Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
OneForTheToe
Living Legend

Member Number: 2408
Default Re: Bengals-No Longer A Patsy

Cincy is better -especially on D - but I remember how the Browns became the media's darling back in 07........ where are they now?
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,743 Times in 3,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
They've now beaten every other team in the AFC North including your beloved Steelers...at what point will it be enough to legitimize them for you?
do you really expect the steelers to hand over one of their 6 rings to the bungles just for beating the ravens?

they are gonna have to do a hell of alot more than that, to legitimize themselves.

until that happens... they aint shit.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
They've now beaten every other team in the AFC North including your beloved Steelers...at what point will it be enough to legitimize them for you?
CS85: "Crown us! We lead the division after five weeks! And we beat everyone in the AFC North even though we play all of them again!"

The Bengals are legitimate when they ACTUALLY win something of relevance. As it stands, nothing is given. It's only Week 5. Who knows? Cinci could tank the rest of the season and not even make the playoffs. It's happened before to teams who sucked but caught lightning early in the next season.

I'll give the Bengals credit, you don't win games by accident. But don't think for a second anyone is going to concede anything to you just because of a 4-1 start. All it takes is a few losses for the air to fall out of your black and orange sails and your bandwagon bunch in Cinci will be back to cursing Marv again.

So I advise you enjoy your fast start. Still a long season ahead of us.

Last edited by Edman; 10-11-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
7 Lombardi trophys

I saw a guy in Walmart tonight with a blazing white, only worn for a week, 2005 AFC North Division Champs hat on.

Now who was it that won the Superbowl that year.......???

It's not over, Bungles fans.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
winning a game that actually means something would be a start. ...cowboys have one a bunch of games in sep,oct,nov.....what have they got to show for it ? come back when they win a playoff game and then we'll talk about how legit they are...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Simple. Win the DIVISION at the END of the year... and then not lose the first playoff game... ESPECIALLY to another AFCN team.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Winning a game that matters would be a good start.

11 games left. Nothing has been decided.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #18
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Frankly, who gives a rat's ass what the Bengals haven't won (or what the Steelers and Ravens have won) in the past. This is 2009, not 2008, or 2006 or 2000.

As of now Cincy is 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record. People should stop looking at them like they will fade, because right now they could be 5-0 if not for one fluke play. And they are hanging tough and winning at the end, which is the sign of a tough team.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,764 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
Frankly, who gives a rat's ass what the Bengals haven't won (or what the Steelers and Ravens have won) in the past. This is 2009, not 2008, or 2006 or 2000.

As of now Cincy is 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record. People should stop looking at them like they will fade, because right now they could be 5-0 if not for one fluke play. And they are hanging tough and winning at the end, which is the sign of a tough team.
and they could JUST as easily be 1-4 if it not for fluke plays. have you even watched any of thier games besides this week ? they aren't winning because they're bringing thier A game...they are winning because teams are playing down to thier level
didn't the redskins start out 6-1 last year ? if you wanna crown there asses...go ahead...they are who WE think they are !!! not who you think they are...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #20
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
They're 4-1 with a 3-0 AFCN record with quite a few months left to play. I'll see the Bengals as legitimate if they continue their little run into November and December, and actually accomplish something. If you want to play the If game, fine. As I said before, if Lima Bean Sweed holds onto that ball in the endzone, this isn't even a subject right now.

Remember when the media was crowning the Ravens after beating San Diego? Well, things aren't so rosy now is it?

I cried 2006 repeat when I seen the Steelers literally bungle the game away in Cincy. Well, turns out things aren't so bad.

But in the immortal words of Dennis Green: "If you wanna crown 'em then Crown their ass!"
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote