Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Not that you asked but....

if I've been one to say the Patriots always had the edge in big games becasuse of
A) Belichick B) Brady C) Vinatieri D) best clutch D

then now that they are gone, who gets the edge now?

Pitts vs DEnver
Coach: Even.
Kickers: neither gives the huge clutch advantage Vinatieri gave the Patriots
defense: probably the Steelers
QB: heres the big edge. Ben has proven it to me, hes got "It", that certain intangible that you just know when you see it. Bledsoe never had it. Brady had it right off the bat.

Steelers over the Broncos

Carolina vs Seattle

Coach: i still like Fox
QB : Delhomme has done it on the big stages
kickers: see above
defense: Panthere

Panthers over Seahawks

up until now only the 1985 Patriots won 3 road games to go to the SB, this year it happens twice!

i really think a SB between the 2 teams ive respected the most as challengers to the Patriots could be the greatest SB of them all. Roethlisburger vs Delhomme?
by definition there cant be a blowout on either side.

no team scared me during the run as did the Panthers in SB 38. You guys better root for Seattle sunday night.

but as of now i just got a feeling, its not my official pick until the SB match up is set for sure but im thinking..
if the Steelers keep opening it up for Ben on offense

Pittsburgh 34, Carolina 30

and the Steeler-Patriot rivalry just gets better and better next year.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Not that you asked but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
if I've been one to say the Patriots always had the edge in big games becasuse of
A) Belichick B) Brady C) Vinatieri D) best clutch D

then now that they are gone, who gets the edge now?

Pitts vs DEnver
Coach: Even.
Kickers: neither gives the huge clutch advantage Vinatieri gave the Patriots
defense: probably the Steelers
QB: heres the big edge. Ben has proven it to me, hes got "It", that certain intangible that you just know when you see it. Bledsoe never had it. Brady had it right off the bat.

Steelers over the Broncos

Carolina vs Seattle

Coach: i still like Fox
QB : Delhomme has done it on the big stages
kickers: see above
defense: Panthere

Panthers over Seahawks

up until now only the 1985 Patriots won 3 road games to go to the SB, this year it happens twice!

i really think a SB between the 2 teams ive respected the most as challengers to the Patriots could be the greatest SB of them all. Roethlisburger vs Delhomme?
by definition there cant be a blowout on either side.

no team scared me during the run as did the Panthers in SB 38. You guys better root for Seattle sunday night.

but as of now i just got a feeling, its not my official pick until the SB match up is set for sure but im thinking..
if the Steelers keep opening it up for Ben on offense

Pittsburgh 34, Carolina 30

and the Steeler-Patriot rivalry just gets better and better next year.
I agree with basically all of that, except I see Carolina winning the superbowl over Pittsburgh. It would definitely be a good one.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85
I agree with basically all of that, except I see Carolina winning the superbowl over Pittsburgh. It would definitely be a good one.

Carolina won't win the Super Bowl Because Of This, The Panthers CHOKED the last time they made it to the playoffs and got this far even though I will give them credit they have been to a Super Bowl this Decade, the Steelers are a team that is not going to go down. They're gonna win this for the bus. First I want the Steelers to win this week.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:39 PM   #4
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Carolina won't win the Super Bowl Because Of This, The Panthers CHOKED the last time they made it to the playoffs and got this far even though I will give them credit they have been to a Super Bowl this Decade, the Steelers are a team that is not going to go down. They're gonna win this for the bus. First I want the Steelers to win this week.
when did Carolina ever choke? by taking the Patriots down to the wire in SB 38??
Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #5
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah the panters did not choke when they went to the superbowl, they played one hell of a game they just got beat by the better team that year
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

The Carolina SB was amazing - all that talk during the first half of the most boring SB ever - then it just lit up in the 2nd half - probably one of the most exciting of my lifetime - I think some neutrals may agree.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:30 PM   #7
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

yeah i would have to agree, and it was the superbowl that ruined halftime for the rest of our lives, rolling stones this year, **** that i rather watch grass grow
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:39 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Carolina's chances of getting to the SB hinge ALOT on how well Goings is able to carry the load and if he stays healthy thru this game.

I can see a Steelers/Panthers SB in a BIG way. Although I would think I could see the Steelers pulling out a close one winning by maybe 10 points, because we're healthier and we have more weapons on offense.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #9
3 to be 4
Team Owner

must say a brilliant move by Cowher entering the playoffs to open up the offense to set up his ground game. kind of like Rocky saving going lefty until the final round. If he continues to do that and Ben keeps playing like he has theres really no reason they cant go all the way this time. And if that happens Ben catipults himself into the top 3 or 4 QB's in the game, and Cowher pretty much shuts up his critics for good, myself included.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:47 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,190 Times in 3,490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
must say a brilliant move by Cowher entering the playoffs to open up the offense to set up his ground game. kind of like Rocky saving going lefty until the final round. If he continues to do that and Ben keeps playing like he has theres really no reason they cant go all the way this time. And if that happens Ben catipults himself into the top 3 or 4 QB's in the game, and Cowher pretty much shuts up his critics for good, myself included.
strange thing is is that the steelers are running the ball MORE in the playoffs than in the regular season. 62% vs 59%. 3/4 of bens passes have been in the ist half and the offensive gameplan is pretty much a carbon copy of the 1st two games to open the regular season vs titans and texans. also as the one used late in the season vs. the browns. all three of these regular season games had ben sitting during the 4th quarter, as they blew out their opponents. question is, will the same gameplan be as effective against a strong defense like denver, or will cowher go back to trying to pound the ball? i think they can continue to air it out and ben has shown he can recover mentally from throwing an early pick but can the team recover from throwing a pick returned for 7?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote