, the pocket closes up a bit. Ben steps up and to the left and has a clear field. Not beautiful for the line... but light years from before. it is only a step forward too... so not bad at all.

NICE CATCH SWEED. He is outstretched, over the middle, taken a shot to the small aof the back literally 5 tv frames after the ball gets to him. almost instaneous. But Sweed keeps hold of it.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:59 AM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

8th play

Oooooooooooooooooohhh... Now I see. Ok. WR left and right. single back. I THINK double TE to the right (far camera, hard to tell). Ward walks back in to take the TE position. I am thinking run right? Yep... there is the hand off.... BUT WAIT.. it is a play-action!! Ben is looking DEEEEEEP downfield. Must have been covered well down there... so he dumps it off short to Heath, bad pass, or not, maybe Heath was held. However, all those Ward in tight plays was setting up this homerun ball. It just didn't pan out. Hmmm. Nice forethought. wish I could see what was happening downfield. and yeah, there was 8 in the box and a ninth close.

Ohhh.. Reciever got jammed and went inside, which took him towards the safety. Shame he didn't go outside!

9th play

penalty-delay of game steelers. .

10th play

2nd and 15. Buffalo comes with their ears pinned back...and ITS A DRAW PLAY! DE for Buff. is looking back like, "You gotta be kidding me!"

Ok. 2 up top and 1 down below. mendy alone in the backfield Ben under center. TE up top.

LOLOL. Starks takes a step with his guy, then just pushes him back and starts running down field. I guess with everyone used to running passed him, it was a GREAT FAKE! Kemo drives his guy to the right. the rest of the line is doing fine. 3 linebackers are reading it... one has a eye right through the hole to the handoff...and it is a BIG hold. that lB comes up and Sweed gives him a tap-coming over from his wr position. Then Starks blows the LB up. There's many a' ice cube with Starks name on it tonight after that hit! And yes, you can hear it CLEARLY through the TV. mendy gets some good yards, and then tries to spin back inside. I wonder what would have happened if he just tried to hurdle the guy instead of spin.

11th Play

(2nd quarter, so up top is now to the left).

One receiver up top, two to the bottom, Mendy is in the backfield next to ben.

Dang. Four seconds before the pass, and no one was near ben still. There was no real pocket...again, it was more like a wall. our pass protection has gotten tremendously better. Nice pass to Ward.

12 Play

Bunched up top, one reciever down below, mendy in the backfield. Ben under center. Not sure if this was intended to be a screen.. yep, two lineman are moving. It sure was. "Dump pass/screen" But Essex isn't fast enough to get out to his guy, who forces Mendy back inside. Then he gets a few yards until everyon closes on him. Contact is made at the 18 with Pozl.. and Mendy gets 3 more yards dragging him.

13th play

I formation. Receiver up top. TE moves from right to left position. Quick handoff to Mendy. LIne gets a hat on their people. Davis;s guy goes low and Davis goes right over and on him. Mendy pops out the other side with an arm on him, but the DB's are converging. 3 yards.... but I see no dust! mendy broke a tackle too.

14th play

sack. All you need to know.. is that it wasn't the lines fault!

Serously, Moore steps around Ben, but can't control the rusher. He pushes towards Ben and Ben tries to run, but right into Starks and his guy. Had Ben stepped backwards instead, no sack.

Well, least it wasn't the line!! Starks could have done a better job once it went downhill, but he had his guy up until Ben started moving around.

15th play

Fieldgoal

More to come!.....
Old 09-02-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

4th Drive 1st play

two up top, one down below. mendy in the backfield and Davis has gone off injured. TE up top of line.

Four seconds before the throw. Beautiful. Looks like the DT (rt) was coming all the way around on a delayed stunt and would possibly have made it. But it would have been 6 seconds before he got to Ben. Can't fault a line for 6 seconds of protection!! However, Essex followed him out and around the line instead of stepping back and meeting him coming around the other side.

This was a deep bomb to Wallace. IT was thrown to the outside and a bit. short. I have said it before, the only weakeness in Ben's game is the long ball. He tends to throw it a bit short. Too much rainbow at times. This would have assuredly been 6 points had he put it just a bit further and just a tad more to the inside. Wallace passed his guy and had a step on him, about to take two or three... adn then had to slow down and vear outside... LOL.. the smile on Ben's face.... he knows it too!

2nd play

two up top, one down below. Single back and te up top of the line. No huddle... false start... Trai Essex..dang it.

3rd play

Ben in shotgun. same setup otherwise

Pass... 2 and a half seconds to get the ball out. ANd the line had everyone solid too. Nice catch Ward over the middle.

4th Play

Ben in shotgun. same line up again TE down below this time. 2 and ahalf seconds again. blitz (5th man coming from RLB position). Starks has his guy going around Ben, though he is struggling. WOW. Colon got bull rushed. Don't see that very often. Essex slipped off to the left a bit and had a bit of a problem controlling his guy. Hartwig same to the right. I f Ben wanted, he could have come back up through the middle to buy more time--maybe. The blitz was picked up by Kemo fine. This is the worst job of blocking I have seen so far by the line as a whole. ANd ben still had about 2.5 to 3 seconds to throw the ball. Caught be Sweed, but not a first down.

5th play

Ben pushes off the punt team. Hartwig SHOULD HAVE HIKED THE BALL!!!!! It would have been an offsides had he did. DANG IT! that is a mental mistake on Hartwig.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Nice work Preacher, you may want to send your résumé to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, I'm sure that they would find a spot for you covering Steelers football.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

5th Drive 1st play

same thing. Two up, one down Mendy in backfield TE up top. it's that play again where the receiver comes in motion and Ben gives it to him or to the RB. It went to mendy who came up through the hole. camera was too far back so hard to see, but there was a nice hole on the right side. Shoe string tackle (diving) nice play. If Mendy can just break these... eh would be GONE.

2nd Play

Exact opposite line up. 4 seconds of unmolested protection. then he throws it. The fifth second wouldn't have been so nice. (but again, 4 seconds and the clock should be going off in your head) Starks finally got beat. The rest had good control of their guys. mendy goes out and catches the checkdown pass. .

3rd Play

Bunched down below, one up top Mendy in the backfield. Run up the gut. Dang camera is till too far way. Can't see much, but about a one yard run.

4th Play

Dang Kemo... I didn't know your underwear was THAT big. Do you mind removing them from the field? Guy wen RIGHT AROUND HIM an dalmost drilled Ben. Ben stepped up and hit Sweed. NICE CATCh.. again. The rest of the line was fine. Ben did get hit in the end... by Starks Guy. He too was used a bit there. But not as bad as Kemo, His guy forced Ben up. So gotta blame that one on Kemo.

5th play

Play action... NICE protections. Sweed was out, but what a catch by him anyways. 4 seconds for the play to develop, NOBODY around Ben. That coulda taken 6 or 7.

6th play

standard two below, one up TE below and MeMo this time in teh backfield. Line seals their guys off fine, but a LB comes up and hits the gap. a couple yard gain.

7th Play

Shotgubn. 4 wide. Decent protrection. Bills bring 5, overloading the steelers left side, and drop the DE from the Right side into coverage. Starks gets his guy... struggles, but controls him. Memo gest his guy. Hartwig his. not bad. Could be better, but not bad at all. expecially for an overload. Nice pass and catch to Ward. 3 and a half seconds to throw, Ben could of had 4, maybe 5 (though 5 may have been pushing it).

8th Play

2 up one down mendy backfield ben under center TE up top.. WOW. Ben holds on to the ball for nine seconds. After five seconeds, he starts to run to the left. Doesn't need to because the line has hin completely under control. WOW. he then gets into the patth of a DL. He moves back to the left and keeps the ball another four seconds, rolling to the left. Dumpts the ball to Heath for a nice gain. thing is, if Ben didn't move, he could have stayed back there for probably another 6 seconds AFTER the 5 count. Oh yeah, and that was A BLITZ. 5 guys coming.

9th Play

Horrible camera angle, focused right on Ben. I cant see anything. Ball given to mendy.. no fB. looks like a hole opened between starks and Colon pulling. But not much. 2 yards maybe.

10th play

five receivers (TE one of em in the slot down bleow) no rb. Good protection. 3 seconds until release. No one around him. nice pass and catch.

11h play

I formation Sweed in motion. Ben under center. two te's up top. one at the bottom. Johnson isthe FB. goes strait up and hits the bodies and is actually jerked backwards a bit. Hwoever, there is just a mass of bodies. mendy moves to the right and hits a hole for a couple of yards. Nice eyes mendy.

12th play

recei ver split to either sodide, mendy in backfoed. 2 te's up top. Nice protection, but Ben throws it fast too. Still. No one coming free. Incomplete, though Ward is quite funny trying to sell it!

13th play

2 up , on below. one te up top. mnedy in backfield alone. I donlt know WHAT happened. But a BIG hole. Everything spread out. Mendy walks right in. Actually, it looks like the Bills were expecting pass. Probably were, since they were all spread out. I think I am starting to see some of Arians ideas now... playing possum and letting the run only get 2 or 3 yards by telecasting it. Then, when necessary (goal line or when the D. may be asleep) they run the pass out of a run formation or run from a normal pass formation. Because there is no ther way to explain how evyerone is all over the placye here. All four lineman were blowing in like it was a run... yep. it looks like another draw play. WOW. whether it is Ben calling this or Arians, it was set up by all the other plays in the first half. Beautiful.

And Mendy has one guy to beat and does that easily... everyone else is picked up by a Steeler..and even that guy gets picked up.

NICE.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Grades;

Starks: C. he is starting to play a bit better. Some of it is scheming, witht he RB chipping. but he still scares me on the speed rushes around him.

Kemo C-. Seems to have gone a bit down hill. Got beat a couple of times. But this was also his first game back. I think he will be able to play fine come the Titans.

Hartwig: B. Played decently. couple minor errors... also a mental error in not drawing that penalty.

Essex: C+ Not bad. Again, got beat a couple times. But did pretty well too. All in all, not a bad job. Welcome to the bigs kid.

Colon B- got handled a time or two. First time I have seen that. However, this was his worst game and actually, was probably the best player out there on the line. Scored lower than Hartwig because I expect more out of him.

Mendy will learn.

Now for the post I will get flamed for. The second best blocker in teh run game outside of Colon. . . . . Carey Davis. made every block (one time his guy makes a tackle from his knees... not sure what you can do about that). cleared lanes.

What else can we want? He will be on this team this year... and probably even next unless something drastic happens.

Well, I forgot about heath. Played well. Not mentioned, which is good when looking at him as a lineman...and yea, that makes Carey davis the third best blocker on this offense in the run game (recivers not counted).
Old 09-02-2009, 05:10 AM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers & I View Post
Nice work Preacher, you may want to send your résumé to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, I'm sure that they would find a spot for you covering Steelers football.
Thanks!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 AM   #9
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Thanks! I've been looking forward to your recap.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:47 AM   #10
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Grades;

Starks: C. he is starting to play a bit better. Some of it is scheming, witht he RB chipping. but he still scares me on the speed rushes around him.

Kemo C-. Seems to have gone a bit down hill. Got beat a couple of times. But this was also his first game back. I think he will be able to play fine come the Titans.

Hartwig: B. Played decently. couple minor errors... also a mental error in not drawing that penalty.

Essex: C+ Not bad. Again, got beat a couple times. But did pretty well too. All in all, not a bad job. Welcome to the bigs kid.

Colon B- got handled a time or two. First time I have seen that. However, this was his worst game and actually, was probably the best player out there on the line. Scored lower than Hartwig because I expect more out of him.

Mendy will learn.

Now for the post I will get flamed for. The second best blocker in teh run game outside of Colon. . . . . Carey Davis. made every block (one time his guy makes a tackle from his knees... not sure what you can do about that). cleared lanes.

What else can we want? He will be on this team this year... and probably even next unless something drastic happens.

Well, I forgot about heath. Played well. Not mentioned, which is good when looking at him as a lineman...and yea, that makes Carey davis the third best blocker on this offense in the run game (recivers not counted).
You're probably right, he'll make the team due to injuries to both McHugh and Summers. Otherwise, I really didn't see him making the final 53.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote