Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
Slanted August
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13535
Default Why is Arians a dirty word here?

I feel like I am writing about some taboo topic but this is a discussion board, no? If a poster has an opinion and can make legit arguements on this opinion why should this be looked down upon? If you dont like it move on to the next thread. If you respectfully disagree then make your case so hopefully I can be educated on your point of view.

I am not writing just to make a shallow comment that "BA sucks!" and be negative because I have nothing better to b!tch about on one of the highest winning % franchises in modern football.

Actually, this past week I witnessed one of the best games that he called (That is assuming that Ben did not call any audibles when he saw the safeties cheating up and handed off to Rasheed/Willie on a couple productive runs). Just like the two minute drills, etc it is nice to where the OC gives Ben those options and allow him to continue to develop into an elite quarterback. I will also give him credit for that bunch formation that keeps the defense slightly honest and neutralized.

On the flipside we have a boatload of talent on offense with a line that is not our greatest asset. My frustration is that we have failed to improve in several areas such as screens (that could only help the Oline), short yardage, etc which is now going on three years.

Place the ball on the three yard line and give the Steelers 10 chances to score. How many times will they score 30%?, 40%?

Does anyone know if Arians had head coach interviews during the playoffs or after the Super Bowl? I honestly dont know but maybe there is a GM or owner that sees something that a simple fan like myself is blind to.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172
Default Re: Why is Arians a dirty word here?

Basically there are alot of BA haters and the moment something bad happens we lose or do not put 50 points on the scoreboard they B!tch. I know ive seen it with my own eyes their are times you shake your head (that damn draw play). But all in all he does a pretty good job and he gets 0 love. It has gotten to a point where good god you cant take the whining anymore. could we do better maybe, could we do worse maybe. It boils down to coach tomilin & the FO like him. Also ben really likes him and that is a BIG BIG BIG plus for him makes him comfy. Anyway it is such old hat around here BA suck! fire BA!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
Basically there are alot of BA haters and the moment something bad happens we lose or do not put 50 points on the scoreboard they B!tch. I know ive seen it with my own eyes their are times you shake your head (that damn draw play). But all in all he does a pretty good job and he gets 0 love. It has gotten to a point where good god you cant take the whining anymore. could we do better maybe, could we do worse maybe. It boils down to coach tomilin & the FO like him. Also ben really likes him and that is a BIG BIG BIG plus for him makes him comfy. Anyway it is such old hat around here BA suck! fire BA!
Ditto.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Because in general, that topic has been beat to death

Old 09-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
GridironWarrior
Starter

Member Number: 9565

Of course Ben like him because they now they are a pass 1st team. Wasn't Ben's problem with Whiz due to the fact they ran first?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,143 Times in 560 Posts

I think most people hold him responsible for killing our power running game

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Old 09-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
I think most people hold him responsible for killing our power running game

I think most people hold him responsible for killing our running game.

That's better.

78 passing plays to 48 running plays called thus far this season.

PTS
(29th)

YDS
(16th)

PASS YDS
(8th)

RUSH YDS
(28th)

Does anyone want to deny the fact that the Steelers are "pass happy" this eason?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:18 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Because these new age Steelers fans don't understand the game, chose Arians as their scapegoat, hopped on the bandwagon in 2005, dismounted and hopped back on again last season. Gee - hope they didn't strain a groin or somethin'.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 09-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Because Steelers fans know a lemon when they see one.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
Slanted August
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Because in general, that topic has been beat to death

Preacher,

Beat to death in pro vs anti Arians?

Again, I only see a small portion snapshot of the screen on Sunday and can only comment on seeing what I see. I have seen Steeler sites that BD and analyze every play to the nth degree. I always love to hear their opinion because it is this type of fan that does not get caught up in statistics and really looks for the cause and effect of how a play developed.

Maybe to a fault I have always tried to look at the problem in determining the root cause so a corrective action can be put in place. This is not to point a finger but to address accountibility.

Lets say that Arians is adequate in his role. Also, given the assumption that he can't catch the ball (ie when Santonio has the dropsies or when Ben overthrows, etc. who or what needs to be corrected to improve our offensive production and efficiency?

I am realistic and am not expecting 500 yards of offense and 5 for 5 in the redzone. Maybe there is a number of people that see our production woes being greatly exaggerated but if we can look at it this way are our challenges:

Lack of execution - Who is responsible?
Poor scheme - Who is responsible?
Poor preparation causing errors (penelties, dropped passes, fumbles, missed assignments) - Who is responsible?
Lack of talent?

I am open minded and am trying to look at all point of views besides the ones that may look blatantly obvious.
Closed Thread