Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-11-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default What is it w/ us and home field in the playoffs?

We've had home field advantage in the playoffs so often and we seem to blow it at the wrong time. Now you can contribute that to, well, Kordell was choker, or we were just over confident or whatever. And last year, I think Ben was just at the end of his rope in the championship game. The turnovers just killed us, as did the bad decisions and breakdowns at other positions on both sides of the ball . but the learning experience was valuable to say the least.

Still though, there are some that would say, just gimme a first round bye and a home playoff game, and lets risk going on the road in the AFC champ. game. I still say thats crap. If u can play infront of ur home town,u always want that advantage.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
HinesWard4Life8682
Starter

Member Number: 323
Default Re: What is it w/ us and home field in the playoffs?

yeah... like Hines Ward said

"It's the worst feeling to see them celebrating on our field."

They blew home feild advantage twice against the pats
HinesWard4Life8682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Hines ward also said that he would almost rather play on the road. He feels the team is more focused and has a better sense of unity when they stay together in hotels and that. Still we like going to the games and watching them win. I say get home field advantage and stay at the Sheraton downtown, stay together all weekend if you want, take the gateway clipper to the game together, just win the damn game.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

No way. Play at home. Besides the fact that it is a statistical advantage(I think it was like 60-70% of home teams won this year), look at Cowher's record on the road in the playoffs. Anyone see any wins?
Old 03-12-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

we were just egttign back what we gave the Raiders hehe.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:15 AM   #6
Steelersfan

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
No way. Play at home. Besides the fact that it is a statistical advantage(I think it was like 60-70% of home teams won this year), look at Cowher's record on the road in the playoffs. Anyone see any wins?
On the other hand "how many wins he got at home in the AFC championship?" That would be a big 1. The only common piece here is the coach. I'm telling ya, I like Cowher but I think he his stubborn and doesn't like to change things up. You have to do that to win in the playoffs! He plays not to lose games when he should be playing to win them. The FG at the start of the 4th quarter is a case in point. You are down by 14 so what does a FG do? Not a thing but show the Pats we aren't willing to take the chance to win.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:18 AM   #7
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Fan that whole game he did risky calls and we screwed them up so u cant say he wasnt playign to win.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:23 AM   #8
Steelersfan

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
Fan that whole game he did risky calls and we screwed them up so u cant say he wasnt playign to win.
Could you tell me what plays we called that were risky and we screwed up? The Bettis fumble? That didn't even matter as it was 4th down and we didn't get it. I can't think of another that would be rated as risky. The FG did nothing for the team. What would he have to lose? Down by 11 or 14? Still 2 scores (with a 2pt conversion which is where we were to begin with). Should have gone for it, best case we are down only 7, worst the Pats get the ball at the 2 and we are still down 2 scores.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:26 AM   #9
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

After u ahd 2 fumbles and drops int he endzone u dont go for it it ant madden. its football u go with what got u there and put a couple sneaky plays in there, the thing we didnt do at all was creens which i thougth was rly dumb they work well for us.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:33 AM   #10
Steelersfan

Member Number:

I agree with the screens. We didn't do nearly enough that game. But when you are down 14 and the other team is scoring you need to "try" and do the same. FG's will not cut it in the playoffs unless you are kicking the last one. As much as I hate to say it we were lucky to get by the Jets. We never should have won that game the way it played out. Against the Pats and being down we should have let it all hang out and gone for the win.