Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142
Default A letter to the Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Dear Cleveland Browns,

We are writing to you to express our concerns and frustration.

There was a time when Steelers-Browns week was circled on everyoneís calendar. Beating the Browns meant more than any other victory (except the Super Bowl, of course). It was kind of like Michigan beating Ohio State, or USC beating UCLA. There were bragging rights involved.

But now, that is no longer the case. The Steelers have beaten the Browns so many consecutive times that everyone here in Pittsburgh has lost count. How many times has it been? 11? 15? 30? 50? I canít even remember how many times weíve beaten you, but I know it is too many.

Once upon a time, Steelers versus Browns was an epic battle on the scale of the Sharks versus the Jets. Nowadays, it is more analogous to sharks versus seals. And the Browns are the seals. They are little more than snacks for the hungry Steelers.

Iím going to let you in on a little secret. We really WANT you to beat us. No, Iím not joking. Itís true.

In the overall history of the series between the Steelers and the Browns, the Steelers lead 59-55. Thatís pretty close. You have beaten us almost as many times as we have beaten you. That is what made the series great. Each time we played, the game was important. We knew that any time we stepped onto the field with the Browns, we could leave the game with a loss.

Even in the 70ís when we were the most dominant team of the decade, the Browns were an opponent that we could never take lightly. Fans in Pittsburgh may have hated the Browns, but we always had to respect them.

That is why we are concerned about the current state of the Browns. You are not upholding your end of the deal. We want you to be better. We really do.

Sure, it was fun beating you the first 5 times in a row. But after 11 straight wins, itís getting rather monotonous.

We want you to beat us. And while youíre at it, beat the Ravens and the Bengals a few times. You see, if you were able to do that, it would be good for everyone.

The Cincinnati Bengals seem to have shed their losing ways, and currently sit atop the AFC North. The Steelers and Ravens are always competitive. It is only the Browns that are holding the AFC North back. If the Browns were better, the AFC North would undoubtedly be the most competitive division in the NFL. Iím sick of hearing NFL analysts brag about how tough the NFC East is. I want the AFC North to be king. And you are preventing that from happening.

The sad part is that you have the best fans in the NFL outside of Western Pennsylvania. You have no idea how much I hate verbalizing that, but itís true. The fans in Cleveland are tremendous. They deserve better than what you are giving them.

That is why we make this collective plea. Please beat us. We want you to beat us. No, we NEED you to beat us. Just donít do it this week. We still have ground that we need to make up on the Cincinnati Bengals.

Sincerely,
Pittsburgh
Linkto story
Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235
Default Re: A letter to the Cleveland Browns

It used to be the greatest sports rivalry, it's quite a shame, Clevelanders have given up on the possibility of a succsessful Browns season, while the Steelers expect greatness annually.

8-8= awful season for PIT
8-8= great season for CLE
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Jmat
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14746

I spend a lot of time up at Pymatuning Lake in Andover Ohio. I just came down to Pittsburgh today.
Up at Pymatuning you used to see a good mix of both Steelers and Browns fans. The last two seasons there are way fewer Browns fans or at least people that will admit to being Browns fans and showing it.

The Steelers Nation has taken over up at Pymatuning. You see plenty of people wearing their Steeler shirts and hats and Steeler signs and flags on their homes.

The Browns have ruined their fan base.
Jmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

If the Browns were to beat us this week (by luck).....Everyone on here would be screaming, whats wrong with the Steelers. Cant even beat the clowns. I cant see all the threads posted now!. I for one aint settling for a loss to anyone!!!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372

Yeah I really don't want the Browns to win regardless if it would make it a better rivalry
Old 10-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Ohio Steeler
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2142

this letter is in a way very true, the old days this game was it, however since the old browns team went to bmore there has been no rival between us and them. I do look forward to the days when this game does mean something again myself. Living in Ohio it really is no fun because all browns fans are well hiding. I like the old days the days when this game was well a game and not just another sunday.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #7
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

This kind of thread breeds ..................a note on the wall...........

and an upset in the making

never punch a sleeping dog in the face
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Why would anyone write something so stupid?

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #9
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

It really should be Browns V. Steelers every year for the AFC North title, with an occasional upset or two by the Cincy Bengals to make things interesting.

You have to admit that this rivalry has produced some classic moments, from Turkey Joe Jones and Jack Lambert slamming QB's into the turf in '76 to the '93 Eric Metcalf game to the Josh Cribbs 100 yard return game in 2007.

One day it'll be back. Probably not this year, but maybe soon. The NFL needs this.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Screw the Clowns. I don't care if they ever win again. Why would anyone write this kind of drivel? With the current ownership they have become an embarrasment. They never should have gotten an expansion team to begin with. And yes, they are an expansion team whether Cleveland fans admit it or not. They say there are 5 or 6 teams in the running to move to LA. I am assuming they are one of them.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote