Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #1
UT2012
Water Boy

Member Number: 14441
Default Non-Towel related questions from a Titans fan.

Towel free zone.

Last year I think the key to the game was in the trenches. The Titans offensive line managed to hold up against the pass rush, and the Steelers had some trouble with the Titans rush. I will admit I do not follow the Steelers as much as I do the Titans, so could someone just give me the highlights as to what has changed for the Steelers from last year to this year? I know the offensive line was considered your weak link last year, does it seem improved? Were there significant injuries in that game or other problems that made the difference?

Personally I see a couple of different ways it plays out.

A) You guys come out emotionally on fire and we come out flat and you light us up. This wouldn't be the end of the world, nor overly shocking.

B) You guys come out and play better in the trenches, and it's a very competitive game. This is how I would wager it will play out, with your team having the favor due to the home field I would think.

C) Same as last year. Your lines lose to the Titan's lines, with a similar result. For some reason I doubt this occurs. The flip flop of crowd noise by itself will probably do a lot to make this less of a factor.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
UT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Non-Towel related questions from a Titans fan.

I doubt we turn it over 4 times, which I think was the biggest difference last year. I honestly see a close hard-fought game.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,752 Posts

I think it'll be close, but if Ben gets enough time to pass then its lights out for Tenn.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
7SteelGal43
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12283

TENNESSEE'S GOIN DOWN !!!!!!!

ahem...I mean I think it'll be a hard fought, close game, with the Steelers ultimately claiming victory.

sig by steelax04
7SteelGal43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:23 AM   #5
MongoSteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13096

Drive killing penalties, missed hot reads and blocking assignments. This time around your going to have the Steeler fans going crazy with the Super Bowl presentation and all the hoopla. It could be a long night for LenDale and company.
MongoSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #6
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

While the Titans definitely outplayed the Steelers that day, the score was lopsided due to so many uncharacteristic turnovers.

That's most likely not going to happen again. With home field and some motivation (plus I think they're just a straight up better team) I see the Steelers winning this one. I don't expect a blowout, but a comfortable margin feels likely, ie 10+ points.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 AM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

The Titans have done everything in their power to motivate and and piss off a good football team. (Champions at that). Really surprised coach fisher allows this stupidity.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

If its close all game long Ben pulls it out. He is Mr. Clutch.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT2012 View Post
Towel free zone.

Last year I think the key to the game was in the trenches. The Titans offensive line managed to hold up against the pass rush, and the Steelers had some trouble with the Titans rush. I will admit I do not follow the Steelers as much as I do the Titans, so could someone just give me the highlights as to what has changed for the Steelers from last year to this year? I know the offensive line was considered your weak link last year, does it seem improved? Were there significant injuries in that game or other problems that made the difference?

Personally I see a couple of different ways it plays out.

A) You guys come out emotionally on fire and we come out flat and you light us up. This wouldn't be the end of the world, nor overly shocking.

B) You guys come out and play better in the trenches, and it's a very competitive game. This is how I would wager it will play out, with your team having the favor due to the home field I would think.

C) Same as last year. Your lines lose to the Titan's lines, with a similar result. For some reason I doubt this occurs. The flip flop of crowd noise by itself will probably do a lot to make this less of a factor.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
As much as I wish we'd just come out and unleash the hell on yall... I dont see it happening. I don't see the towel being a motivation other than to the fans...

The issue with the disrespecting towel in previous times was, it was a representation of Steeler Nation... When yall did it, Myron Cope, the creator of the Terrible Towel, hadn't been gone from this world very long...

So we sort of saw it as pissing on Myron's grave really... As much as Im tryna hate yall for doing that. Im honest at about the same place the team is where, it happened a long time ago now. I'm not as fired up over it as I was at the time.

We got the Lombardi in the end so its all good to me. And Im sure Myron's good with it too since we know he liked those things a lot, as we all do.

Do I think we will come out flat? No. Tomlin's not gonna allow that to happen but the towel is not going to be any extra motivation I don't think.

As far as how I thought we lost last year, we pretty much gave yall the game... 4 turnovers, you took advantage of all of them well. So I take my hat off to the Titans in the regard. But really it was a poor performance overall by the Steelers.

I really felt that the Titans were rather overrated. Just based off of the schedule you had. Don't mean I don't think you were the best team in the AFC South. But I didn't even think you were as good as Baltimore honestly since they had a ball breaking schedule too and they were on our heals all season, all be it we swept them. But I expected a similar performance when we played yall in December as the one we had against the Ravens in the AFCCG.

Looking at this Thursday... Its gonna be a hard fought game. It could go ether way really, but I really think we had a good shot at beating you. But on the other hand, Im sure you think the Titans have a good shot at beating the Steelers...

And you do lets be clear. Ether way you cut it its gonna be a great game. Both are rather talented tplayers, we both have good coaches... Not much else to say but wait for Thursday and we'll see how it goes man.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Last year was a close game until Ben lost that fumble at the Goal Line. Automatic Drive Killer. Things went south from there for Pittsburgh. More turnovers, a pick-6, and missed field goal. The Titans did everything they had to do to win, and they earned their win. We didn't. That's the bottom line. We're not mad about losing, we were mad about Tennesee's lack of respect for the Steelers.

Tennesee wanted to make it personal. And here we are. No matter how much the Titans players like to downplay, recant, or shrug off last year. Their antics are out there for everyone to see. And it will be replayed again and again leading up to Thursday Night.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote