Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
redundantman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2354
Default Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 6 Browns

1. Walked in at 1:07 left in 1st quarter to see Josh Cribbs throw a pick to Polamalu. I canít blame the Browns for wanting to use Cribbs more. Heís their only weapon. But the Wildcat is never going to be anything more than a gimmick.

2. Again it appears that there is a renewed commitment to get the ball to Heath Miller.

3. Kudos to Holmes making that move inside in the first quarter on that long catch and run. YAC is where itís at.

4. And at times it almost appeared that the Oline has learned how to block defenders. Fantastic protection on Millerís 1st TD.

5. The Steelers were making it look easy. As if to emphasize that point Ward skipped across the goal line on his TD. But letís not lose our heads, it is the Browns after all.

6. As if to emphasize that point Ö Cribbs takes it to the house to keep it interesting. The Steelerís special teams suck.

7. QB sneak on 4th and 1 just before the half. And the Steelers donít get it Ö or did they? What just happened?

8. That was a less than thrilling end to the first half. Crappy series that led to the Steelers settling for a field goal in which Ben almost throws a pick. At times it seems like the Steelers are an unstoppable force utilizing their tools and weapons to their fullest potential. At other times they appear to be the Marx Brothers.

9. The Browns came out and drove for an easy TD against no pass rush. All of a sudden the Browns have an effective offense?

10. Big props to Wallace running hard on the 21 yard end-around in third quarter. Again, YAC is where itís at!

11. On the Browns responding drive it was three and out. Youíll notice that Anderson had a defensive player in his face on 3rd down and the Browns were unable to convert. I wonder if those to factors can be directly correlated.

12. With 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter Ben checks down to Mendenhall and Medenhall picks up some yards and remembers to stay in bounds.

13. Ben throws a pick.

14. And the defense steps up and makes Anderson put the ball on the ground.

15. Parker looks feeble on the next catch Ö And then he puts it on the ground.

16. And the defense takes it back when Brent Keisel picks up Andersonís second fumble. This is a sloppy game.

17. And then Mendenhall fumbles. You could see it coming by the way he was carrying the ball. Why canít this team get it together and shut another team down? I wonder what Ben looks like in a Groucho glasses and mustache mask.

18. DJ Hero is coming out Ö so this is what it sounds like when doves jump the shark.

19. If this was any team other than the Browns Iíd be worried Ö or more worried I should say Ö So I guess I can be worried next week. Gads the game clock is moving slowly today.

20. Anyone seen Limas Sweed?

21. Props where props are due: The offense dug themselves out of a hole after Ryan Clarkís pick on the 1 yard line. That was a good thing far beyond the abilities of the Marx Brothers.

22. At the 2 minute warning the offense folded up. That was too bad. Ben should hang another 7 on them.

23. Does anyone have faith in this team? This game should have resembled the Pats-Oilers game. The Browns are terrible. The only reasonable conclusion one can take away from this game is that the Steelers are slightly above average.
redundantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419
Default Re: Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 6 Browns

we shoul have killed the browns, bad offensive performance, and now theres no question mendenalls the starter
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
SteelGhost
Starter

Member Number: 13528

24. The Steelers looked like they were practicing Next week they'll play better

SteelGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

I don't think it's accurate to call it a bad offensive performance when your QB throws for 400 yards and two TDs and gets you down the field for a run-in TD as well as two field goals. Granted, he did throw a pick but it didn't amount to anything (unlike the previous game).

I would say though that the running game is suspect... I know that we used multiple backs and accumulated 120 yards or so... but isn't this the worst defense in the league against the run? Shouldn't our RBs (all three of them) have had a field day here? Something needs to be worked on here.

Really though, the only major issue was special teams. If they hadn't let Cribbs run the entire length of the field, then we likely would have been looking at a score of 27-7or 27-10 at the worst.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

We played well enough minus the turnovers. Time to pick it up a notch this week.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Is Cribbs the only player on the Browns?

Imagine how great he would be if he played on a real team.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote