Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,924
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 2,103
Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,371 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Legacy? More like Puss* penalties. As in don't hurt my puss#.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #12
Indo
Head Coach
 
Indo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nowhere Alabama
Posts: 1,744
Gender: Male
Member Number: 11222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Legacy? More like Puss* penalties. As in don't hurt my puss#.
Or as in his future HoF Induction for the complete and utter Pussification of the sport.

"Yes, Al, the game was much harder hitting. They ACTUALLY used to wear pads and helmets before the NFL was completely Bradied. There is a whole room in the Hall's Archive section where actual helmets and shoulder pads are kept."
__________________
... I firmly believe that any man's finest hour...is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
Indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Is that a fact?

I can agree that refs make bad calls, favor Brady more that other quarterbacks, institute rules to benefit quarterbacks like Brady, and are payed by Roger Goodell exorbitant sums of money to fix games so the Patriots can win and thus minimalize the effects of Spygate, but when you say something like that...
In fact, I think it is. You are absolutely blinded by your adoration of your team and have lost all perspective. Allow me an indulgence here...

If we examine NON-2007 years, it would appear that Tom Brady is a QB capable of delivering (and this is just an off-the-top of my head figure based on glancing at his career stats, but the averages CAN'T be far off) a QB capable of roughly the following:

About an 87QBR
About 3700 yards of passing a year (again, more of a product of their system than any astounding talent)
About 28 TD's
About 14 INT's
About a 61% completion percentage


We only have one REAL year for Cassel, but let's just examine trends. It would appear that Cassel is a QB capable of roughly the following:

A QBR of about 87
About 3700 yards of passing
About 28 TD's
About 14 INT's
About a 62% completion percentage


If Cassel was able to enjoy all the, um....advantages of a career in NE, I'd say his numbers would trend upwards which would show him to be the statistically superior QB to Brady.

I encourage anyone and everyone to pull up nfl.com's website and examine these rough estimates for themselves.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Gaist
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 94
Member Number: 14931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
In fact, I think it is. You are absolutely blinded by your adoration of your team and have lost all perspective. Allow me an indulgence here...
Delusional, table for one. More like you're blinded by your hatred. How convenient that you rule out 2007, Brady's only year with two superstar receivers and broke the records, and yet you count Cassel's only year WITH those two receievers, and the whole exact same offense overall, and yet he managed to throw 30 LESS touchdowns.
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #15
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaist View Post
Delusional, table for one. More like you're blinded by your hatred. How convenient that you rule out 2007, Brady's only year with two superstar receivers and broke the records, and yet you count Cassel's only year WITH those two receievers, and the whole exact same offense overall, and yet he managed to throw 30 LESS touchdowns.
Look another knob slobbin attempting to back up his panty waist QB to hopefully get us to think that he's actually some sort of football player! You arse chins can keep your metrosexual QB and his tainted rings.

If you can't see that his whining and crying on the field is a detriment to the foundation of the game, then you obviously lack the historical knowledge base to understand how this game is meant to be played.

HERE'S A HINT: It isn't by crying for a penalty flag every time someone touches you or your passes fall incomplete (or better yet get intercepted).
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #16
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaist View Post
Delusional, table for one. More like you're blinded by your hatred. How convenient that you rule out 2007, Brady's only year with two superstar receivers and broke the records, and yet you count Cassel's only year WITH those two receievers, and the whole exact same offense overall, and yet he managed to throw 30 LESS touchdowns.
Cassel's first real year...I also threw out Brady's first year because his stats were very average.

I throw out 2007 because it's clearly the year when the MOST benefits of spygate were felt . 18 straight wins is undeniable clear proof for anyone actually employing critical thinking that something was rotten in Foxboro. Somehow, you are trying to use the FACT that a QB who's really only slightly above average can have a record shattering year, all within months of the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the league, as proof that there is no connection between the two.

It's Occams Razor...the simplest solution as almost always the correct one.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #17
Gaist
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 94
Member Number: 14931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I throw out 2007 because it's clearly the year when the MOST benefits of spygate were felt . 18 straight wins is undeniable clear proof for anyone actually employing critical thinking that something was rotten in Foxboro. Somehow, you are trying to use the FACT that a QB who's really only slightly above average can have a record shattering year, all within months of the biggest cheating scandal in the history of the league, as proof that there is no connection between the two.
Well, let's see. If I'm an opposing team, and a team I was facing had been caught stealing signals, I would CHANGE MY SIGNALS for the upcoming game with them. Let's say they still were taping after they got caught (they weren't anyways), changing your signals prevents the advantage.

I'll tell you why they broke so many records. Moss and Welker.
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaist View Post
Well, let's see. If I'm an opposing team, and a team I was facing had been caught stealing signals, I would CHANGE MY SIGNALS for the upcoming game with them. Let's say they still were taping after they got caught (they weren't anyways), changing your signals prevents the advantage.

I'll tell you why they broke so many records. Moss and Welker.
Obviously you missed the conversation with DCs around the league talking about how they don't change up their signals year to year because it then makes it difficult, almost like learning a new system all over again (or something to that affect).

But hey why should we let a little thing like integrity, honesty, and fair play get in the way of 31 other DCs changing their signals so that the untouchable patriots* can have their way with the league rules and only use them when it benefits them.

Wow it must be nice living in never-never land!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:24 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaist View Post
Well, let's see. If I'm an opposing team, and a team I was facing had been caught stealing signals, I would CHANGE MY SIGNALS for the upcoming game with them. Let's say they still were taping after they got caught (they weren't anyways), changing your signals prevents the advantage.

I'll tell you why they broke so many records. Moss and Welker.

Please stop with the "signal stealing is all they did" argument. They did that for YEARS, and it's naive to think that was the extent of their malfeasance. I suspect that was actually probably the LEAST of the offenses, and we'll never know exactly how bad it was because the NFL simply cannot acknowledge cheating of that magnitude. Titles were won and lost, every team in the NFL was affected...there's simply no way to adequately address it either than to acknowledge the least of the offenses, burn the tapes and move on.

Also, it's VERY easy to refute your simplistic argument about Moss and Welker being the catalyst to Brady's success in 2007. Were they not on the team last year? Are they not on the team THIS year?

I have no problem debating with you, but you've to step up your game a bit. The equivalent of repeatedly saying "nuh-uh" isn't going to cut it...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #20
Gaist
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 94
Member Number: 14931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

Quote:
Please stop with the "signal stealing is all they did" argument. They did that for YEARS, and it's naive to think that was the extent of their malfeasance
Well, let's see some proof of other things they've done. You can't just say "oh, they also stole playbooks." Who's playbooks did they steal? Were they punished for it? Why or why not?

Quote:
Also, it's VERY easy to refute your simplistic argument about Moss and Welker being the catalyst to Brady's success in 2007. Were they not on the team last year? Are they not on the team THIS year?
What were Brady's stats for 2008? Since you seem to enjoy posting stats, could you post Brady's for 2008?
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts