Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

Having become a full disciple of an "Ultimate Football Site" that will remain anonymous...I have checked and rechecked the stats from our last game and have came to a conclusion that might be highly unpopular.

These are the last games running stats when broken down individually.

Parker: 1.5 yards per carry
Mendenhall: 1.5 yards per carry
Moore: 1.6 yards per carry
Rothlisberger: 3.0 yards per carry


Based on these stats for the first game only and ignoring all other stats other than those that I choose to include and which may disprove my idiotic rant...It is apparant that:

1) Ben is the most effective running back on our roster.
2) Ben should be moved into the backfield immediately.
3) The other 3 RB's are hereby and forever labeled as "busts"
4) We REALLY need a sarcasm smiley.

***disclaimer***
Any and all content within this post is to be taken within the sarcastic tone in which it was originated. Any and all who find this post filled with any factual information what so ever should consult a physician/psychologist immediately.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

LMAO!!!

You shit-stirrer!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
PeckerWood
Head Coach
 
PeckerWood's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shadyside, Ashland, OH / Conyers, Ga.
Posts: 1,909
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13275
Thanks: 986
Thanked 2,025 Times in 985 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Having become a full disciple of an "Ultimate Football Site" that will remain anonymous...I have checked and rechecked the stats from our last game and have came to a conclusion that might be highly unpopular.

These are the last games running stats when broken down individually.

Parker: 1.5 yards per carry
Mendenhall: 1.5 yards per carry
Moore: 1.6 yards per carry
Rothlisberger: 3.0 yards per carry


Based on these stats for the first game only and ignoring all other stats other than those that I choose to include and which may disprove my idiotic rant...It is apparant that:

1) Ben is the most effective running back on our roster.
2) Ben should be moved into the backfield immediately.
3) The other 3 RB's are hereby and forever labeled as "busts"
4) We REALLY need a sarcasm smiley.

***disclaimer***
Any and all content within this post is to be taken within the sarcastic tone in which it was originated. Any and all who find this post filled with any factual information what so ever should consult a physician/psychologist immediately.
"Sarcasm smiley" Run the single wing offense where the fullback took the shotgung snap from center.
PeckerWood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

It is difficult to argue with statology. Of course we will have to change our starting line up next week if Logan runs a reverse for 5 yards.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
LMAO!!!

You shit-stirrer!
Who?....me?

lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #6
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
It is difficult to argue with statology. Of course we will have to change our starting line up next week if Logan runs a reverse for 5 yards.
Hmmmmmmm.

...and since Hines IS the best blocking WR in football, I'm wondering how he would look at Left Tackle?
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Hmmmmmmm.

...and since Hines IS the best blocking WR in football, I'm wondering how he would look at Left Tackle?
By George your on to something. We may have the best team of all time. We are just playing everyone out of position.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
KeiselPower99
Living Legend
 
KeiselPower99's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parkersburg West Virginia
Posts: 3,583
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8552
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

I know a way to fix the running game. The Stick I formation.
__________________
]
KeiselPower99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

The ONLY football stat that counts is
W or L.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
Indo
Head Coach
 
Indo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nowhere Alabama
Posts: 1,744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hey...Stats dont lie. Right?

What if we move Harrison to fullback?
__________________
... I firmly believe that any man's finest hour...is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
Indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts