Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
jarodthegood
Water Boy

Member Number: 15138
Default favre is playing out of his mind

1st time on here.being a pitt fan i ahve to say i am also a nfl fan, and I have watched all the vikings games, and it seems everyone is stacking the box against ap and the vikings are only using him as a decoy he is getting carries but they seem to be just to setup the pass and favre is on FIRE he is doing everything to make the team win I think they are 2nd in the nfl in redzone in scoring. Thier dfense has looked really bad but its only when they get way ahead. They are probably the most complete team in the nfl right now. our steelers can beat them at home but the vikings offense hasnt scored less than 27 pts.

Favre is making a bid for nfl mvp

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=0112
jarodthegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: favre is playing out of his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodthegood View Post
1st time on here.being a pitt fan i ahve to say i am also a nfl fan, and I have watched all the vikings games, and it seems everyone is stacking the box against ap and the vikings are only using him as a decoy he is getting carries but they seem to be just to setup the pass and favre is on FIRE he is doing everything to make the team win I think they are 2nd in the nfl in redzone in scoring. Thier dfense has looked really bad but its only when they get way ahead. They are probably the most complete team in the nfl right now. our steelers can beat them at home but the vikings offense hasnt scored less than 27 pts.

Favre is making a bid for nfl mvp

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=0112
So then we just need to score 28 points and hold them to their low. No problem.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
deminutah
Water Boy

Member Number: 11188

They should be 4-2 right now. My wife is a 49ers fan and they won that game in the last second on a very lucky pass and a bad call by SF's def coord, who instead of covering the endzone, decided to blitz and Baltimore's kicker won the game yesterday for the Vikings.
deminutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,429 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminutah View Post
They should be 4-2 right now. My wife is a 49ers fan and they won that game in the last second on a very lucky pass and a bad call by SF's def coord, who instead of covering the endzone, decided to blitz and Baltimore's kicker won the game yesterday for the Vikings.
Yea. Even ESPN is saying their coach's must be bringing a rabbit's foot to the games.....
LINK: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...oping-for-luck

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #5
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364

I like when we play teams that are unbeaten . We seem to have a knack at giving teams their first loss . Remember the unbeaten 49's ? That was one of my favorites . They went with one loss to the super bowl , instead of unbeaten . Nothing sweeter than giving an unbeaten their first loss .

billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
jarodthegood
Water Boy

Member Number: 15138

how can you say they are lucky.. there is a lot more to a game than one play. example the 49ers had a fluke blocked fg for a td and a fumble for a td so whose lucky. every wants to say they ar elucky byt yet they are arguably the best team in the nfl with the saints!
jarodthegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

A self proclaimed Steeler fan and he's slobbing Favre's knob before his own team's QB who is currently making his own case for MVP with record breaking pace stats...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

1st in yards
2nd in completion %
4th in rating
2nd in yards per game
1st in avg yards per attempt
1st in avg yards per completion
1st in 20+ plays
2nd in 40+ plays
1st in 1st down %
2nd in 1st downs

The only stats where he isn't completely lights out is his TD/INT ratio, where 3 of his 6 INTs aren't necessarily his fault and a few TD opportunities were missed due to drops.

also note, Hines is the league's leading WR...

And as far as complete teams go...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

well, our offense certainly isn't too shabby - 5th overall (2nd best passing), and our D, while not as good as we'd like is 3rd overall (2nd best rushing)... The Vikings don't even register in the top 5 anywhere on those 6 major categories, I guess they lost their one claim to dominance, their run D (the only major category the Steelers D was not #1 in last season). In fact, we're the only team to show up in at least 4 of those 6 categories.

rawr

sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
I like when we play teams that are unbeaten . We seem to have a knack at giving teams their first loss . Remember the unbeaten 49's ? That was one of my favorites . They went with one loss to the super bowl , instead of unbeaten . Nothing sweeter than giving an unbeaten their first loss .

my favorite unbeaten spoilers were when we deflowered the Eagles and Patriots in back to back weeks during the 04-05 season and did it in dominating fashion. Granted, the Pats unfortunately were able to get revenge on us but still, that stretch of 8 days was easily one of my favorites in Steeler history.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post

Heh, I was AT that game. I remember Ray Wersching (kicker for the 49ers) had a chance to put the 49ers ahead with like 2 minutes left, but instead he drilled one right off the upright. Then the Steelers marched right down and kicked a FG of their own. Probably one of the more dramatic endings I've seen in person, even though I was like 6 years old at the time.

SF was about six inches away from being the first team to go 16-0, which in hindsight, I probably would've liked a lot more than the Patriots doing it.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

As I said in another thread, Favre can be quite dangerous if he's on his game and he has a nice compliment of receivers and a TE to toss the pigskin to. Sure he's a drama king, but he can still burn you if you give him time to do so.

The Steelers need to be in his face ALL GAME, as Favre hates being pressured and is prone to making mistakes when under fire. The Vikes aren't unbeatable and neither is Favre.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote