Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Harrison dismisses Bo Scaife's complaint

Harrison dismisses Bo Scaife's complaint
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_643519.html#
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bo Scaife took exception to the hit that James Harrison made on him last Thursday, which caused a fumble, and the Tennessee tight end recently called it a dirty play. Harrison's reaction? "I don't give a damn what he said," the Steelers outside linebacker said after practice Wednesday. "If I hit high, I get fined. If I hit him low, I keep money in my pocket." Harrison, who was docked $7,500 by the NFL for driving the quarterback into the ground in the Steelers' first preseason game on Aug. 13, did not get fined for his hit on Scaife.

Harrison may be a captain this season, but don't expect to see him at midfield for any of the pregame coin flips. The 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year skipped the one that preceded the start of the Steelers' game against the Titans as well as the coin toss that decided which team got the ball first in overtime. "We've got three or four other captains that can go out there and do that," Harrison said. "I don't feel the need to go out there." The Steelers have five captains in addition to Harrison.

Steelers cornerback Deshea Townsend returns to the airwaves as he is co-hosting a show with ESPN Radio's Ken Laird every week during the season. The show will air from 6 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday, and it will be broadcast from Doublewide Grille on the South Side. Rotating guests who will join Townsend and Laird include linebacker James Farrior, nose tackle Casey Hampton, defensive end Ziggy Hood and kicker Jeff Reed.

Starting inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons practiced on a limited basis Wednesda
y in his bid to return from an ankle injury and play in the Steelers' 4:15 p.m. game Sunday against Chicago. Wide receiver Limas Sweed left practice yesterday with a foot injury, but it did not appear to be serious. Strong safety Troy Polamalu (knee) was the only Steelers player who didn't practice yesterday because of an injury. Coach Mike Tomlin held several veterans out of practice, including wide receiver Hines Ward, defensive end Aaron Smith and strong safety Tyrone Carter.

Bears starting outside linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee) didn't practice yesterday because of an injury. Also missing practice for Chicago were defensive end Mark Anderson (toe), tight end Desmond Clark (rib), safety Danieal Manning (back) and cornerback Trumaine McBride (knee). Starting defensive tackle Tommie Harris (knee), starting left guard Frank Omiyale (ankle) and starting strong safety Al Afalava (shoulder) were limited in practice because of injuries.

Kicker Jeff Reed learned Wednesday that he had won AFC special teams player of the week honors. Reed kicked two field goals in the Steelers' 13-10 win over the Titans last Thursday. His 33-yard field goal in overtime allowed the Steelers to extend their opening-game winning streak to seven games. Reed has kicked eight game-winning field goals during the regular season over his career.

Digits

9 -- 100-yard rushing games Willie Parker has in the month of September during his career.

15 -- Players on the Steelers roster who are listed at under 6 feet, tying them with the Falcons for the most in the NFL in that category

41 -- Players from LSU and Miami (Fla.) on NFL rosters for the opening weekend of the season, tying them for the most of any school.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: Harrison dismisses Bo Scaife's complaint

silverback has a great attitude! must be a class on attitude for Lbers at kent state

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,302 Times in 3,522 Posts

Quote:
• Harrison may be a captain this season, but don't expect to see him at midfield for any of the pregame coin flips. The 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year skipped the one that preceded the start of the Steelers' game against the Titans as well as the coin toss that decided which team got the ball first in overtime. "We've got three or four other captains that can go out there and do that," Harrison said. "I don't feel the need to go out there." The Steelers have five captains in addition to Harrison.

TRADITION- "i wasnt hired for my disposition"
Old 09-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #4
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Classy guy who just keeps his mouth shut and plays the game!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408

All things being considered maybe it is best if Silver back doesn't come out for the pre game handshake.

Quote:
several veterans out of practice, including wide receiver Hines Ward, defensive end Aaron Smith and strong safety Tyrone Carter.
Got to admit that seems a bit strange.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,329 Times in 1,415 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

You have to love this guy and his attitude.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

TRADITION- "i wasnt hired for my disposition"
Gotta love Greg Lloyd. Too bad he had to go sticking a gun in his kids mouth
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:17 AM   #8
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

it was a legal hit through and through, he shouldn't care
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Ok.

Greg Lloyd, James Harrison, or Jack Lambert. Which one is meaner?

Personally, I think you put a blindfold on and just pick.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:11 AM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

James is a classy guy through and through, but I'm sure in the back of his mind somewhere, he was thinking . .

Hey Bo - how 'bout a nice cup of STFU?

Quote:
Kicker Jeff Reed learned Wednesday that he had won AFC special teams player of the week honors
That's my Skippy!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote