Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
sshuss
Water Boy

Member Number: 5830
Default What happened to Madison

Special Teams looked pretty good... A blocked kick ??? thought the only one i'd see this year was the one in the preseason very nice to see something like that happen its as rare as seeing ward getting a fumble... Logan is exciting...man he can kick into full speed in 2 steps, but what happened to our special teams guy Madison i see in my steelers digest 2 weeks ago he wasn't going to play in the last preseason game due to personal reasons, and then he's cut last saturday what happened there??

Hope we don't have another season like last year these 4th quarter comebacks are taking years off my life i guess it's worth dieing earlier for a 7th ring though lol....
sshuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
mmalone
Team Captain

Member Number: 13521
Default Re: What happened to Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshuss View Post
Special Teams looked pretty good... A blocked kick ??? thought the only one i'd see this year was the one in the preseason very nice to see something like that happen its as rare as seeing ward getting a fumble... Logan is exciting...man he can kick into full speed in 2 steps, but what happened to our special teams guy Madison i see in my steelers digest 2 weeks ago he wasn't going to play in the last preseason game due to personal reasons, and then he's cut last saturday what happened there??

Hope we don't have another season like last year these 4th quarter comebacks are taking years off my life i guess it's worth dieing earlier for a 7th ring though lol....
madison still had to play CB, that was not working for him..

Last edited by mmalone; 09-11-2009 at 09:11 AM.
mmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312

Yeah he didnt do that great at CB, he got beat out there, and plus we have a handful of special team aces as it is (Bailey, Fox, etc), so he was expendable!
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #4
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

He was making too much money for being the backup backup backup CB and a special-teamer. We looked pretty solid on special teams, so I'm not worried. Only complaint I had was our kickoffs kept getting fielded at the 10-yard line -- come on, Jeff, I've seen you do better than that. Having Sepulveda back was awesome -- can't believe what a difference that made in field position.