Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Eagles bench Stacey Andrews

Mouse is broke on my PC(so if anyone can copy and paste this article for me, greatly appreciated).

A couple of days old, but wow...who would have thought this would turn out to be a BAD signing?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...er_s_role.html
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,281 Times in 1,401 Posts
Default Re: Eagles bench Stacey Andrews

Quote:
Eagles Notes: Eagles move Stacy Andrews out of starter's role

By Jeff McLane

Inquirer Staff Writer

It's been a tough week for the Andrews brothers.

First, Shawn Andrews was lost for the season when he was placed on injured reserve with a recurring back injury. And now Stacy Andrews has lost the starting right-guard position.

A little over a week ago, the brothers were lined up next to each other, with Shawn Andrews at right tackle. Now neither is with the first team.

Eagles coach Andy Reid, during his news conference yesterday, said that he would rotate three guards - Nick Cole, Max Jean-Gilles and Stacy Andrews - at two spots for tomorrow's home opener against New Orleans. Andrews, though, confirmed later that he would be coming off the bench as opposed to starting as he did in the opener.

Andrews said the rotation was already in place for last week's game against Carolina, but Jean-Gilles injured his knee. Reid said the demotion had nothing to do with Andrews' knee, and the guard confirmed as much, although he's less than a year removed from surgery to correct a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

"I really can't put a percentage on it, but it has been feeling real good," Andrews said of his right knee. "It hasn't been bothering me at all. I played a full game last week . . . and didn't have any setbacks."

Andrews said that missing most of the off-season and being slowly eased into practice during the preseason had more to do with his not starting. He said he was still getting used to the Eagles' pass-protection technique, which is different from the method he used in Cincinnati.

"I know I still have a ways to go," he said.

Not having either Andrews brother start the second game couldn't have been the way the Eagles imagined their offensive line after Shawn Andrews was moved to right tackle and his brother was signed to a six-year, $40 million contract in the off-season.

Reid said that Shawn Andrews, who had surgery to correct a herniated disk last October, does not need another surgery as of right now. The team plans to send the tackle to California to rehab his back with Robert Watkins because Andrews "would be near the doctor that did the surgery, and that's where he rehabbed before," Reid said.
wow

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Wow, the Eagles are major fail.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,622 Times in 812 Posts

I thought Stacy Andrews had some depression issues. Too bad for him getting demoted, but at least its not a Steeler problem.