Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
• Intelligent and friendly discussions.
• It's free and it's quick. Always.
• Enter events in the forums calendar.
• Very user friendly software.
• Exclusive contests and giveaways.
Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
|Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact||Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.|
|10-12-2009, 10:54 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2006
Member Number: 2354
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 5 @ Lions
1. Limas Sweed. Not much else to say on this topic.
2. Lions decline penalty on 4th and 5 when they kicked their first field goal. You never take points off the board. Especially when you are the Lions. But you’ll notice that Fouts just beat this to death for the rest of the game.
3. When the Steelers drafted Santonio I admit to being a little perplexed as to what they were thinking but in retrospect that was a key acquisition. The thing I don’t understand is how you can have guys like Ward and Holmes playing with Sweed and none of that appears to rub off on him. It’s like Sweed has Talent-Teflon™.
4. “Where the Wild Things Are” movie. Well it’s about freaking time! They win one internets.
5. The Lions are walking through the Steelers’ D …. This is new. The mighty Lions are the first team this year to look competent against the Steelers in the first half. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
6. The pink ribbon on Ed Hochuli’s hat sort of looks like an old Houston Oiler’s derrick.
7. Ok, aided by an intentional grounding call against Culpepper the Steelers D finally backed the Lions up. The Lions are forced to settle for a field goal. The Steelers commit a penalty on the field goal. It won’t be the last time. And they allowed a couple of decent run backs. The Steelers Special Teams are weak.
8. They kept showing Injured Willie Parker on the sidelines and I noticed he had his hat profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltered at a jaunty angle. What is it with young men and this idiotic notion that failing to wear clothes properly makes them look cool. Douchebags have been profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering their hats at a jaunty angle since the 1800’s for pity’s sake.
9. Lousy endorsements #1: “He was better than Limas Sweed”.
10. Mendy’s second TD called back on a hold. Ben goes to Heath on the next play and Heaath drives it into the endzone (he appeared to have his knee down at the 1 foot line but the refs didn’t see it that way … you could hear “HEEEEATH” in the background. Ben was going to Heath all day. In fact it seems that this might be a new strategy the Steelers are working on. At one point he had three passes in a row.
11. Santonio Holmes is a first down machine.
12. Wallace drops an easy one and kicks the ball. I’m sure Tomlin will set him straight on that. To be fair he did atone for it later with that long TD. He made a good adjustment on a (deliberately) underthrown ball.
13. It seemed like there was a rash of injured players in this game.
14. Apparently the Lions have only three receivers since Calvin Johnson went down. We’ll be happy to give them Limas Sweed.
15. That lethargic Steelers drive at the end the half almost turned disastrous after Ben’s pass was deflected. Fortunately Miller grabbed it out of the air.
16. Good to see Harrison show up for this game. He earned his hat trick early in the 2nd half.
17. Limas Sweed is in the game again! Is anyone covering him? Why would the Lions do something stupid like that?
18. This Steeler’s D does not stop anyone. They rely on their opponents making mistakes or stupidly committing to the run against them.
19. Coming back from a commercial break they were showing crowd shots and running through the list of sponsors for the game. The end result is seeing waving arms from behind a nice big Viagara logo. At first I thought that would irritate me if I was a fan trying to get on TV but then again … would you really want to be identified as a Lion fan?
20. Ryan Clark picks Culpepper on a busted play in which Culpepper appeared to be trying to throw it away. Dumb play by Culpepper and fortunate for the Steelers because they were not stopping him.
21. At one point the Lions had 5 possessions in St territory … 2 FGs, 1 missed FG, 1 punt and 1 int.
22. Lions miscues – INT given up for penalty, missed field goal, Culpepper’s sloppy INT.
23. The turning point of the game was Ben’s response to his pick 6. Drive (quick) for a TD.
24. Timmons lousy pass rush guarantees the Lions convert a 3rd and 5 with 6:30 to go in the game. Did you see him rush up to Culpepper and start dancing around and flailing his arms rather than just tackling him?
25. Defense chokes up a TD with 4:57 left to play. No pressure on Culpepper. And of course the Steelers cannot get off the $@%#$^ field in the 4th.
26. Sack by Woodley; sack by Gay; sack by Timmons 4th and 34 … But this is exactly what I was talking about: Culpepper wasn’t taking what the Steelers were giving him. All of a sudden he wanted it all in one play. The Steelers D doesn’t stop anyone, they stop themselves.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|