Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #21
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027
Default Re: here we go bengals here we go

We obviously shouldn't be conceding anything to anyone yet. But Cincy winning the division is not THAT inconceivable. They did win it in '05.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

Any time the Ratbirds lose it makes me happy. I absolutely HATE Ray Lewis and I like to see him crying after games about the officiating. The Bungles will falter in the second half of the season. They are winning with smoke and mirrors right now. BTW, The Patsies lost today. All is right with the world. Except Denver being undefeated. But they will self destruct sooner or later with Orton at QB. Patriots have no defense.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #23
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
At least you guys don't have to live with all the Bengals fans pulling out their sparkling clean and white 2005 Division Camps hats. They only got to wear them for week before........
its awesome living with Bengals fans, if they break out the 05 champ crap I just break out my Superbowl XL stuff.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #24
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Bengals could be 5-0 right now if not for the miracle 87 yard play with 14 seconds left by Denver in week 1. I think the Bengals could be there in the end. 11-5 will win this division I believe. And I don't see us with more than 2-3 more losses.
Our game against the Bengals in November is looking alot like a must win though.
they could just as easily be 0-5, trailing late in the 4th Q in all but one game
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #25
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
We obviously shouldn't be conceding anything to anyone yet. But Cincy winning the division is not THAT inconceivable. They did win it in '05.
And we won the Superbowl.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #26
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BozMan View Post
So? What did they get out of it honestly? A first round spanking at the hands of us.

This 4-1 start doesn't prove anything yet, and championships aren't decided in Week 5.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelManiac55 View Post
Haha, what? While I agree that it would've been better for the Bengals to lose, they hardly 'should' win the division at this point. They are 4-1. The Steelers and Ravens are 3-2. We're five games into the season. You'd have to be an idiot to proclaim that the Bengals 'should' win the division at this point. It would hardly take a meltdown for them to not only fail to win the division but even to make the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
the bengals wont win the division, theyll get full of themselves and screw it up, i mean cmon its the bungling bungles were talkin about here
Quote:
Originally Posted by solardave View Post
What are you smokin? 5th game and they've been lucky with the exception of a good game today. They have 11 more games just like us. They will blow at least 5 of them.
Yeah,10-6 that's the ticket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
have you seen them play at all? they keep winning on last minute heroics, there's no way they can keep that up all season long.

The Ravens and Steelers are still much bigger threats IMO, however if anything I just lost a lot of fear of the Ravens and their supposedly super duper improved offense, so all in all I'm incredibly encouraged by the situation, I think we're clearly the best team in the division at the moment. Can't wait to get Troy back though.
I agree with all of you LOL bengals winning the division after 5 games? lol they may be 3-0 in the divison but the Steelers will beat them the next time ravens could beat them and hell they almost tied the browns so the brownies might beat them too.....no way they win the division nothing they have done has given me any reason to think so
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 PM   #28
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

When we beat them at the next matchup it really won't matter. Our biggest hurdle coming will be the Vikings, which if we have a healthy Troy for, we can certainly win.

Bungles have the Texans and the Bears to fight against in the next two weeks, and really, would that many in the league be suprised if they lost?
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 PM   #29
BigBenFn7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13980

I'm actually happy for the Bengals winning because of their Defensive Coordiantor's wife's death. I know it was important and meaningful for him and after going through something like that, he certainly deserved it.
BigBenFn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #30
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenFn7 View Post
I'm actually happy for the Bengals winning because of their Defensive Coordiantor's wife's death. I know it was important and meaningful for him and after going through something like that, he certainly deserved it.
I felt the same way. Although, I don't think I could even think about coaching if something like that happened to my wife. I admire Zimmer's inner strength to be able to do that.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote