Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-13-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836
Default Hoke`s helmet

Just been watching Thursday`s game again and in the 3rd quarter Chris Hoke made a great tackle on White and Chris Collingsworth kept banging on about how he should have incurred a penalty because he took of his helmet.
In fact his helmet got knocked off during the tackle and all Hoke done was put it back on!
Justice for Hoke starts here!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 AM   #2
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Hoke`s helmet

They have way too many stupid rules like this in the NFL. They originally made that rule to stop guys from showing off after the play by taking off their helmet and yelling when they got a sack or an interception or something like that. I saw the play you're talking about, and it's nothing like what they intended that rule for.

They call too many penalties over nothing as it is. Collinsworth is a total bugger for saying that.

Sorry if I used that wrong; I'm just trying to get comfortable with your phrases as well. Would "wanker" have been more appropriate?
Old 09-13-2009, 03:23 AM   #3
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Yeah, he didn't see it, but it was a good no call by the refs. I do hate how he kept harping on about how that should have been a penalty without taking a better look. In his defense, it was such a bang-bang play, and Hoke started to celebrate the tackle so quickly after it was over that the celebration started as soon as the helmet was coming off from the hit, so it did sort of look like it was part of his celebration.

Also in Collinsworth's defense, while he did get that call wrong, he did get the bad pass interference call on Polamalu correct. That play was pass interference on the offense and the refs incorrectly flagged Troy and Collinsworth did call the refs on that mistake, both live and with proper review (something he didn't take time for with the Hoke play, although since that was correctly non called on the field, it wasn't that big of a deal.)
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Would "wanker" have been more appropriate?
HAHA!
From what I`ve gathered reading posts on SF,that sums up many Steeler fans description of Collinsworth.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:35 AM   #5
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
Yeah, he didn't see it, but it was a good no call by the refs. I do hate how he kept harping on about how that should have been a penalty without taking a better look. In his defense, it was such a bang-bang play, and Hoke started to celebrate the tackle so quickly after it was over that the celebration started as soon as the helmet was coming off from the hit, so it did sort of look like it was part of his celebration.

Also in Collinsworth's defense, while he did get that call wrong, he did get the bad pass interference call on Polamalu correct. That play was pass interference on the offense and the refs incorrectly flagged Troy and Collinsworth did call the refs on that mistake, both live and with proper review (something he didn't take time for with the Hoke play, although since that was correctly non called on the field, it wasn't that big of a deal.)
Actually in real-time it did look as though Hoke took his helmet off.
I have to say I do prefer Collinsworth to Madden.His comments are a bit more insightful
Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 AM   #6
Lock Down
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9857

I remember the play and watching the replays of it and i was thinking what the hell is Collinsworth on about? thought it was quite obvious Hoke didn't take off his helmet. Good no call on that occasion.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Yeah,
I saw that too. You have to realize that Collingsworth was a Bengal so he still thinks he has to hate the Steelers.That's what makes him so unprofessional.He just can't help himself so he will forever SUCK when it comes to doing Steeler games.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
steelwalls
Starter

Member Number: 13927

When it was said Collinsworthless was going to be taking Maddens place in the booth, I contimplated suicide.... actually in that game he was not 'such' a doushe bag.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #9
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I really think he has come a long way...He used to be more anti Steeler
Old 09-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
HeinzSite
Water Boy

Member Number: 14551

I gotta agree with 'SEELTHEONE'... In all fairness to Collingsworth, he has actually gotten a lot better and is actually more than tolerable to watch/listen to than some of his contemporaries...

He was comparable to Joe 'LT broke my leg' Theisman in the early part of his broadcast career, when everything he reported had to have a tie-in to his own career...

I actually enjoyed Collingsworth during the Olympics, but of course that wasn't football... So far his pairing with Al has been alright in my book.
HeinzSite is offline   Reply With Quote