Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,717 Times in 791 Posts
Default Titan gives Big "Win" Props.....

Quote....“That big [expletive] is tough as hell,” Titans defensive end Jevon Kearse(notes), who had one of the sacks, said as he walked off the field following Reed’s game-winner. “He just stays alive. He takes sacks, but he also buys time to find receivers.”........
Another Quote (after Ben got interviewed).... "After the interview, Ben got up slow, obviously banged up from the sacks and hits given to him by the Titans defense...."
I submit this: How much more pounding can our QB take before we lose him to an injury ?? How much more can the O-line let him, and Ben's holding on to the ball, keep getting punished by the biggest (combined with fastest) guys on the earth.... today's NFL defenders ??

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!

Last edited by SteelerEmpire; 09-12-2009 at 10:05 AM.
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #2
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: Titan gives Big "Win" Props.....

Is what it is...We do need to start to rebuild the Oline with young talent. But it's hard drafting at 20 and below.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Is what it is...We do need to start to rebuild the Oline with young talent. But it's hard drafting at 20 and below.
You're right, but that unfortunately is the price a team pays for getting into the playoffs and winning Super Bowls. I have the utmost faith in Kevin Colbert and if the line doesn't get 'r done this season, he needs to seriously address the issues.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Personally I've heard enough of "Ben holds the ball too long" crap!

That statement is NEVER uttered if the o-line performs at a PRO level!

Watching them struggle against the Titans was sickening. Granted thier D-line is good but I lost count of how many times our lineman BARELY got a hand on anyone. This is the NFL and it is absolutely ridiculous that on almost every play thier is 1 sometimes 2 or 3 guys coming FREE!

Same goes for run blocking. Short yardage gains are impossible with guys who whiff on thier blocks. You guys watched the same game I did you know what I'm talking about.

McNabb "might" be the only other QB who could survive behind this "way below average" O-line. And thats doubtful given the mount of injuries hes had behind a good O-line!

Ben is fricken Superman, and great defense and all that aside, this team loses without that guy pulling magic out of his arse to compensate for a shitty O-line!

Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Imagine all the boo-hooing if the Steelers had lost.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
slippy
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5848

what game were you watching Hammer? i saw ben with 3 to 5 seconds on almost every attempt in the second half.
slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

One of the sacks Ben took was definitely because he held the ball too long. Another sack was on a blitz where Kearse came in untouched.

Ben DOES hold the ball TOO LONG sometimes.

I thought the o-line did well in pass blocking but the run blocking was bad.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Everyone knows that Ben is always looking to make the big play down the field. It is a double edge sword. This is not the west cost offense here and, hope fully the oline will come together very soon. Now like it has been mentioned above here they need to run block better. Be honest here FWP did not hardly any holes to run through. A couple of runs he did gain good yards we had a holding call. Like Tomlin said in america's game sometimes the gun slinger get shot. We all know Ben will get up dust himself off make a play after that. I know alot of people think this is gonna to cut Ben's career short but, let's hope for a little better protection and more run blocking so FWP can get going.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

The time Ben had at the end of the 1st half and the time he had in the 2nd half came from two things.

1. The no huddle offense that kept the D-lineman from changing out and therefore becoming winded and tired.

2. The quick throws against the blitzes forced the Titans out of the blitz which is why in the 2nd half they were only rushing 4 sometimes only 3. Without the change to the quick throws the Titans blitz would have continued to get to Ben like they did in the 1st half.

Those 2 changes made the o-line "look" better.

I never said Ben doesn't hold the ball to make plays. BUT, if the O-line performed better ie. not whiffing on thier blocks the whole arguement of holding he ball too long wouldn't even be discussed. My problem is that too much blame goes to Ben "holding the ball too long" as the reason he takes so many sacks. If you trying to tell me that you don't see this O-line struggling to pass protect then there is nothing I can say to you because we are not watching the same game I guess.

They can't run block and they struggle to pass block. If you are going to tell me that this O-line is not as bad as I say then maybe you should try paying attention to when the opposing offense has the ball. The Steelers have the BEST defense in the league and yet the oppossing QB has much more time to throw the ball than Ben. Think about that for a minute. Did you see that statue Kerry Collins being rushed around as much as Ben?

Old 09-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

This offensive line needs fixed. Luckily Ben is one tough SOB and he will play through pain and make plays.

Oh, and Superman wears Ben Roethlisberger pajamas.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote