Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default The Official GROW UP THREAD

MY RANT

I have sat back and watched for a couple years now people in this forum.

One significant truth surpasses all others.

People need to GROW UP.

-- Children or those with child mentalities throw hissy fits when things don't go their way.

-- Spoiled children spew out "I don't want that toy" when they get mad.

-- Spoiled children think that the world revolves around THEM.

Here...

--when we lose games, we get litteraly 1000's of posts of hissy fits because a game or a season didn't go their way.

-- When a guy drops a pass, especially after making DOZEN'S of tough catches in the preseason not to mention one before the drop, everyone cries out, CUT HIM, I don't want him... I don't want that toy--Get me another mommy Tomlin NOW!

-- too many people think it is our BIRTHRIGHT to win every game PERIOD. Even more so against the Browns and Bungles. I got a newsflash. THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS TOO. They come to PLAY THE GAME TOO.

So, over the next few days, IMO, please, be a grown up and INTERACT with others in like manner. There is plenty to discuss today. I didn't like some of the defensive assignments. I didn't like some of the play calling late in the game. I didn't like two major mistakes by our sophmore and then freshman receivers. I would LOVE to discuss those things with people who want to POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION.

Positive contribution is not always being positive, but it is engaging your BRAIN as much as spewing unmet expectations in a hateful fashion.

(MODS-- I realize this may be infraction/ban worthy, as it comes awfully close to flaming. That wasn't my intent, as I think both of you know. However, as you DONT play favorites, please email me if you do find it so. I am willing to take whatever is due my way for stating this opinion.)
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544
Default Re: The Official GROW UP THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
MY RANT

People need to GROW UP.

-- Children or those with child mentalities throw hissy fits when things don't go their way.

Here...

--when we lose games, we get litteraly 1000's of posts of hissy fits because a game or a season didn't go their way.

-- When a guy drops a pass, especially after making DOZEN'S of tough catches in the preseason not to mention one before the drop, everyone cries out, CUT HIM, I don't want him... I don't want that toy--Get me another mommy Tomlin NOW!

-- too many people think it is our BIRTHRIGHT to win every game PERIOD. Even more so against the Browns and Bungles. I got a newsflash. THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS TOO. They come to PLAY THE GAME TOO.

So, over the next few days, IMO, please, be a grown up and INTERACT with others in like manner. There is plenty to discuss today. I didn't like some of the defensive assignments. I didn't like some of the play calling late in the game. I didn't like two major mistakes by our sophmore and then freshman receivers. I would LOVE to discuss those things with people who want to POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION.

Positive contribution is not always being positive, but it is engaging your BRAIN as much as spewing unmet expectations in a hateful fashion.

(MODS-- I realize this may be infraction/ban worthy, as it comes awfully close to flaming. That wasn't my intent, as I think both of you know. However, as you DONT play favorites, please email me if you do find it so. I am willing to take whatever is due my way for stating this opinion.)
Well said!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
NEPAsteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11528

B..b..but the steelers are SUPPOSED to win.....

No, but seriously, I agree with you. Maybe I went a bit overboard with my "Enough of the effing negativity" thread, but I feel like I get dumber when I read the Game Day threads with all the crap spewing out of it.
NEPAsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
wmjeffers
Water Boy

Member Number: 14810

So no one can make comments after a loss then preacher, you find it offensive if fans ever question our historic franchise? Sorry preacher, you need to preach to yourself... people have legitimate concerns, let them vent, and discuss and talk. Or should we just be happy happy joy joy when our team loses? It bothers you we see what is wrong as fans and want to talk about it? Maybe you shouldn't be here...
wmjeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #5
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Exactly Preach....it seems to be getting worse each week, I've about had it!
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
MY RANT

People need to GROW UP.

Here...

Excellent post Preacher!
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjeffers View Post
So no one can make comments after a loss then preacher, you find it offensive if fans ever question our historic franchise? Sorry preacher, you need to preach to yourself... people have legitimate concerns, let them vent, and discuss and talk. Or should we just be happy happy joy joy when our team loses? It bothers you we see what is wrong as fans and want to talk about it? Maybe you shouldn't be here...
Just amazing...and with 3 posts!!!!!!!!!!!
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

AGREED PREACHER!!!!!

Look, it's ok to vent your anger(Hey I need to do it to). But with a "The Sky is falling" mentality, that annoys me.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjeffers View Post
And this post is EXACTLY what I am talking about... as you COMPLETELY missed an ENTIRE SECTION of my post. Let me put it back here so you can read it.

Quote:
So, over the next few days, IMO, please, be a grown up and INTERACT with others in like manner.
There is NOTHING there saying don't discuss it. I am saying, discuss it LIKE A GROWN UP.
Quote:
There is plenty to discuss today. I didn't like some of the defensive assignments. I didn't like some of the play calling late in the game. I didn't like two major mistakes by our sophmore and then freshman receivers.
These are just SOME THINGS that I would LOVE to discuss in a GROWN UP FASHION. You know, a POSITIVE DISCUSSION. What IS A POSITIVE discussion you ask? Well, I explained that for you.
Quote:
I would LOVE to discuss those things with people who want to POSITIVELY CONTRIBUTE TO THE DISCUSSION.

Now, do you understand what I am saying?
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Criticisms =/= hissy fits. I'm sorry, but some of us choose to voice our concerns when a championship-caliber team comes stumbling out of the gate to a 1-2 record against arguably mediocre competition. This is especially true when the same issues persist from week to week.