Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ready for the Windy City (Timmons blog)

Ready for the Windy City
http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Ready...widgetId=18061
September 18, 2009

I didn’t get to play in last week’s game against the Titans because of my ankle injury but the rehab is going great and the ankle feels real good right now. I will definitely be playing in this week’s game against the Bears in Chicago.

I practiced this week on Wednesday and Thursday and the ankle feels just fine. I’m taking it one day at a time and will be back to 100% real soon. Right now it is feeling really good and I’ll be ready for the Bears this Sunday at Soldier Field.

This will be the first time I have ever played in Soldier Field and I am very interested to see the so-called UFO that landed inside the stadium. I know that a UFO didn’t really land there, but they say it looks like one did.

We have a good game plan for the Bears and we know that they are going to play hard and try and make up for their close loss against the Packers in week one. We know the Bears are going to come in and play a whole lot better than they did last week, plus they will have the home crowd behind them.

Jay Cutler is a real good quarterback and we know that he will be pumped and try to win the game. Jay throwing four picks is highly unusual and he is going to be trying his best to beat us, so we have to be ready to defend him and limit what Cutler and the Bears offense do during the game.

Matt Forte is also a very good runner who runs downhill and can take it to the house at any time so we have to make sure to contain him and not let him get into open space.

We also know that we have to be very good on special teams with Devin Hester returning punts. He can run one back to the house at any time and we have to be ready for him. The Bears have really good special teams so we are going to have to match them.

It was a shame that Brian Urlacher got hurt and is out for the season. In hearing about his injury, it was probably best for him and his future that he is out for the season. A linebacker really needs the use of his wrist and hands to play the position properly.

We had our own defensive leader get injured in week one as well, as I am sure you have all heard. Troy Polamalu hurt his knee, but he works hard and has been making progress and rehabbing his injury. He is a hard worker and I feel that he will be back on the field sooner than most people expect.

He will obviously not be playing this week against the Bears, and I’m sure that we are going to miss him on the field. We will not only miss him for his playing ability but also his leadership skills on the field. He keeps everyone on the defense in line and he is one of the best, if not the best safety in the league.

But just as the Bears are going to have to do without their defensive leader in Urlacher, with Troy out, the backup and the rest of the defense is going to have to step it up and fill in the void.

It should be a great game between two hard-hitting teams that like to play smash mouth football.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Ready for the Windy City (Timmions blog)

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39043

You really don't read any of these threads, do you?

Copy&Paste
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

I guess that's good news, but I thought he re injured his ankle. Just hope he's not pushing it.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=39043

You really don't read any of these threads, do you?

Copy&Paste
Be nice Killer
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

This is very good news for our defense! Welcome back Timmons.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
Fire Haley
Banned

I know mesa does a fine and noble job bringing all the news here, but I come here to talk to other fans.

I can go to the PPG or Trib site and read all the articles. Multiple stories about the same thing waters down all the good discussion. that's my point. Duplicate threads with 2 responses each are boring.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I know mesa does a fine and noble job bringing all the news here, but I come here to talk to other fans.

I can go to the PPG or Trib site and read all the articles. Multiple stories about the same thing waters down all the good discussion. that's my point. Duplicate threads with 2 responses each are boring.
Yea because we all know you are about making things wild and exciting But nice of you to come back to this boring thread
Old 09-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #8
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Yea because we all know you are about making things wild and exciting But nice of you to come back to this boring thread
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
Kaeg
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 5784

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Keep 'em comin, Mesa. I love having all the Steelers news right at my fingertips.
^^^ agree I don't actually get any newspapers, so it's my source of Steeler news.
Kaeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #10
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Keep 'em comin, Mesa. I love having all the Steelers news right at my fingertips.
mesa thanks you for your support.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote