Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
SteelStang
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11792
Default 2nd Half Offense

Did anyone else find that game yesterday to be one of the least inspiring efforts in recent memory by the Steelers? As a fan, I certainly could feel the intensity was lacking. Anyway....

Arians admitted in post-game comments yesterday that he got 'greedy' with 2nd half play-calling. That's all fine and good, but you can't do that in this league. Why on Earth would he stop running the ball in the 3rd with a 15 point lead??? I've always contended that BA is his own worst enemy at times, but his constant want of the big play yesterday could have really cost us.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628
Default Re: 2nd Half Offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelStang View Post
Did anyone else find that game yesterday to be one of the least inspiring efforts in recent memory by the Steelers? As a fan, I certainly could feel the intensity was lacking. Anyway....

Arians admitted in post-game comments yesterday that he got 'greedy' with 2nd half play-calling. That's all fine and good, but you can't do that in this league. Why on Earth would he stop running the ball in the 3rd with a 15 point lead??? I've always contended that BA is his own worst enemy at times, but his constant want of the big play yesterday could have really cost us.
The offense did it's job yesterday. They put up 28 points which should be enough to win and it was.

Whine about something else today.

After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
SteelStang
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11792

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
The offense did it's job yesterday. They put up 28 points which should be enough to win and it was.

Whine about something else today.

The offense did it's job? C'mon! I don't care how many points you put up if you can't possess the ball in the 2nd half against the worst D in the league.

When we actually put together 4 quarters of Steelers Football then I'll stop whining.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

Instead of "greedy" more like "cute" play calling. The halfback option was intelligent, but getting away from the AFC player of the week last week was nonsense.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Spidey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2758

Arians, still making mistakes, still learning, still apreciating he made errors . . .

there's only one way to end it!
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
arge5809
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13245

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
Instead of "greedy" more like "cute" play calling. The halfback option was intelligent, but getting away from the AFC player of the week last week was nonsense.
AMEN!! Give the ball to ..... MENDENHALL!!!!!!

arge5809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
Steeldude
Living Legend

Quote:
...if you can't possess the ball in the 2nd half against the worst D in the league
good point. i agree.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I've already commented on this once, and I'll only do it one more time, but you guys have GOT to stop.

When we ran the ball in other recent games in the 4th quarter, Arians was blamed for not "putting the other team away".

So, with a lead this week, he does exactly AS YOU REQUESTED and kept passing the ball, ostensibly to keep pouring the points on, and you don't like THAT call either? Now he was supposed to do what you just HATED in the last few weeks and grind clock and protect the lead?

Really....I mean REALLY, you guys have just got to stop this vacillating...make up your mind why you hate Arians and stick with it but stop trying to have it both ways with this ridiculous 20/20 hindsight and your Monday morning armchair QBing...
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by arge5809 View Post
AMEN!! Give the ball to ..... MENDENHALL!!!!!!

Yeah,let's see what the kids made of. That sounds like a good chant. "GIVE DA BALL TO MENDENHAL!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,061 Times in 448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelStang View Post

It amazes me how Arians can still get dogged when the D has played horrendously in the second half.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote