Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #1
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Let Ben Loose!!!

With the running game struggling and the quality recievers we have,especially Heath Miller,why dont we try passing more to set up the run?I know its "not the Steelers way",who cares?Go with what works at that time.Last week,I like im sure many others,was sitting in a sportsbar,calling every darn play we ran."First down,run for no gain",what do you know,they run for no gain!How about a play action on first down.Hes capable of putting up Peyton Manning type numbers!I guarantee that will soften up defenses for the run!
SoCalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
Davison_K
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 5369
Default Re: Let Ben Loose!!!

I kind of agree. I think we are set in the same basic play calling and we need to switch it up. We need to start throwing the ball more on first down. I am not saying for Ben to put up Manning numbers. I am just saying that some more aggressive play calling, especially later in the game, would go a long way for the Steelers' offense.
Davison_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #3
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

i watched peyton manning last sunday nite, and his offense runs like a machine, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self hes been somethin less than that, so i hope we get our offense on track, cuz if we dont win with offense, im tempted to say we wont win cuz of defense
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #4
jasonhightower
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7798

Unfortunately I haven't been able to see the second half of the last two losses... but in the first quarter or so that I have seen Ben's been lights out... I don't know what's happening but something needs to change and I'm not sure its Ben.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,163 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
i watched peyton manning last sunday nite, and his offense runs like a machine, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self hes been somethin less than that....
Huh? He's currently leading the league in completion percentage (71.6%) and is 5th in passing yards. It doesn't help when he has receivers that drop TDs in the end zone (How many did Manning's WRs drop? Exactly.) and step out of bounds when we have a running game that has a hard time picking up yardage and finishing in the red zone. The problem isn't Ben.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:45 AM   #6
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,575 Times in 1,513 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
, lately ben hasnt exactly been his "big ben" self
Which Ben have you been a watching. Ben has been playing well hitting his recievers and making plays for us as fansince said Ben is atop the leader board.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Huh? He's currently leading the league in completion percentage (71.6%) and is 5th in passing yards. It doesn't help when he has receivers that drop TDs in the end zone (How many did Manning's WRs drop? Exactly.) and step out of bounds when we have a running game that has a hard time picking up yardage and finishing in the red zone. The problem isn't Ben.
Bingo! Ben is the one guy on this team that has actually been trying to win games.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:23 AM   #8
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

I would like to see us come out in the no-huddle and light up SD early. Ben thrives in the hurry up. They need the mindset that the game is on the line with little time to get it done. The defense needs to stop these guys in the 4th quarter but it wouldn't hurt to be up by 2 TDs. I personally think Ben calls better plays in the no-huddle than BA does in the regular set.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:47 AM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Bingo!!! that is the problem, not ben. maybe if the recievers catch those balls we wouldnt be 1-2. maybe ben and those recievers need to put in some extra time after practice if they want to win...instead of going hollywood.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,163 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
Bingo!!! that is the problem, not ben. maybe if the recievers catch those balls we wouldnt be 1-2. maybe ben and those recievers need to put in some extra time after practice if they want to win...instead of going hollywood.
He can't catch the passes for the WRs too. Maybe the WRs (yeah, YOU, Santo and Sweed) need to hit the Jugs machine after practice. And if by "going Hollywood" you mean Ben's upcoming appearance on WWE, his WRs aren't going with him, his O-linemen are.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote