Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #1
Kyle021
Water Boy

Member Number: 14451
Default Forget my Titans , Positives i seen out of the Steelers Thursday

1 ) your Special Teams return game , and ofcourse your kicker is amazing

2 ) I was proved wrong about your secondary , even without Troy , yall stood pat and played very well on the pass D , forcing our offense off the field quickly , and tiring our defense

3 ) Your Receivers , Great depth , i am a huge longhorn fan , and yall got a steal out of Limas Sweed, i bet Ward is teaching him the ropes on how to be a very good blocking WR to take his reins , ill get back to this subject in a few

4 ) Play Calling - Your Staff makes adjustments everytime something different gets thrown at them , and work it to the fullest , we come with a blitzing D off the bat , yall get beat down , get back up , adjust and gain momentum and move the chains

5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance

Its not fair to judge your running game just yet, in my mind , yall played the #1/#2 best run D in the league THIS year in TN , noone is going to be able to run on us this year , reminisent (sp?) of the 2000 ravens , and yall last year

i think it will pick up over time , that OL just needs to gel more and get together , because they are eventually going to get Big Ben killed , If Pittsburgh doenst do something about this OL Big Ben career will be done before 10 years is up due to concussions via Aikman , on the flip side, has Big Ben had a concussion on the field yet? that is just an assumption of mine

you guys look to have a great team and are going to be hard to get past to the SB this year

look forward to a rematch in the playoff's

just figure i would drop in and compliment your team on beating us and point out the positives you guys got going from a haters perspective , im not gonna get on here and hate on your team because we lost , i rather get on here and compliment you like a true fan would , and give respect where respect is due , even if it hurts

only Message board i would do that too would be the ratbirds , i absolutely hate those pricks and cant wait to get the ultimate revenge on Ray Ray and those ruthless fans

i just love our teams rivalry , great game
Kyle021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 AM   #2
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836
Default Re: Forget my Titans , Positives i seen out of the Steelers Thursday

Great post Kyle021
Its taken a Titans fan to see positives from Thursday!
I know what you`re saying about the o-line.Ben does take too many hits but I also think he likes to duck and dive in and out of the pocket and make plays...which the o-line enables him to do on a regular basis..HA!
Ben did get carried of with concussion last season.
All the best for this season.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
The Lakelander
Starter

Member Number: 1503

Ben received a concussion (mild) in the 2nd Cleveland game last year, if I recall.

I'm not aware of any other in-game concussions Ben has suffered in his career?
The Lakelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle021 View Post
Bironas is a beast too, don't get too down on what happened, some of us here wish Reed had his leg. A bad snap on the first FG miss and then a blocked one will make any kicker look bad and the other teams kicker look all the better.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:10 AM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Also, I wouldn't mind if Ben's career stops at only 10 years as long as he keeps up his average of 2 Superbowls every 5 seasons, giving us 4 in that span
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
Lock Down
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9857

Class post Kyle, i believe the Titans proved they will be a force once again this season. Kenny Britt showed a bit of promise.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Quote:
just figure i would drop in and compliment your team on beating us and point out the positives you guys got going from a haters perspective , im not gonna get on here and hate on your team because we lost , i rather get on here and compliment you like a true fan would , and give respect where respect is due , even if it hurts
Great post. I am sensing that the Titan D is going to be pretty stout against the run this year. Probably going to be a very productive defensive unit without Haynesworth.

I am intrigued to see how Nate Washington prospers with the titans this year. He and Kenny Britt could be a good tandem in the future.

Strange that one of the most positive posts this week has come from a titans fan.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,653 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

[/QUOTE]5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance[QUOTE]

I am really exited about Wallace the guy is showing some promise and he is learning from a couple of good guys in Ward and Holmes. Thanks for the classy post
Old 09-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Its taken a Titans fan to see positives from Thursday!
I realized that too and isn't that pitiful?

Very nice post, Kyle and I thank you for being a stand-up guy and sharing your positive thoughts with us. Steelers fans, for the most part, are very spoiled and some feel it is their God-given right for the Steelers to win a Super Bowl every season and then turn around and look for something - anything - to bitch and moan about.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:

2 ) I was proved wrong about your secondary , even without Troy , yall stood pat and played very well on the pass D , forcing our offense off the field quickly , and tiring our defense

3 ) Your Receivers , Great depth , i am a huge longhorn fan , and yall got a steal out of Limas Sweed, i bet Ward is teaching him the ropes on how to be a very good blocking WR to take his reins , ill get back to this subject in a few

4 ) Play Calling - Your Staff makes adjustments everytime something different gets thrown at them , and work it to the fullest , we come with a blitzing D off the bat , yall get beat down , get back up , adjust and gain momentum and move the chains

5 ) MIKE WALLACE & HOLMES - Wallace is going to be a stud , this kid is gonna sit behind Holmes and Ward and learnt he fundementals of this game and grow to be a very good slot receiver , Holmes is on his way to stardom , he has the uncanny ability to find soft spots in defenses and has sticky hands and great balance
1. Seems we've waited a long time for this.

2. Our D secondary is underrated, even by some of us.

3. We've snuck up on some people here. I think they have quietly put together one of the best WR corp. in the league.

4. Be careful saying that around here.

5. Wallace seems to be a God send. He and Sweed makes us a bunch better, now and in the future.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote