Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #11
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284
Default Re: College All-Star Games Today

Quote:
If we lose ARE, we still have Ward, Wilson, Miller, and Morgan. Nate Washington has been talked about alot and could even step in. He did play in Denver and even caught a pass. If we draft a WR we should be in good shape.
Actully we wouldn't have morgan either he will be a Fa also along with EL and morey. All u guys are talking like EL is sure as gone, but u have to look at it in a differnt way, what offense can use him like we use him? no other offense thats why he will stay a Steeler Bc he will be a number 2 wr where ever he could go, and he might get a little more money but whats that compared to being on a suberbowl contending team, i'll give u a hint it weighs more then 1 or 2 more millon. Winning can make a player stay more often then not. and i have watched a video on Teampass for Steelers where EL was interviewed and asked if he would play for more money or winning. what do u think he picked? Winning.

P.S. we will go in the 3rd round for Mrob, he has looked great as a wr so far in practice for the senior bowl.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
All u guys are talking like EL is sure as gone, but u have to look at it in a differnt way, what offense can use him like we use him?
I think El will be a Bear next season...

Quote:
Talk around this year's Senior Bowl practice week is that the Bears' first priority will be Pittsburgh wide receiver and premier returner Antwaan Randle El when free agency begins in March. Randle El, from Thornton High School in Harvey by way of Indiana University.

link: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nfl/bears/
These statements make it sound like he would like to play there too...

Just as directly, Randle El answers a question about his upcoming free agency that could make him an attractive and affordable option for the team he grew up loving, the Bears, who will be in the market for a dynamic punt returner and a No. 2 receiver.

Randle El, still focused on making the playoffs, considers it premature to speculate on next season. He said he has "thought about" what it might be like to play for the Bears one day but quickly added, "That's not something I'm going to worry about right now."

"The only thing that would be better," Randle El said, smiling, "is if the game was at Soldier Field. The thought of playing there gives me the goosebumps"

"Pittsburgh, Chicago, New Zealand, wherever the opportunity is," he said. "I want to be on the tube, man."
Old 01-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #13
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I think El will be a Bear next season...

These statements make it sound like he would like to play there too...

Just as directly, Randle El answers a question about his upcoming free agency that could make him an attractive and affordable option for the team he grew up loving, the Bears, who will be in the market for a dynamic punt returner and a No. 2 receiver.

Randle El, still focused on making the playoffs, considers it premature to speculate on next season. He said he has "thought about" what it might be like to play for the Bears one day but quickly added, "That's not something I'm going to worry about right now."

"The only thing that would be better," Randle El said, smiling, "is if the game was at Soldier Field. The thought of playing there gives me the goosebumps"

"Pittsburgh, Chicago, New Zealand, wherever the opportunity is," he said. "I want to be on the tube, man."

the link u gave doesn't have any of those El statements u have showen.I herad him say nothing like that and i question he even saying anything like that unless u show me a reliable link form a real soruce and not a rumor site.

P.S. i hread about the bears thing . who hasn't lol.

Last edited by JerseySTEEL; 01-27-2006 at 05:48 PM.
JerseySTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySTEEL
the link u gave doesn't have any of those El statements u have showen.I herad him say nothing like that and i question he even saying anything like that unless u show me a reliable link form a real soruce and not a rumor site.

P.S. i hread about the bears thing . who hasn't lol.
Type in "randle el bears" on any search engine and you can read those quotes on many bears message boards, and somtimes from the original source. The one didnt have a link, but they had this...

By David Haugh
Tribune staff reporter
December 6, 2005, 11:07 PM CST

You can find statements like this in many different places... look around. It is well known that he grew up a Bears fan. They talk about it on every Bears board. The article was even posted here, but I can't find it.

Last time I checked the Chicago Tribune was a pretty credible source. I read the same quotes from Pittsburgh sources earlier in the year. I thought everybody new this...

Last edited by BB2W; 01-27-2006 at 06:07 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #15
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Aaron Moorehead RFA Colts
Andre' Davis UFA Patriots
Antonio Bryant UFA Browns
Antwaan Randle El UFA Steelers
Arnaz Battle RFA 49ers
Az-Zahir Hakim UFA Saints
Brad Pyatt RFA Colts
Brandon Lloyd RFA 49ers
Bryan Gilmore UFA Dolphins
Cedric James UFA Patriots
Charlie Adams RFA Broncos
Chris Horn RFA Chiefs
Corey Bradford UFA Texans
Cortez Hankton RFA Jaguars
Darnerian McCants UFA Eagles
David Boston UFA Dolphins
David Givens UFA Patriots
David Tyree RFA Giants
Derick Armstrong RFA Texans
Dez White UFA Falcons
Edell Shepherd RFA Buccaneers
Ike Hilliard UFA Buccaneers
J.J. Moses RFA Cardinals
Jabar Gaffney UFA Texans
Jason McAddley UFA 49ers
Jerheme Urban RFA Seahawks
Jerome Pathon UFA Falcons
Joe Jurevicius UFA Seahawks
Kassim Osgood RFA Chargers
Keenan McCardell UFA Chargers
Kelley Washington RFA Bengals
Kendall Newson UFA Dolphins
Kevin Curtis RFA Rams
Kevin Johnson UFA Lions
Kevin Walter RFA Bengals
Koren Robinson UFA Vikings
Marc Boerigter UFA Chiefs
Michael Lewis UFA Saints
Nate Burleson RFA Vikings
Patrick Johnson UFA Ravens
Peerless Price UFA Cowboys
Peter Warrick UFA Seahawks
Quincy Morgan UFA Steelers
Randal Williams UFA Raiders
Reche Caldwell UFA Chargers
Reggie Swinton UFA Cardinals
Reggie Wayne UFA Colts
Rod Gardner UFA Panthers
Sam Aiken UFA Bills
Sean Morey UFA Steelers
Shaun McDonald RFA Rams
Tim Carter UFA Giants
Tim Dwight UFA Patriots
Troy Brown UFA Patriots
Troy Edwards UFA Lions
Troy Walters UFA Colts
Willie Ponder RFA Giants

this si the list of FA's for Wr's that will be otu enxt year. EL who is the on the list coulde end up being a superbowl champ by next yera adn with that ring comes big money and the bears will have 14 million of cap space, and with the draft it will be even smaller, whiel they try a retain there own FA's starters such as Metcalf,Hillenmeyer, and Azumah
they have enought peopel to sign to keep that cap to high to deal witha superbowl WR. It's not a good thign to read to much into rumors.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:13 PM   #16
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
Type in "randle el bears" on any search engine and you can read those quotes on many bears message boards, and somtimes from the original source. The one didnt have a link, but they had this...

By David Haugh
Tribune staff reporter
December 6, 2005, 11:07 PM CST

You can find statements like this in many different places... look around. It is well known that he grew up a Bears fan. They talk about it on every Bears board. The article was even posted here, but I can't find it.

Last time I checked the Chicago Tribune was a pretty credible source. I read the same quotes from Pittsburgh sources earlier in the year. I thought everybody new this...

ok so u don't have a reliable source or even a link nice great rumor's ;). I wouldn't trust everyhting u hear on a fan froum, from people who want the player more then anyhting. not very trust worhty info if u ask me.and i have searched in Google,dogpile, and yahoo and have found no where that he said anything like what u have said. Also, those comments if true on any level sound like there in differnt converstaions and not all about 1 topic, sound like they are a couple differnt interviews that are pasted toghere.