Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Ugh!

Luckily, the 2 Eagle fans that I work with aren't in today. That was a REAL tough one yesterday.

My 2 cents:

1. So much for my prediction of them going 14-2! Although it is STILL mathematically possible.
2. Can they please end the Limas Sweed experiment? I've seen enough of his stupidity!
3. Mike Wallace is looking pretty good at the #3 spot!
4. The Oline actually looks good. Of course, they're losing...maybe this team needs the Oline to suck? Organized chaos might be what they need?
5. Reed needs to get his head screwed on straight. Kickers can be replaced!
6. What is up with Holmes? Drops and not reading the blitz correctly?
7. Once again, they can't run the ball when they need to. I think Parker actually lost yards in the 4th quarter.
8. I think it's time to try something new on defense. It appears that teams have figured out the whole Woodley & Harrison bullrushing from the perimeter thing.
9. Troy needs a raise...with him, the defense is special...without him, it appears very ordinary.
10. What was up with kicking the FG on the first drive? I thought that set the tone for the game. Even if they didn't score, at that point the defense was still participating and they would have been backed up on their own goal line.
11. Why does this offense struggle???? 2 gazillion yards in the 1st half and 13 points? What the hell?!

Okay, feel free to rip me!
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
T&B fan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9959
Default Re: Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
Luckily, the 2 Eagle fans that I work with aren't in today. That was a REAL tough one yesterday.

My 2 cents:

1. So much for my prediction of them going 14-2! Although it is STILL mathematically possible.
2. Can they please end the Limas Sweed experiment? I've seen enough of his stupidity!
3. Mike Wallace is looking pretty good at the #3 spot!
4. The Oline actually looks good. Of course, they're losing...maybe this team needs the Oline to suck? Organized chaos might be what they need?
5. Reed needs to get his head screwed on straight. Kickers can be replaced!
6. What is up with Holmes? Drops and not reading the blitz correctly?
7. Once again, they can't run the ball when they need to. I think Parker actually lost yards in the 4th quarter.
8. I think it's time to try something new on defense. It appears that teams have figured out the whole Woodley & Harrison bullrushing from the perimeter thing.
9. Troy needs a raise...with him, the defense is special...without him, it appears very ordinary.
10. What was up with kicking the FG on the first drive? I thought that set the tone for the game. Even if they didn't score, at that point the defense was still participating and they would have been backed up on their own goal line.
11. Why does this offense struggle???? 2 gazillion yards in the 1st half and 13 points? What the hell?!

Okay, feel free to rip me!
2, 3 , 5 , yes , 8 thay are being held on most plays and its just not being called ,9 hell yes . 10 refer back to 7 we can't get 1 yd running when we need it the most, but I 'm with you should have gone for it any way .
Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
2, 3 , 5 , yes , 8 thay are being held on most plays and its just not being called ,9 hell yes . 10 refer back to 7 we can't get 1 yd running when we need it the most, but I 'm with you should have gone for it any way .
but later in the same game they let Ben QB sneak it...I dunno, I just thought it was chance to show them they're still the same ole Bungles and the Steelers can get a measley yard against them.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
but later in the same game they let Ben QB sneak it...I dunno, I just thought it was chance to show them they're still the same ole Bungles and the Steelers can get a measley yard against them.
Considering the way we were getting screwed on spots, it was a dangerous move.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

no ripping here you made great points here!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
The_WARDen
Head Coach

There was one more thing that is starting to concern me and don't get me wrong because Ben is my favorite QB in the league right now but he has to stop this TD - INT ratio.

2 years ago it was great at 32-11 but then last year it regressed to 17 - 15 and thus far it's 3 -4. He's getting worse.

I don't expect it to be a 3-1 ratio like 2008 but a 2-1 ratio would be nice.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Considering the way we were getting screwed on spots, it was a dangerous move.
That's a valid point.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
There was one more thing that is starting to concern me and don't get me wrong because Ben is my favorite QB in the league right now but he has to stop this TD - INT ratio.

2 years ago it was great at 32-11 but then last year it regressed to 17 - 15 and thus far it's 3 -4. He's getting worse.

I don't expect it to be a 3-1 ratio like 2008 but a 2-1 ratio would be nice.
Yeah, but 3 of those INTs were not his fault - one was on a hail mary pass, last week he got his arm hit and last night, Holmes ran the wrong route. He likely throws a TD pass last week instead of an INT if he doesn't get his arm hit.