Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
STEELTOWNBEATDOWN
Water Boy

Member Number: 14217
Default For All the bashers out there...

I see a lot of people bashing limas out there and thats okay, but mendenhall is the one we should really be worried about. Ever since he was drafted their have been questions in his heart and work ethic. Last year, he blew off practices, and meetings probably because he was at home playing video games. Now, all of a sudden he can't pass a test because he doesn't know the plays? Obviously they don't play him for a reason. Running back is the easiest position to transition to in the NFL, and rashard isn't even close in his second year. On the other hand, Wide receiver takes on average three years for the player to "get it". It is also considered the hardest position to transition to. Sweed bashers, give him patience because he still has time to get his focus on track. He already has the hardest part of playing receiver down, and that is getting OPEN. He just needs to work with the coaches on his fundamentals and concentration skills.If he gets it right, he is going to be the guy over wallace because he has size and speed while wallace just has speed. Overall, im labeling mendenhall a bust right now at this moment because running backs usually should playing right now. Something just isn't right with this kid. I'll be glad to hear your arguments.
STEELTOWNBEATDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,746 Times in 2,925 Posts
Default Re: For All the bashers out there...

labelling mendenhall a bust while defending sweed in the next breath makes no sense to me.

i declare neither a bust at this point.

both would be starters on a dozen teams at this point (and both would probably be flourishing).

urbick and k. lewis cant even sniff the active day roster for the steelers this year. has anyone seen ziggy hood on the field?

being drafted by the steelers is almost the kiss of death for a rookie.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
duma
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5730

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
labelling mendenhall a bust while defending sweed in the next breath makes no sense to me.

i declare neither a bust at this point.

both would be starters on a dozen teams at this point (and both would probably be flourishing).

urbick and k. lewis cant even sniff the active day roster for the steelers this year. has anyone seen ziggy hood on the field?

being drafted by the steelers is almost the kiss of death for a rookie.
I thought Ziggy got some time in Cinci. I remember them announcing his name, but I look at the stats and he isn't there.
duma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
RavensD
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11573

Way too early for the bust talk.

I can see Limas developing into a Chad Johnson kind of guy...have a huge week or two, disappear for a few weeks, repeat.
Not sure what to think of Mendenhall yet.
RavensD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
rick723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELTOWNBEATDOWN View Post
I see a lot of people bashing limas out there and thats okay, but mendenhall is the one we should really be worried about. Ever since he was drafted their have been questions in his heart and work ethic. Last year, he blew off practices, and meetings probably because he was at home playing video games. Now, all of a sudden he can't pass a test because he doesn't know the plays? Obviously they don't play him for a reason. Running back is the easiest position to transition to in the NFL, and rashard isn't even close in his second year. On the other hand, Wide receiver takes on average three years for the player to "get it". It is also considered the hardest position to transition to. Sweed bashers, give him patience because he still has time to get his focus on track. He already has the hardest part of playing receiver down, and that is getting OPEN. He just needs to work with the coaches on his fundamentals and concentration skills.If he gets it right, he is going to be the guy over wallace because he has size and speed while wallace just has speed. Overall, im labeling mendenhall a bust right now at this moment because running backs usually should playing right now. Something just isn't right with this kid. I'll be glad to hear your arguments.
mendenhall did not drop the winning TD pass and put his hands up like he did good yesterday
rick723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
STEELTOWNBEATDOWN
Water Boy

Member Number: 14217

True, thats the biggest problem with rookie is they don't get any playing time with the exception of mike wallace. The ony way they get better is by playing, and mendenhall and sweeds carrers are being wasted away. How can you throw a guy without any playing time in out of nowhere and really expect him to make a big catch? I'm a big Texas longhorn fan, and all Sweed needs is one big game like the game against ohio state he had so he can build his confidence(In other words that is the game that got his college resume rolling).
STEELTOWNBEATDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

As soon as Mendy starts falling down in the backfield before anyone even touches him, we'll be "apples to apples", and we can talk.

Until then, Mendenhall has looked 100,000X more solid than Sweed.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

This whole thread is a bust. We should make one massive thread called Troll Whiny crying fans thread because this is no different.
Why are we blaming Mendenhall, god forbid he had his first good game against da bears. Sweed your backing him up ok ive lost my mind!
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #9
ricksteelers55
Team Captain

Member Number: 3104

I might be a fool but I havent lost confidences in Sweed.I think by benching him for a period of time you might see a very different Sweed in the near future.

If any of our WR gets injured,we might be glad to see him stepping up.

As far as Mendenhall is concern I've heard all the talks about his lack of commitment to the team last year while he was injured and also his bad week of practices last week.Im not inside the organisation so I dont know the real story,but if the whole story is true then I'm all for benching the guy.

We have the luxury of being the Pittsburgh Steelers.We dont have to rush our young players in.But of course for all of us fans sometimes we want results NOW and might be tempted to call them bust after 1 year and 3 games.

Ryan Leaf or Akili Smith are busts.

not willing to say that Mendy and even Sweed are.
ricksteelers55 is offline   Reply With Quote