Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #1
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836
Default new NFL show for UK.

I missed it,but it seems an hour long tv show on Saturday mornings began on channel 5 in the uk.
There`s a preview on on nfluk.com and it looks......god-awful
Flashy,patronising,and dumbing-down at its best
As I say,I didn`t see it,and maybe anything is better than nothing,and I`ll probably watch it but it looks complete twaddle.
I`d be interested to hear what you all think.
http://www.nfluk.com/news/nfl-uk-com...ve_100909.html
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts
Default Re: new NFL show for UK.

they canceled your MNF ??? i think a show like this is a good tuturiol for the newbies that wanna learn , but as the one comment pointed out, its not gonna be too appealing to the veteran audience. i think the clip focused a little too much on the violence of the game , instead of the strategy. it made it look a bit barbaric. the shows host are a bit questionable. they've got the one guy dressed like business man and the other looks like she's ready for a punk rock concert. i would think maybe hiring an ex NFL player as a host would lend a bit of credibility to the show.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

Haven't they already tried Football Europe and it didn't work?
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
sherlock
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7836

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
they canceled your MNF ??? i think a show like this is a good tuturiol for the newbies that wanna learn , but as the one comment pointed out, its not gonna be too appealing to the veteran audience. i think the clip focused a little too much on the violence of the game , instead of the strategy. it made it look a bit barbaric. the shows host are a bit questionable. they've got the one guy dressed like business man and the other looks like she's ready for a punk rock concert. i would think maybe hiring an ex NFL player as a host would lend a bit of credibility to the show.
Thanks for the comments MOP.
I`ve just watched the show today and to be honest it wasn`t too bad.Not perfect but nowhere near as bad as I`d feared.
They had a feature on Favre,49ers Vernon Davis,the Cowboys,extended highlights of the Bills@Pats plus a kicking tutorial with David Akers in person.
Worst part,they featured some idiot astrologist giving forth his wisdom on Chad 85.
The presenters were ok...the punk girl is Natalie Pinkham(see below !!).....supposedly a,cough, `friend` of Prince Harry.
As you said it would have been good if they had featured the strategy of the game and the programme is aimed at attracting new fans to the sport.
For what it`s worth I`d give it 7/10

Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
Thanks for the comments MOP.
I`ve just watched the show today and to be honest it wasn`t too bad.Not perfect but nowhere near as bad as I`d feared.
They had a feature on Favre,49ers Vernon Davis,the Cowboys,extended highlights of the Bills@Pats plus a kicking tutorial with David Akers in person.
Worst part,they featured some idiot astrologist giving forth his wisdom on Chad 85.
The presenters were ok...the punk girl is Natalie Pinkham(see below !!).....supposedly a,cough, `friend` of Prince Harry.
As you said it would have been good if they had featured the strategy of the game and the programme is aimed at attracting new fans to the sport.
For what it`s worth I`d give it 7/10

if thats what she wore on the show i know i'd be watchin .... ...i might not have the volume on , but i be watchin...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

She has lovely abs. Lovely.

They need to do some work on the name - NFLUK. Of course it's the NFL and the UK, but N-FLUK isn't enhancing the image any..

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:04 AM   #7
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

This "Royals" thing seems to have eclipsed the public behavior of other "children of state". Princely liberties?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote