Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927
Default Confucius say "Picture worth thousand word."

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts
Default Re: Confucious say "Picture worth thousand word."

confucious also say "the bengals suck".
Old 10-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

No shock there. As a Marine my tour took me through two presidencies, one republican and one democrat. While Slick Willy was in office the country wasn't at war and the internet had the economy booming.

During the Bush administration the US military was sent to war.

VERY stark comparisons indeed.

Every single Marine I knew hated the Clintons (I use plural because we HATED his bitch of a wife too) because they had NO RESPECT for the US military and always showed contempt for us.

On the other hand, Bush had our respect and loyalty because he actually gave a shit about soldiers. So despite being sent to war we still had great respect for the man.

There is almost no love for recent democratic presidents in the Marines, the same probobly holds true for the rest of the branches. Their far left agenda is a direct contrast of the mindset of a soldier (at least for me and every Marine I knew).

I'm not on either side of the fence, but by observation, the republicans seem to have respect for the military while the democrats hold mostly contempt.

If I was still in, and obama came into the room....... I do my best to fart as loud as I could to show him how much he means to me!

Old 10-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops? I could only find one recorded incident of this actually occurring, and this INCLUDES while he was campaigning (there was also a highly publicized occasion when he SNUBBED the troops). I believe this was basically a monthly ritual for W...

I also found this:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...ivately/print/

"People say, 'Why would you do that?'" the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. "And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be - to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish."

Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice. The task, along with meeting family members of troops killed in action, has been so wrenching - balancing the anger, grief and pride of families coping with the loss symbolized by a flag-draped coffin - that the president often leaned on his wife, Laura, for emotional support.

Mr. Bush also has met privately with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, according to White House spokesman Carlton Carroll. Many of those meetings were outside the presence of the news media at the White House or at private sessions during official travel stops, officials said.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,426 Times in 516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
I'm not on either side of the fence, but by observation, the republicans seem to have respect for the military while the democrats hold mostly contempt.
That's because the concept of the military as a whole flies in the face of the pie-in-the-sky, let's-all-gather-together-in-a-circle-and-sing-Kumbaya, peace at any cost, utopian fairyland worldview that more than a few of them seem to hold.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops?
He still trying to figure out how to vote present on that one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
beSteelmyheart
Team Captain

Member Number: 1249
Default Re: Confucius say "Picture worth thousand word."

In the opinion of an impartial viewer, it seems like the first situation seems alot less formal than the 2nd...Just judging by the overall look of the way things were set up, the clothing of each Pres. & so on. And who knows what instructions were given to the service guys as to how to act.
I'm not buying into it, I smell propoganda.
beSteelmyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:49 AM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,099 Times in 4,593 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how many times Obama has gone to visit injured troops? I could only find one recorded incident of this actually occurring, and this INCLUDES while he was campaigning (there was also a highly publicized occasion when he SNUBBED the troops). I believe this was basically a monthly ritual for W...

I also found this:

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...ivately/print/

"People say, 'Why would you do that?'" the president said in an Oval Office interview with The Washington Times on Friday. "And the answer is: This is my duty. The president is commander in chief, but the president is often comforter in chief, as well. It is my duty to be - to try to comfort as best as I humanly can a loved one who is in anguish."

Mr. Bush, for instance, has sent personal letters to the families of every one of the more than 4,000 troops who have died in the two wars, an enormous personal effort that consumed hours of his time and escaped public notice. The task, along with meeting family members of troops killed in action, has been so wrenching - balancing the anger, grief and pride of families coping with the loss symbolized by a flag-draped coffin - that the president often leaned on his wife, Laura, for emotional support.

Mr. Bush also has met privately with more than 500 families of troops killed in action and with more than 950 wounded veterans, according to White House spokesman Carlton Carroll. Many of those meetings were outside the presence of the news media at the White House or at private sessions during official travel stops, officials said.
"bu...bu..bu...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...bush..."

are you saying bush was a self serving media wh0re? you really are, arent you? just admit it....

here you go-

Quote:
Originally Posted by beSteelmyheart View Post
In the opinion of an impartial viewer, it seems like the first situation seems alot less formal than the 2nd...Just judging by the overall look of the way things were set up, the clothing of each Pres. & so on. And who knows what instructions were given to the service guys as to how to act.
I'm not buying into it, I smell propoganda.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 AM   #9
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
"bu...bu..bu...BWAHAHAHAHAHA...bush..."

are you saying bush was a self serving media wh0re? you really are, arent you? just admit it....

here you go-

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

This is interesting in light of the recent HIGHLY politicized White House generated media frenzy over Obama paying "respects" to fallen soldiers just as he's about to issue his decision on sending more troops to Afghanistan.

I'd say it's, relatively speaking, much easier to pay respects to fallen soldiers than to confront injured ones and actually have to look into their eyes. This also gives Obama an "out"...he was always too doveish to be the US CIC, and, in light of this recent publicity stunt, I'd say there's almost no chance he'll give McCrystal what he wants in Afghanistan, which is ironic in light of his comments back in March about Afghanistan being the "right war" and him listening to his generals advice.

Also, in response to the childish sophomoric remarks above, MOST of Bush's visits to soldiers were private, and nothing was released about him sending letters to each and every injured soldier until AFTER he was out of the White House.

You need to grow up, Tony....it's one thing to repeatedly embarrass yourself opining about things you don't have any knowledge or understanding of, but it's another thing entirely to impugn what Bush did simply because you're mad at me calling bullshit on you...