Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Your thoughts on Ziggy Hood

anyone else feel he should be brought in more? perhaps mostly on obvious passing downs? the DL is old. i would think subbing them with fresh legs will help in the long run. they need some young, active legs out there once in awhile. so far this season i really don't see anyone on the DL collapsing the pocket with any regularity.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,164 Posts
Default Re: Your thoughts on Ziggy Hood

i thought with all the pre season hype coming from the staff and players he would actually see significant playing time this year. then seeing him in preseason running mostly with the scrubs in the 4th quarters kinda had me scratching my head about all the positive things said.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723

D-Line is playing better then ever. That's probably why he isn't playing much. Aaron Smith is as consistent as ever. Keisel has been awesome, best year so far through 4 games and Big Snack is on a contract year and he is spending a lot of time in the backfield with his stallworth occupation down in the line of scrimmage.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
anyone else feel he should be brought in more? perhaps mostly on obvious passing downs? the DL is old. i would think subbing them with fresh legs will help in the long run. they need some young, active legs out there once in awhile. so far this season i really don't see anyone on the DL collapsing the pocket with any regularity.
I agree. What up with that? The last 2 games we could have used him in there,especially when we had Harrison out in the flat covering Gates. Spell Keisel a little bit.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Defensive Rookies hardly ever play with the Steelers. It's been that way for years with the Steelers. I think the last defensive starters as rookies that I remember were Kendrell Bell and Casey Hampton and Maybe BMAC.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
D-Line is playing better then ever. That's probably why he isn't playing much. Aaron Smith is as consistent as ever. Keisel has been awesome, best year so far through 4 games and Big Snack is on a contract year and he is spending a lot of time in the backfield with his stallworth occupation down in the line of scrimmage.
I totaly agree.......Keisel looks more lively than ever and hustling on every down.......How could you pull Aaron smith out......He is the best 3-4 tackle in the league.....Casey is hustling more this season too.........

If every team played a 3-4, Aaron Smith would be a pro bowler every season........Ziggy is gonna have to wait in line and work on his body and his game in the mean time......His time will arrive.........
Old 10-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I agree..get those young legs in there. Our play late in all of our games should tell the coaches something. Our 30 something Dline worries me.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #8
tmacsteelerfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13572

It's always been like that with the Steelers rookies barely ever start. Look at Lamar, and Timmons it took a season for both of them to see much time.
tmacsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

hood should be rotating like timmons did last year and woodley did his rookie year
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

He's just not the best option I would guess.

Consider how much we play without Hampton, he doesn't need to be spelled, so it looks like Hoke and Kirschke are spelling the ends.

They must think he's doing ok to ditch Eason for the game.