Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #21
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Is Brady getting LEGACY penalties?

I have Cassel's stats...which are almost identical to most years for Brady. Since they are about equal in skill (as the stats bear out), this once again leads back inevitably to the ONE thing surrounding 2006-07 that is so very different from any other year by any other team: The greatest cheating scandal in the history of the league.

Wait, let me guess what you'll say...."nuh-uh!"

This is boring and I'm done. The evidence that we know of is overwhelming. We have an above average QB with a mediocre coach and a few impact players doing things no team in history had ever done before AND they were caught cheating, but the two are in no way connected, and that's your story and you're sticking to it.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Gaist
Banned

Member Number: 14931

I didn't ask for Cassel's, I asked for Brady's from 2008.
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #23
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

It is like he is Lloyd Braun from Seinfeld and the referees have to pretend he isn't crazy.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaist View Post
See: Matt Cassel. Same difference...he put up the same numbers Brady would have...about 28 TD's, about 14 INT's, about an 87 QBR, etc, etc...the farther removed from the benefits of Spygate the Pats get, the more "Brady" Brady will get (Agaian, see above stats), and the more Belichick will revert back to the 41-55 kind of guy he really is. When they ultimately level out as a perennial 10-6 team, they'll lose their mystique and the commensurate ability to attract top-notch but troubled headcases who can only be fixed by winning.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #25
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
See: Matt Cassel. Same difference...he put up the same numbers Brady would have...about 28 TD's, about 14 INT's, about an 87 QBR, etc, etc...the farther removed from the benefits of Spygate the Pats get, the more "Brady" Brady will get (Agaian, see above stats), and the more Belichick will revert back to the 41-55 kind of guy he really is. When they ultimately level out as a perennial 10-6 team, they'll lose their mystique and the commensurate ability to attract top-notch but troubled headcases who can only be fixed by winning.
21 touchdowns is 'about' 28 touchdowns?

Well, then Brady won about 4 super bowls.
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #26
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Well, let's see some proof of other things they've done. You can't just say "oh, they also stole playbooks." Who's playbooks did they steal? Were they punished for it? Why or why not?
They cheated and got caught. Any credibility to assume they didn't go further is gone so don't even go there with the "show me the proof crap." There's no question in any of our minds (league wide) that there were probably a ton more angles played by Belicheat and Co.

Quote:
Who the F^&* are you??? Go get it your damn self! WTF?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #27
NJarhead
Supporter

I'm telling ya, the day is coming when some team will just hire a one year thug off the street for a nice little one year salary and instruct him to just "sweep the leg." ....No more Tom Brady.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:53 PM   #28
Gaist
Banned

Member Number: 14931

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I'm telling ya, the day is coming when some team will just hire a one year thug off the street for a nice little one year salary and instruct him to just "sweep the leg." ....No more Tom Brady.
Suggs already tried it.

Quote:
Any credibility to assume they didn't go further is gone so don't even go there with the "show me the proof crap."
It's nothing unless you provide proof. You can say whatever you want about anybody, but you better have some facts to back it up if you want to be taken seriously. Show me where the Patriots were punished for stealing playbooks.
Gaist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #29
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
Suggs already tried it.
No. and if you think that he wanted to hit Brady but missed you are as blind as you are ignorant.

Quote:
It's nothing unless you provide proof. You can say whatever you want about anybody, but you better have some facts to back it up if you want to be taken seriously. Show me where the Patriots were punished for stealing playbooks.
As I said, credibility is something that is even considered in the court of law. Your coach has none of it left. There was speculation about it and once he was found to have been guilty of one, it's a pretty safe bet that he's guilty of more. "Where there's smoke there's fire" as they say.

Can he be punished? Of course not. Not anymore than the slap on the wrist that he got. But what he's left you is a legacy of doubt amongst your peers as fans..., as well as the mighty "*"
Anyway, you guys think you have the ground to stand on in an argument on a forum and demand facts? Don't think so. In this court, a cheating history is all the proof we need. We are not naive enough to think that he was only guilty of what he was "caught" doing.

Your only a first time offender once. Whether you get caught or not.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It has become apparent that Brady is getting some inconsistent calls going his way.

Last night I was watching Showtime's 'Inside the NFL' and they showed the brush to the side of the helmet and the pass on the knee. Then they showed the late hit on Flacco (hit well after the ball was thrown) - but no flag. Then as I watched the highlights to the Steelers game, there was a play where Ben got 'brushed' against his helmet ala what happened to marsha - but no flag. And I've figured out why, marsha has been taking acting lessons and Flacco and Roethlisberger are real QBs who understand the mentality of the game.

SO maybe if Ben and Joe start flailing around like a fish out of water they might start getting some of those calls. But then again I'd rather have a real QB under center than some "pusshe"

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote