Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,632 Posts
Default Mackenzie Phillips says she had sex with her dad

wow. talk about "one day at a time".... freakshow. (kinda sad/extremely sick and disturbing.)

anyways schnyder was my man back in the day, and valerie is still hot.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Vh9eQD9AT6L8O0

Quote:
CHICAGO Former child star Mackenzie Phillips said Wednesday her father, John Phillips, who was a leader of the 1960s pop group the Mamas and the Papas, raped her when she was a teenager and that her sexual relationship with him later became what she termed "consensual."

Mackenzie Phillips writes in her new book, "High on Arrival," that she had sex with her father on the night before she was to get married in 1979 at age 19, according to People magazine.

Phillips wrote in her book: "I woke up that night from a blackout to find myself having sex with my own father."

She told "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in an interview that aired Wednesday that her siblings "definitely have a problem with this." Winfrey also read a statement from Genevieve Waite, John Phillips' wife at the time of the alleged abuse and Mackenzie's stepmother. Waite's statement said John Phillips was "incapable, no matter how drunk or drugged he was, of having such a relationship with his own child."

Phillips, 49, who starred on TV's "One Day at a Time," said the sexual relationship with her father lasted a decade and ended when she became pregnant and didn't know who had fathered the child. She had an abortion, which her father paid for, and "and I never let him touch me again."

Phillips told Winfrey that she first tried cocaine when she was 11 years old. Her father did drugs with her, taught her to roll joints and injected her with cocaine. Phillips said she's been clean for a year after pleading guilty to possessing cocaine and entering a drug treatment program.

She said she confronted her father in the early stages of the abuse, which she described as rape.

"My dad said, 'Raped you? Don't you mean when we made love?' And in that moment I thought, 'Wow, I'm really on my own here,'" Phillips said. She learned to turn her anger toward herself and "boxed it away" rather than think about the drug-fueled incest, she said.

Phillips said she doesn't hate her father, who died in 2001 of heart failure at the age of 65.

"I understand that he was a very tortured man and ... passed that torture down to me," she said.

Phillips said the sexual relationship, although she believes it eventually became consensual, was "an abuse of power" and "a betrayal" on her father's part. She said she forgave John Phillips on his deathbed.

"I can't be the only one this has happened to," Phillips said. "Someone needs to put a face on consensual incest."

John Phillips co-founded the Mamas and the Papas and wrote its biggest hits, including "California Dreamin'" and "Monday Monday." He also helped organize the 1967 Monterey Pop Festival, which helped introduce Jimi Hendrix to American audiences.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: Mackenzie Phillips says she had sex with her dad

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Wow.

Just another reason why, no matter who claims what with or against whom, I don't resort to calling names. You simply never know the person's past and the demons that haunt them.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I am shocked but I shouldn't be, as I read that John Phillips was a very controlling man. Even though Mackenzie and her Dad were always strung out on drugs, how truly disgusting and demented.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Wow. And I thought this was bad:

Phillips, 49, tells O that her father -- Mamas and Papas founder John Phillips -- was the first person to shoot her up. She also recounted that Mick Jagger pulled a fast one on her (not sure at what age): ``[He] locked the door and said, `I've been waiting for this since you were 10 years old.' ''

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/story/1246795.html
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
Wow. And I thought this was bad:

Phillips, 49, tells O that her father -- Mamas and Papas founder John Phillips -- was the first person to shoot her up. She also recounted that Mick Jagger pulled a fast one on her (not sure at what age): ``[He] locked the door and said, `I've been waiting for this since you were 10 years old.' ''

http://www.miamiherald.com/living/story/1246795.html
John Phillips most definitely was a truly demented SOB.

As for Mick Jagger - the thought of that skeletal creep touching me or any other woman makes my skin crawl. Mackenzie Phililps can blame Jagger for her eats-apples-through-picket-fences teeth - he sucked the majority her lips off with those bojuju lips of his.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

A few things jump out at me on this, but I have to admit that I don't really know much about this. What jumps out is that: 1)her claims come a year after she pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine; 2) Her dad, no matter how much he liked drugs in his life, isn't alive to defend the rape/incest accusations. Do you think she might be making it up, trying to make herself out to be a victim in order to save face? You know, the old, "Don't blame me. I f**ked up because my parents f**ked me up." bit?
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
A few things jump out at me on this, but I have to admit that I don't really know much about this. What jumps out is that: 1)her claims come a year after she pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine; 2) Her dad, no matter how much he liked drugs in his life, isn't alive to defend the rape/incest accusations. Do you think she might be making it up, trying to make herself out to be a victim in order to save face? You know, the old, "Don't blame me. I f**ked up because my parents f**ked me up." bit?
Don't know. But normally, if someone is doing that out of an addictive problem, it is said right then. Not when she has faced the depth of the hell she created herself.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
I saw her on Oprah today, and she came across as truthful to me. She had some of the saddest eyes I've seen on a person in a long time. I felt sorry for her. Hope she stays sober.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Personally, I feel I'd have been better off remaining blissfully ignorant of the content of this thread. Yikes!