Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Bengals celebrate big victory with song

Bengals celebrate big victory with song
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_645339.html#
By Mark Kaboly
DAILY NEWS SPORTS EDITOR
Monday, September 28, 2009

Cincinnati wide receiver Chad Ochocinco wasn't going to let this one slide without letting his feelings be known to the world.

Following Cincinnati's improbable, 23-20, come-from-behind victory Sunday over the Steelers at Paul Brown Stadium in which the Bengals scored 14 points in the final nine minutes, Ochocinco expressed what was on his mind and in his heart through something other than his mouth the late R&B artist Sam Cooke.

The Bengals' vocal wide receiver made sure he had the locker room's sound system all queued up and the repeat button engaged to Cooke's 1964 hit single "A Change is Gonna Come." The song blared throughout the room after the Bengals upset their biggest rival.

"I am a Sam Cooke man," Ochocinco said, with a smug smile.

For those not familiar with Cooke's song, the main verse states: "It's been a long, long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes, it will."

Guard Bobbie Williams, all 6-foot-4, 345-pounds of him, was belting out the lyrics.

"Oh yeah, it's been a long time coming," Williams sang.

That long time finally arrived yesterday for the Bengals.

Cincinnati beat its rival on its home turf after eight consecutive losses since the opening of Paul Brown Stadium at the turn of the century.

"I guess the song fits in right with the day," said cornerback Johnathan Joseph, who returned an interception 30 yards for a touchdown only 95 seconds into the second half to give the Bengals their first touchdown.

The Steelers always have been a thorn in the Bengals' side.

Since 2000, the two teams have played 20 times, and the Bengals have come away with only four victories. One of the most heartbreaking defeats came in the 2005 AFC wild-card game, when Cincinnati self-destructed after losing quarterback Carson Palmer to a knee injury.

It appeared to be heading down that familiar road again yesterday after Cincinnati didn't manage positive yards until a few minutes into the second quarter.

"Even when chaos was among us, we remained poised, and we kept our confidence," Williams said.

According to Ochocinco, times of old in Cincinnati are just that times of old.

"Down, 13-0, the Bengals of old would've laid down, and we would've been rattled," Ochocinco said. "We stuck together as a team and made some plays."

The biggest was Palmer's touchdown pass to Andre Caldwell with 14 seconds left to give the Bengals the win.

"We knew we were going to win it," Caldwell said. "New players, new staff and a new mindset around here."

And new results. The Bengals are 2-1 they would have been 3-0 if not for a fluke play against Denver in the opener and sit alone in second place behind undefeated Baltimore in the AFC North.

"Not once all week did the guys talk about the past because, truthfully, they don't even remember that," Williams said. "We went into this game with a clean slate, and we knew we could do it."

Nobody outside the Bengals' locker room would've imagined coming back like they did against the Steelers.

"It is easy to lie down," receiver Laveranues Coles said. "But this team has a lot of resiliency."

It was only Palmer's third victory in 10 tries over the Steelers since coming into the league in 2003.

"It was a great moment for our fans," Palmer said. "It was a great moment, a great play and a great game for our fans."

And it was a long time coming, especially in Cincinnati.

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts
Default Re: Bengals celebrate big victory with song

this post belongs in the bengals forum.

i seriously hope the mods shitcan this one.

fail.

(just because it finds its way into a pgh fishwrap or onto a steelers blog, doesnt mean it needs to slapped up on the SF steelers discussion page.)
Old 09-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i am not reading this garbage.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11573

It's hilarious....these assclowns are now over on our (Ravens) forum talking shit; blabbering about how they're going to take the division, yada yada yada.

At first, I was glad that Pittsburgh lost today, at least we have a little breathing room in case we lose to New England next weekend.

But now there are a slew of profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery Bungholes fans running around pretending like they have a shot at knocking one of us out of the playoff picture.

Well...whatever....let them have their fun. By my calculations, they only have 3 or 4 more chances to celebrate for the remainder of the year.
RavensD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11573

WTF? I can say shit but not profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery?
RavensD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

So what? The Bengals won. They have every right to celebrate.

The Steelers deserve to be mocked. I hope they're mocked and pissed on for the rest of the week. Oh is the media going to enjoy this.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts

*flush*
Old 09-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensD View Post
It's hilarious....these assclowns are now over on our (Ravens) forum talking shit; blabbering about how they're going to take the division, yada yada yada.

At first, I was glad that Pittsburgh lost today, at least we have a little breathing room in case we lose to New England next weekend.

But now there are a slew of profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery Bungholes fans running around pretending like they have a shot at knocking one of us out of the playoff picture.

Well...whatever....let them have their fun. By my calculations, they only have 3 or 4 more chances to celebrate for the remainder of the year.
Let em sing for now, after all how many times do they get chances to talk smack....We'll see whos singing in the end...

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #9
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

haha wen we win, we dont say anything, its expected, wen they win, its a HUGE deal
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Great we gave "HOPE" to the red headed step children of our division!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote