Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-05-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default How do you grade each area?

you can either hand out the grade or offer a short analysis to go along with it.

QB - A+: not much to say. pretty much perfect.

RB - A: mendenhall ran strong and did not hesitate. he showed very good vision. moore was clutch, as usual. i didn't really notice it, but i heard legursky gave a great block for a goal line TD. davis recovered miller's fumble to save the TD drive.

WR/TE - A-: miller had a fumble, but i think he knee was down. ward had a drop and did holmes. still a good performance by the unit. mcdonald made a good catch, but it was taken away by a holding penalty.

OL - A: opened huge holes all day. kemo was crushing everyone. sure there were a few mistakes, but overall it was a very good performance.

DL - B-: not oustanding, but above average.

LB - B: some coverage problems, but overall a good outing.

DB - B-: gates chewed up the secondary(and LBs). taylor played the best out the unit. gay was burned on a play but the WR(don't know who) dropped it, but he made a good play to break up a TD pass.

ST - C+: a fumble can never yield an "A". mundy muffed the on-side kick. reed made a clutch 46-yarder to help seal the game.

offense overall - A: arians did well. the offense was clicking all night.

defense overall - B-: IMO, lebeau needs to pick better disguised blitzes. what was harrison doing covering gates that far down field? the defense needs to play better in the 4th quarter. the steelers allowed two quick scoring drives(4 plays 67 yards and 3 plays 54 yards) in the 4th. i think i am being generous with the B-.

this is just my meaningless take on the game. i am sure most of the grades are very debatable.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #2
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: How do you grade each area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
you can either hand out the grade or offer a short analysis to go along with it.

QB - A+: not much to say. pretty much perfect.

RB - A: mendenhall ran strong and did not hesitate. he showed very good vision. moore was clutch, as usual. i didn't really notice it, but i heard legursky gave a great block for a goal line TD. davis recovered miller's fumble to save the TD drive.

WR/TE - A-: miller had a fumble, but i think he knee was down. ward had a drop and did holmes. still a good performance by the unit. mcdonald made a good catch, but it was taken away by a holding penalty.

OL - A: opened huge holes all day. kemo was crushing everyone. sure there were a few mistakes, but overall it was a very good performance.

DL - B-: not oustanding, but above average.

LB - B: some coverage problems, but overall a good outing.

DB - B-: gates chewed up the secondary(and LBs). taylor played the best out the unit. gay was burned on a play but the WR(don't know who) dropped it, but he made a good play to break up a TD pass.

ST - C+: a fumble can never yield an "A". mundy muffed the on-side kick. reed made a clutch 46-yarder to help seal the game.

offense overall - A: arians did well. the offense was clicking all night.

defense overall - B-: IMO, lebeau needs to pick better disguised blitzes. what was harrison doing covering gates that far down field? the defense needs to play better in the 4th quarter. the steelers allowed two quick scoring drives(4 plays 67 yards and 3 plays 54 yards) in the 4th. i think i am being generous with the B-.

this is just my meaningless take on the game. i am sure most of the grades are very debatable.
QB - A+: Best I have seen him play in a game.

RB - A+: I want to see this again next week.

WR/TE - A-: Again....other than the Hines drop, they were always open.

OL - A: I have felt t his group has been playing this well all year. Nice to see them get some recognition.

DL - B-: This is a consistent bunch. They occupy blockers to free up our LB'ers.

LB - C: I felt Harrison and Farrior had really nice games. Woodley is getting his game back as far as rushing....he's getting closer. I'm not seeing it yet with Timmons, but he may still be hurt.

DB - C: They had an A before the 4th QTR. They have got to play 60 minutes.

ST - C: Coverage units deserve an A on Sproles. Return Game gets a C. Onside kick coverage gets an F.

offense overall - A: Best game by this bunch in a very long time.

defense overall - C: Another 4th QTR meltdown. No, it's not their fault for the onside kick, but the ease in which the Chargers marched down the field is.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Offense:A
Defense: B
ST: D

I really dont blame Logan for the fumble when you have 5 guys on ya its kinda hard to do anything. There should have been a whistle blown to end the play before the fumble. Mundy muffed the onside kick and those 2 plays equaled out 14 for the Chargers. Without them its still an ass whoopin. We are getting better each week and I expect the next game to see more improvement.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

QB- A+

RB- A+

WR/TE- A

OL- B+

LB- B-

DL- B

DB- C+ (maybe a B-)

ST: C

Offense overall- A

Defense overall- A-
Old 10-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I'm shocked at all the A's and B's from a typically "Debbie Downer" type poster...Kudo's!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
QB - A+: Best I have seen him play in a game.

RB - A+: I want to see this again next week.

WR/TE - A-: Again....other than the Hines drop, they were always open.

OL - A: I have felt t his group has been playing this well all year. Nice to see them get some recognition.

DL - B-: This is a consistent bunch. They occupy blockers to free up our LB'ers.

LB - C: I felt Harrison and Farrior had really nice games. Woodley is getting his game back as far as rushing....he's getting closer. I'm not seeing it yet with Timmons, but he may still be hurt.

DB - C: They had an A before the 4th QTR. They have got to play 60 minutes.

ST - C: Coverage units deserve an A on Sproles. Return Game gets a C. Onside kick coverage gets an F.

offense overall - A: Best game by this bunch in a very long time.

defense overall - C: Another 4th QTR meltdown. No, it's not their fault for the onside kick, but the ease in which the Chargers marched down the field is.
ESPN actually just did a segment on the O-line and showed them opening up holes for mendy.

Now when was the last time we saw that??? Great performance by the O-line, kemo especially
Old 10-05-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

STs got outcoached by the Dolts. They need to be prepared for all situations. Easy to do just before kicking.

Reed came through and Sepulvida is the best punter in the NFL.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm shocked at all the A's and B's from a typically "Debbie Downer" type poster...Kudo's!
what? you aren't getting angry and crying about a "B". maybe now you will stop selectively reading people's posts
Old 10-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
what? you aren't getting angry and crying about a "B". maybe now you will stop selectively reading people's posts
And maybe you'll actually learn something about football by reading mine...

The grades are too high, actually, for several things, but I don't want to rain on the more sensitive and generally grouchy peoples parade. Every Steelers win results in too many A's and B's, and every Steelers loss results in too many D's and F's. It's a combination of the fickle nature if fans coupled with their general ignorance of the nuances of the game...
Old 10-06-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't want to rain on the more sensitive and generally grouchy peoples parade
only person i seeing crying on a continual basis is you. you are like a woman on her period.

Quote:
And maybe you'll actually learn something about football by reading mine
most, if not all, of your posts offer nothing but lemming-like comments and self-absorbed nonsense. we all know your MO. it's never question anything and the coaches are ALWAYS right.