Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
QuothTheRaven
Water Boy

Member Number: 14549
Default Who's Ready for Nov. 29th?

As much as I hate the steelers I found this video online which has me absolutely pumped for this years ravens-steelers matchup. not trying to bash you guys, just watch the video, the music is really well done. anyone who truely loves football has to be excited for our next game against each other. even though i am from baltimore i have a lot of respect for the steelers because the teams are basically mirror images of each other and both play football the way it was meant to be played

QuothTheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Who's Ready for Nov. 29th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuothTheRaven View Post
As much as I hate the steelers I found this video online which has me absolutely pumped for this years ravens-steelers matchup. not trying to bash you guys, just watch the video, the music is really well done. anyone who truely loves football has to be excited for our next game against each other. even though i am from baltimore i have a lot of respect for the steelers because the teams are basically mirror images of each other and both play football the way it was meant to be played

Interesting. I am more excited by our game vs. the Bears since it is next week.

BTW, how does it feel knowing that in hoping for a win, your team had to go beg the Kommisar not to play in Pittsburgh on Sunday night or Monday night?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:57 AM   #3
QuothTheRaven
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

Interesting. I am more excited by our game vs. the Bears since it is next week.

BTW, how does it feel knowing that in hoping for a win, your team had to go beg the Kommisar not to play in Pittsburgh on Sunday night or Monday night?
I'm not trying to start a thread where we bash each other, just thought it was a well put together video which really highlights the physical nature of the pitt-balt games
Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I liked the video. Best rivalry in the NFL, IMO.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

It was pretty obvious a Ravens homer threw that video together, because apparently the Steelers didn't have any plays except for when they scored. 8 minutes of the Ravens trying in vain, 2 minutes of winning plays. Awesome.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
QuothTheRaven
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
It was pretty obvious a Ravens homer threw that video together, because apparently the Steelers didn't have any plays except for when they scored. 8 minutes of the Ravens trying in vain, 2 minutes of winning plays. Awesome.
I think the steelers are well represented in this video, palamalu makes a pretty amazing play to bat away a pass near the beginning and thats shown twice, the sack/ff/td return is played a couple of times, and all of the steelers big plays are shown. it may seem a little unbalanced in the first half of the video, but thats only because the ravens did dominate the first half, the steelers got booed off at halftime as im sure you know. the vid obviously shows the steelers winning so i really dont think its a misrepresentation
Old 09-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #7
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Of course it has to show some Steelers plays and that they win or else the video looks even more homerrific.

The video starts on the Steelers first drive, a scoring drive, but it leaves out some exciting pass plays of the type that absolutely litter the video as long as its from Flacco, and instead just shows the last play of the drive where Ben gets sacked and a FG is forced. It was a 49 yard FG too, but that isn't shown.

The ensuing Ravens series stalls out thanks to a James Harrison sack, but this isn't shown (and this is one of the best games of his career)...whereas we get multiple angles of every single sack on Ben...its quite clear that there is bias, we don't see the impressive 15 yard sack and second forced fumble of Flacco that Lamarr Woodley has, of course that didn't need to be shown because the Ravens end up recovering that one and ended up punting . There is only one other sack shown of Flacco outside of the fumble return, but again, its only one take, and it is shown as if to brag about the adversity he overcame as that drive ended up scoring a TD. What makes it even more blatantly obvious is the fact that Ben was only sacked 3 times, but the video makes it seem like he was sacked every other play by showing every single one and multiple takes to drive home that glorious image (if you're a Ravens fan that is). Whereas Flacco got sacked 5 times and we only see 2 of them, the one with the fumble return is completely unavoidable, and the other is actually used in a positive light...Where's the Timmons sack of Flacco in OT to force a punt and the game winning drive?

The video is so obviously setup to brag about Ravens' plays; evidenced not only by an unbalanced number of clips, but of multiple takes on plays and celebrations involving positive Ravens plays (positive Steelers plays only getting one look, the exception being the fumble return), as well as the inclusion of rather unspectacular plays - as long as they're positive for the Ravens such as simple tackles and stuffs (none for the Steelers) and only shows positive Steelers plays as if it was a forced requirement and/or was too hard to ignore.

That being said, the video is pretty good with some pretty decent editing. The choice of music is great, although some of the transitions are bit crude.

Last edited by sharkweek; 09-12-2009 at 03:45 AM.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #8
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

I'm looking forward to the Ravens once again.

It's a great rivalry right now. The Ravens bring the best out of the Steelers.

Hopefully those games won't be as close this year.
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It's difficult to get pumped up for the ravens at this point for two reasons:

1) We play the bears next Sunday

2) How do you get pumped up for a pansy waist team that pleaded with the league not to play in Pittsburgh during prime time?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #10
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Watching that video you would think the Ravens won ALL 3 GAMES last year.I only watch about 2 minutes and came to the conclusion that it was compiled by a Ravens fan. You say you didn't come here to talk smack. I wouldn't even consider going on a Ravens forum because I don't give a damn what Raven's fans think about us,yet you come into our house with this crap!
Here's a hit for you:

Do the Ravens have any receivers that can hit like this?
How about this one:

I was there and watched that game.I could count the Raven's fans on 1 hand. If that game had been played in Baltimore how many Steeler's fans would be there?
Do us a favor and stay home. We don't need any left handed compliments!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote