Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-22-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers defense have daunting task ahead; Find way to contain Vikings offense

Steelers defense have daunting task ahead; Find way to contain Vikings offense
October 22, 12:18 PMPittsburgh Sports ExaminerMatt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...ikings-offense
1 comment Print Email RSS Subscribe

PITTSBURGH - While Jeff Reed was the center of attention during the Steelers open locker room on Wednesday, the only thing the Steelers defense had on their minds was the Vikings offfense and how to stop them.

"We have a big test coming in here with Minnesota," safety Ryan Clark said. " I think you win that one, like I said earlier you kind of forget you were 1-2 earlier, 5-2 is a good solid record and we'd be right back in the hunt."

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley said the Vikings present a huge challenge not because of their record, but instead because they have so many offensive weapons.

"You can't focus on one thing," Woodley said. "You focus on the run, Brett Farve will beat you down the field with guys like Sydney Rice and when you focus on the pass you have guys like Adrian Peterson who can run the ball. So you have to try to balance it out a bit."

Cornerback William Gay acknowledged it won't be easy, but isn't getting cuaght up in the Farve hoopla. Instead he said he plans on going out there and taking care of his business.

"I'm excited about this matchup because it is a big game," said Gay. "You just have to make tough and keep him contained. My job is to go out there and take care of my business."

Veteran Steeler corner DeShea Townsend said he has played against Farve once in the regular season and acknowledged he is a legend. He says the key to getting to him, is trying to find a way to confuse him with the defensive scheme.

"You want to go out there and confuse him," DeShea Townsend said. "But one thing about him he has seen a number of defenses during his career, so it will be tough. He's a tremendous player and he's capable of doing things other players can't do. When he buys time he makes plays."

Defensive lineman Brett Keisel who wore Farves number in high school because he was a big fan of his,

"Brett has a great first name so I've always been a big fan of his," Keisel said with a laugh. "So I look forward to competing against him. It will be a good memory to have

NOTEBOOK : JEFF REED SPEAKS OF INCIDENT

As for Reed and what he had to say, You have to give the guy credit. Yes he screwed up, but the facts are still not yet know and an investigation is pending. But Instead of hiding and bucking questions, Reed spoke to the media on Wednesday and openly apologized for his actions following the Browns game outside of McFadden's bar on the North Shore.

"I love this community, I love Steeler Nation, so I if I need to apologize to them, I do apologize to them and I will never let this city down." Reed said.

Reed said his teammates have been very supportive of the whole ordeal.

"They told me to keep my head up," Reed said. "They said don't worry about it, we need you. Stuff like that keeps me going."

While the Steeler kicker again offered another apology during his brief meeting with media, he said his job now is to kick field goals, something the team needs as the game against the Vikings could come down to the final whistle.

" I apologize to the community and to this team and to this organization because that's very important to me and my family," Reed said. "It's been embarrassing to be in the news, but the same time my job is to kick field goals and extra points and kick off for this team, and I will."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292
Default Re: Steelers defense have daunting task ahead; Find way to contain Vikings offense

Don't let Peterson or Shiancoe beat us! Everything else will take care of itself. GO STEELERS
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983
Default Re: Steelers defense have daunting task ahead; Find way to contain Vikings offense

They also have to contain us. Mendy is running hard and Ben and our receiving core is on fire!
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote