Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #11
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Re: Mangini flips a coin - Anderson will start

And that's why the Browns are the Browns.

Why did the Mangenius think that this would work?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Was it even this bad under Butch Davis?

Eric Mangini's nickname in Cleveland:

"Defensive assistant on some other team next year"
Nein, Davis seems Vince Lombardi like in comparison. At least he had a competitive team, a playoff apperance and a victory over Pittsburgh.

Even Crennel is looking good in comparision right about now.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
And that's why the Browns are the Browns.
Why did the Mangenius think that this would work?
See and it annoys me that is what my football team is now reduced to.

The Browns used to be awesome. They used to be a contender and one of the most elite franchises in all of sports.

But ever since they've left and came back, they've been a joke.

F-Modell. He's looking less and less deserving of an HOF induction than when he first pulled the crap he did in '95.

And yes, I'll still be bitter about him. Until my team gives me a reason to not be miserable every sunday, I'll still curse his name in vain.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The players at least LIKED Crennel. Watch Mangina on the sidelines...players avoid him like the plague.

They took a bad thing and made it much MUCH worse...
Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #15
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Even Crennel is looking good in comparision right about now.
Now that's funny!

You might like this:

Mangini: Worst coaching hire ever?

I cannot stand what Eric Mangini has done to the Browns, the team of my childhood. I cannot stand the lack of respect he has shown for the team's history, the Mickey Mouse game he plays with quarterbacks, the amazing knack he has for getting his players to not play hard for him or the stupid fines he hands out like he's Principal Vernon from "The Breakfast Club." Don't mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns.

But here's the thing: Based on the Twitter responses I've seen ... I'm actually starting to believe that I'm right. I'm actually starting to believe that Mangini really was the worst head coach hire in 25 years. The responses have mostly been to list other coaches who were worse hires than Mangini. But you know what? I don't think any of those hires WERE worse than Mangini. Remember:

1. Mangini had just been fired in New York, where he had done a terrible job. He had a losing record. His team had collapsed down the stretch, he had alienated his players, he was a pain in the neck to deal with. Point is: He'd already PROVEN how much damage he could do as a coach.

2. He came right out of the school of Bill Belichick ... and that didn't work THE FIRST TIME in Cleveland. It seems to me that Cleveland is a working-class town and Browns fans want a working-class coach -- not some pompous know-it-all who doesn't feel like he should have to explain to the commoners what he's doing.

3. What had he ever done to convince anyone he could be a head coach in the first place? Why, because he was a defensive coordinator for the Patriots under Belichick for one season? The Browns had JUST HIRED Romeo Crennel, who was ALSO defensive coordinator under Belichick. Attention Cleveland Browns owners, here's a good hint: BILL BELICHICK IS HIS OWN DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

4. Basically the first thing Mangini did -- first thing -- was have them tear down a mural of great Cleveland Browns players on the wall in the Browns offices. Now, there are differing opinions about what really happened, whose fault it really was, does it all matter, etc. You know what? The Cleveland Browns have never been to a Super Bowl. Never. Not one. But Browns fans still have a whole lot of pride. Browns fans grow up on a glorious history. If you allow something stupid like that to happen on your watch ... just a horrendous hire.

Bobby Petrino, Art Shell, Rich Kotite: all bad hires, but not worse than Eric Mangini

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0Sd8ziyNG
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

A worse crash and burn at this time is Nick Saban who is still hated in Miami. That A-hole lied to everybody saying he would not go back to college coaching, denied it several times, then I think he landed in Alabama to their cheering fans. He finished off the Dolphins which led to their 1-15 record two seasons ago. He even looks like a crook.

Mangini still has a season or two to bury the Browns and take years to recover. He will eventually be run out of town. He is arrogant and disliked among everybody including his players.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #17
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
A worse crash and burn at this time is Nick Saban who is still hated in Miami. That A-hole lied to everybody saying he would not go back to college coaching, denied it several times, then I think he landed in Alabama to their cheering fans. He finished off the Dolphins which led to their 1-15 record two seasons ago. He even looks like a crook.

Mangini still has a season or two to bury the Browns and take years to recover. He will eventually be run out of town. He is arrogant and disliked among everybody including his players.
Ironically Saban is from the same coaching tree.

He'll be gone. If this team keeps preforming like this you can take that to the bank.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #18
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
A couple weeks ago - Mangini quote, "I will stay with my QB once the decision is made".

ha

I'd say their QB decision is a yo-yo.....one QB just checks down to 2yd passes every play, the other can't wait to throw into triple coverage 45 yards downfield.
LMAO. Couldnt have said it any better man. Amen to that lol

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #19
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
See and it annoys me that is what my football team is now reduced to.

The Browns used to be awesome. They used to be a contender and one of the most elite franchises in all of sports.

But ever since they've left and came back, they've been a joke.

F-Modell. He's looking less and less deserving of an HOF induction than when he first pulled the crap he did in '95.

And yes, I'll still be bitter about him. Until my team gives me a reason to not be miserable every sunday, I'll still curse his name in vain.
If I were you, I'd be more pissed at Al Lerner. Not only did he help Modell move the team, he then bought the "new" Cleveland Browns franchise and put it on its road to mediocrity. Funny that he's treated like a saint, yet it was a purely selfish move on his part to assist Modell in relocating the Browns to Baltimore in order to put a new Browns franchise in his hands. Just as Modell was selfish in his vote against putting an expansion team in Baltimore (which had the best financing and stadium package by far amongst St. Louis, Charlotte and Jacksonville). He had no desire to let an expansion team be placed in a city he knew would support a team, when he could relocate there after expansion to Baltimore was denied. A fact that Jacksonville is amply demonstrating this year.

You hate Modell; I hate Irsay. It's understandable. At least Irsay is dead.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #20
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
they are both horrible.. but it's probably the correct decision. i don't think Quinn has ever completed a pass beyond 15 yards. he's a college QB and nothing more.
He should be earning what I call the Quinn Cap.

$0

He should be paying teams for even taking a chance on him. He was an overrated College QB, and he's the most overrated QB in the history of the NFL's Salary Cap Era.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote