Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default THE OFFICIAL TUESDAY NIGHT "WHAT I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EARLY ON" THREAD

So, what will you be looking for early on?

What I will be looking for:

offensive line- We have a $100 million QB and ranked 23rd last year in the rushing department. We need to keep Ben upright and block for our backs, especially Willie!

return game- Stefan Logan shined for us in the preseason, and I'm looking forward to his effectiveness early on in the opening game on both kickoff return and punt return.

Limas Sweed- In my opinion, Sweed will be the wildcard for us on offense this year. He had a real good preseason, now it needs to carry over into the regular season. We need him to make those big catches and provide a real third option for Ben in the receiving core.

Bruce Arians play calling- let's see will his play calling improve this year and how he will do after we get some "big plays". His play calling after big plays last year was horrendous. We need to see improvement. Also, there is talk about us going more to the screen game this season. If any Steelers fans remember, we used to be the best screen team in the league. What this does is take pressure off of Ben and open up our offense more.

Sense of urgency- I believe Mike Tomlin will do a better job than Bill Cowher with coming off a SB title. He is more of a disciplinarian and I'm pretty sure he has gotten the message across that LAST SEASON IS OVER! We need to come out firing on all cylinders and start the season off with a huge win at home!

Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552
Default Re: THE OFFICIAL TUESDAY NIGHT "WHAT I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EARLY ON" THREAD

A win!!!!!
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713
Default Re: THE OFFICIAL TUESDAY NIGHT "WHAT I WILL BE LOOKING FOR EARLY ON" THREAD

All I ask for is that the OL shows up and plays an OK game. That ultimately gives FWP running room to break out big against the tough defense, and the play action for Big Ben works as well.
Limas Sweeds turn to shine and see how much he has improved since that huge drop last season against the Ravens in the playoffs for an easy TD.
Our ST defense has always been good, but now we have excellent return man on kickoffs and punts so im excited to see our starting field position compared to last season.

Finally now that Sep is back and after a season with two horrible punters im excited to watch this youngster pin the offenses deep in their zone and watch our defense prevail.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

I am interested in seeing logan on special teams, sweed, wallace, and how we implement mendenhall in the offense.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I'll be looking at how beautiful the city of Pittsburgh and Heinz Field look on my new 46" LED TV!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
pancake
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13552

I will be waiting for Tenn to run a trick play and I hope the D is not fooled...
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

I'm looking for a fast start from the get go. I'm eager to see the running game, and how the offensive line does in their first test of the season, as it is a tough one. I'm eager to see our pass rush, and of course, that swarming defense that we are so famous for. I'm looking for a nice controlled, clock game, a feared return game and more importantly, consistency, timing, and BIG, BIG, BIG HITS, all which should result in a W!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

I'm looking for Keyaron Fox to have a busy night. He's gonna have to rack up some tackles because they'll be running right at him. I'm guessing the D won't miss a beat with Timmons sidelined, and that's definitely not a knock on Timmons. I like the confidence Tomlin has in Fox, and I like the fact that he's a co-captain. More than anything else, I like the guys who are gonna be surrounding him on D.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:20 PM   #9
arge5809
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13245

I would like to see a fast start by the offense and then keep racking up the points...

I can't wait to see how well Logan does in a real game...

I would also like to see the season sack record be re-adjusted ... again!!

And of course... lots of @$$ kicking by the Defense...
arge5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
tyler289
Team Captain

Member Number: 9049

I'm just happy to see the black and gold on my TV again.
tyler289 is offline   Reply With Quote