Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: Most important factor for a Steelers win Sunday is?
How much pressure can be put on Favre/DB play 26 34.21%
Stopping Peterson will prove to be the most important factor 26 34.21%
Steelers run game/offensive line play 8 10.53%
special teams play will decide this one 0 0%
Ben's play/WR core (they may have to win this one) 9 11.84%
Actually, the weather will be the most important factor (Vikings=dome team). 0 0%
other (if this option, state it in a reply) 7 9.21%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default The Steelers will beat Minnesota and improve to 5-2 going into the bye week if (poll)

Coming into this game vs. the Vikings with a record of 4-2, I believe this game will be the ONE that will really test us and tell us exactly where we are as a team. Going up against a 6-0 team in the Vikings that is full of stars: Favre, Peterson, Harvin, Allen, this will be the ultimate matchup against a team that some have picked to go to Tampa in February.

That being said, what will prove to be the most important factor in a Steelers win on Sunday?
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,170 Times in 432 Posts
Default Re: The Steelers will beat Minnesota and improve to 5-2 going into the bye week if (p

No turnovers, and a FULL 60 minutes of play on both sides of the ball. We'd be 6-0 right now as well if we didn't take our foot off the windpipes of the Bears and Bengals.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: The Steelers will beat Minnesota and improve to 5-2 going into the bye week if (p

I am really excited about this game, and I think the Steelers can get the job done. IMO the factor is Ben. He needs to continue doing what he is doing and everything else will follow. If the passing game continues to click, the run game will get better. The D will be important of course too because this will be the best offense we have faced all year. But like i said it comes back to Ben doing what he needs to get us a W....and i think he can and will.

I think if we beat the Vikings we can make a strong case for being 1 of the top 3 teams in the NFL. With a big win against the Vikes maybe the Steelers will be noticed a little more.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
Steelboy84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL CITY CHAMPIONS View Post
I am really excited about this game, and I think the Steelers can get the job done. IMO the factor is Ben. He needs to continue doing what he is doing and everything else will follow. If the passing game continues to click, the run game will get better. The D will be important of course too because this will be the best offense we have faced all year. But like i said it comes back to Ben doing what he needs to get us a W....and i think he can and will.

I think if we beat the Vikings we can make a strong case for being 1 of the top 3 teams in the NFL. With a big win against the Vikes maybe the Steelers will be noticed a little more.
Oh don't worry, we don't need to be recognized.

Pittsburgh plays much much better when they're under the radar.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

The Steelers will have to play their best game since the Super Bowl to win this one. This will not be easy, but the Vikes look like they are ready to stumble.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Steelboy84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
The Steelers will have to play their best game since the Super Bowl to win this one. This will not be easy, but the Vikes look like they are ready to stumble.
Some say they're for real. Others say they're just lucky. I think they're some where in the middle.

But one thing for sure, we shall find out on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419

0 turnovers, protect ben and shut down the ground game, favre cant beat our defense on his own
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Execution along the lines and zero turnovers...
Old 10-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
Steelboy84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
0 turnovers, protect ben and shut down the ground game, favre cant beat our defense on his own
I think we'll shut down Peterson. We have one of the best, if not THE best run defense in the league.

But about Farve: if we don't cover assignments correctly, yes, he can beat us by himself. He may be 40, but he's still Farve. I look for a lot of deep passes once we stop that running game.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #10
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Green Bay did a pretty good job of stopping Peterson, but had absolutely NO pressure on Farva. Look what that got them.

Pressure Farva, and he'll make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines Ward
What are you going to say, I was too rough?
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote