Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-18-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Cool Rituals in high gear

There's an article on SteelersLive talking about all the rituals Steeler fans love to do, and email letters from fans about what they do each week for the games.

I know on SF alot of us, myself included, stick to our black n gold rituals religiously, so if you're doing them stick with it and dont change a thing.

Here we go Steelers
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
Da'Burgh
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 701
Default Re: Rituals in high gear

Mine is not wearing my Steelers jerseys until Sunday. This is strictly Steelers day so I only wear it when the Steelers are playing. Not on bye week or Sunday before MNF, but when they play.

I also have my terrible towel next to me during the game at all times. My girlfriend must wear her Steelers bracelet, and I wear one black Steelers bracelet and one gold.

I wear a home jersey for home, and an away for away. When away I wear the Reebok Steelers hat I have and when home I wear my Pirates cap.

There's my ritual.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

well i can't wear my steelers shit during game day with fear i might loose my temper and rip it apart if we lose (i tore my spurs hat in game 2 of the 2003 finals when we lost) so i wear my hines jersey and hat the day after each game. and then on wednesday i just wear my steelers hat with whatever i have on. then each saturday or sunday before i go to sleep if the game is on tv i set my vcr to record the game and then wake up right at kickoff (no pregame shows for me they bore now)
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

My gameday ritual is to wear my Hines Ward jersey with a gold shirt underneath. Have to watch the game at the bar and always have my terrible towel right beside me.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 04:27 AM   #5
madrax
Water Boy

Member Number: 325

My ritual is as follows --

1) 2 hrs before kickoff: Tune in to the pregame with Bill and Tunch via FieldPass.
2) 1 hr before kickoff: Shower (still listening to the pregame).
3) 30 min. before kickoff: Quick trip to the store for beers and snacks.
4) 15 min. before kickoff: I put on my black personalized #75 jersey (steelers t shirt or sweatshirt underneath, depending on the temperature), steelers ballcap, two terrible towels handy (one black, one gold). Hang up the flags and other paraphernalia around the TV.

During the game, I sling the gold towel over my shoulder when we're on offense, the black one when we're on defense. After the long bengals kickoff return in december I contemplated getting a white terrible towel for special teams, but seeing how they've stepped up their play I now just use the regular ones.

If I forget to switch the towel, something bad inevitably happens. Point in case: I forgot to switch last Sunday when we got the ball at the Colts' 2 with 1:20 to go. The Bettis fumble was entirely my fault, as I was wearing the defensive towel. Also, the opposite can happen: When I switch too quickly. When Polamalu was running jubilant towards the sideline after his interception I prematurely switched to the gold Towel. That was my bad, too.

Please forgive me. It was the fourth quarter and I'd already had way too much beer. I'll be more on point this week.
madrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
Crawdaddye
Water Boy

Member Number: 700

1. I fold my Terrible towel in half and then in half again, so each quarter has a different side up. I have to swipe the towel with my hand from the middel to each side and then one swipe across the whole towel. If anyone touches it during the game I need to "Reset" it.

2. First thing on game day the flag goes out on the pole.

3. My hat is forward for offense and backward for defense.

4. In the playoffs nothing gets washed until we win it all or we're eliminated.

5. Once I start a season with a particular jersey, hat and towel that is what I use for the entire season.

Last edited by Crawdaddye; 01-19-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Crawdaddye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
well i can't wear my steelers shit during game day with fear i might loose my temper and rip it apart if we lose
I see some anger management classes in your future...LOL.

I don't really go in too much for all this superstition stuff, but I have been wearing the same steelers shirt under my away jersey the last couple weeks (washed, of course).
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #8
FisherMOM
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 982

I am NOT allowed to wash the Rothlesberger Jersey that David wears each Sunday.
It is unwashed until the Steelers season ends.

We make sure the flag is not twisted up on the pole outside, and David wears
Steelers socks each Sunday! I have my first beer with him out in the garage.. then I come in the house for the rest of the game. Celeste (my 7 year old) and I also like to kick with the kicker for field goals and extra points.. this gets her involved in it too!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:15 AM   #9
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Nice rituals, I just sit there and watch with the Bettis jersey and jump up when something happens.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #10
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

My game day ritual consist of wearing my dirty unwashed Big Ben Jersey. I think the last time I washed it was when I went to the Steelers game down in San Diego this year. Last week before the Indy game my 5 month old daughter spit up all over my jersey. My wife freaked and imediately wanted to throw it into the wash. I said "hell no" and just non chalantly wiped the baby puke right off of my shirt. There will be plenty of time for washing later.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote