Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Been Away...Anger Is Back.

This is a Violent Game, the More Violent Team Wins.

We need to get more violent each week to be able to compete and make the playoffs. Bottom line, getting into the playoffs is the goal. Once there, what will be will be.

Here is what I have noticed while I was busy these last 2 weeks with a new baby. (Steelers Nation Grows Stronger by 1)

We haven't been finishing games as a team. We lose focus to early in games when things are going good, something that never happened last year except maybe in the Titans game.

We aren't getting enough pressure on the QB with Harrison and Woodley, It seems most the pressure is with inside blitzes and Farrior coming hard up the gut. We miss McFadden on the Corner, Gay is good, but I don't think he's playing up to his fullest potential yet, so we are lacking on that end.

We Miss Troy. Bottom line, he's the best playmaker on Defense and it shows when he's not in.

Our O-Line is massive and when the Backs actually hit the holes without dancing around we make yardage, regardless of who is running the ball, if they run North and South, we get yardage.

Sweed is in the dog house, Wallace is a Diamond draft pick, awesome, Ward is great but had 2 key drops vs SD that really hurt late in the game, lack of focus late in games is killing us all around. Holmes needs more touches.

Miller is Awesome.

We Miss Troy.

Ben is Awesome.

So we lost 2 games, to teams we should have beaten, hats off to the Bears for driving on us late and hats off to the Bengals for finally beating Ben on their home field for the first time in 9 tries or whever it was.

2-2. I think most people had us at 3-1 at this point, the maniacs like myself thought 4-0, but it is what it is. We can only look forward to Detroit.

If we can start finishing games the way we start, never let up, NEVER use the prevent defense and always go for the throat regardless of how many points we are winning by, we should be right in this thing at the end of the year.

I'm not jumping off any bandwagon...crap...I lived through the 80s with this team and the 90s, from Malone to Brister to O-interceptiondonnell to Kordell. I have full confidence in the fact this team is still capable of beating ANYONE ANYDAY ANYWHERE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Old 10-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,155 Times in 580 Posts
Default Re: Been Away...Anger Is Back.

Wins are one play away from wins and losses. If Holmes catches the TD pass in Chicago, win. If Sweed catches his drop, more then likely win. 4-0 is two dropped TD passes. The key now is the Steelers end the first half of the season 6-2.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Congrats on the baby! nice post! gotta keep the faith If we can survive mark malone and the magnum PI mustache we can survive anything

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Congrats!

Not sure I buy the "backs dancing behind the line" bit though. If there were holes like this earlier in the season, the backs would have been texas two stepping right through them.

Awesome OL play paved the way here.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,183 Times in 1,939 Posts

Congrats with the new little Steeler fan.

You forgot Cliff Stoudt.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #6
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Ben is the man. Sweed will be our number two within two years because Hines will retire and Holmes will move on for the money. So don't rag on him too much. Wallace is absolutely AWESOME. Rashard showed us a flash of what he can be. We shall see if he can do it for more than one week in a row. If he can, Willie is toast.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Congratulation Dino. If this is you first you can kiss a good nights sleep goodbye for a while. If it's not your first, you can still kiss a good nights sleep goodbye for a while, but at lest you know it.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
This is a Violent Game, the More Violent Team Wins.

We need to get more violent each week to be able to compete and make the playoffs. Bottom line, getting into the playoffs is the goal. Once there, what will be will be.

Here is what I have noticed while I was busy these last 2 weeks with a new baby. (Steelers Nation Grows Stronger by 1)

We haven't been finishing games as a team. We lose focus to early in games when things are going good, something that never happened last year except maybe in the Titans game.

We aren't getting enough pressure on the QB with Harrison and Woodley, It seems most the pressure is with inside blitzes and Farrior coming hard up the gut. We miss McFadden on the Corner, Gay is good, but I don't think he's playing up to his fullest potential yet, so we are lacking on that end.

We Miss Troy. Bottom line, he's the best playmaker on Defense and it shows when he's not in.

Our O-Line is massive and when the Backs actually hit the holes without dancing around we make yardage, regardless of who is running the ball, if they run North and South, we get yardage.

Sweed is in the dog house, Wallace is a Diamond draft pick, awesome, Ward is great but had 2 key drops vs SD that really hurt late in the game, lack of focus late in games is killing us all around. Holmes needs more touches.

Miller is Awesome.

We Miss Troy.

Ben is Awesome.

So we lost 2 games, to teams we should have beaten, hats off to the Bears for driving on us late and hats off to the Bengals for finally beating Ben on their home field for the first time in 9 tries or whever it was.

2-2. I think most people had us at 3-1 at this point, the maniacs like myself thought 4-0, but it is what it is. We can only look forward to Detroit.

If we can start finishing games the way we start, never let up, NEVER use the prevent defense and always go for the throat regardless of how many points we are winning by, we should be right in this thing at the end of the year.

I'm not jumping off any bandwagon...crap...I lived through the 80s with this team and the 90s, from Malone to Brister to O-interceptiondonnell to Kordell. I have full confidence in the fact this team is still capable of beating ANYONE ANYDAY ANYWHERE!

Hey man, your foaming at the mouth!! I know what you're saying, we miss Troy!
Because his motor runs from start to finish I think that has a little to do with the lapses.I too have been a fan forever. If teams are going to resort to "GREAT PLAYS " like holding guys up to steal the ball, I say show no mercy. Run the score up. I wouldn't take a knee if we were up by 50 with 5 seconds left. Jam that damn ball down their throats.What can they do? Pass more rules to slow us down? I'm expecting any day now for them to pass a rule that only pertains to us. The if the Steelers do it it's a penalty rule but the rest of the league can get away with it. Especially if you're playing the Steelers. they can call it the "They Have To Many Trophies Rule"!!!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Congrats!

Just addressing one little thing. Teams passing attacks against the Steelers are taking about 3 seconds MAX now, then the QB dumps the ball out of bounds or scrambles...they've adapted to our blitz, and we are adjusting accordingly.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #10
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,412 Times in 1,440 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Congrats Dino I wondered where you got to but welcome back.