Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Tailgate Party

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268
Default Re: Kansas City tailgating

Pittsburgh Steelers vs KC Chiefs

11-22-09 Kick-off @ noon

Addresses:

Arrowhead Stadium:

1 Arrowhead Drive

Kansas City, MO 64129

816-920-9300

Johnny’s Tavern (Home of the Kansas City Steelers Fan Club):

6765 W. 119th Street

Overland Park, KS 66209

913-451-4542

The Night Before Steeler Rally:

Held at Johnny’s Tavern Saturday, November 21, 2009

4:00pm – Arrival time (The back room is reserved for us)

7:00pm – Steeler Raffle

We will raffle an authentic Steelers jersey and other Steeler items

Johnny’s is open until 2:00am

GAMEDAY:

Johnny’s Breakfast Buffet

7 am to 9 am – full hot breakfast buffet for $5.00 per person

7 am to 8:45 am – BUS CHECK IN

9 am Busses Depart for Arrowhead

BUS CHECK IN: (*The busses are full.*)

If you are on one of the 4 busses you need to arrive as early as possible to get checked in and get your wrist band. You will not be allowed on a bus without a wrist band. You have to be at Johnny’s by 8:45 am to get your wrist band. We ask to arrive by 8am to get checked in. If everyone arrives at 8:45 that will cause severe delays in boarding the busses and getting to Arrowhead which no one wants. The busses will depart at 9:00am sharp. If you are scheduled to be on the bus and are running late and can not make the deadline then proceed directly to Arrowhead as the busses will not wait for late arrivals.

You will need to keep your wrist band on to access the bus during the tailgate and to board when we depart from Arrowhead. The busses will depart shortly after the game so please come STRAIGHT to the bus after the game.

*Bus Names – Big Ben, Polamalu Express, Tomlin Brigade, and the Steel City Crusade

*The Kansas City Steelers Fan Club is donating 3 – 30 packs of Iron City for each bus. The coolers will remain on the busses during the tailgate and as long as you have your wrist band on you can come off and on the bus to get an Iron City while supplies last. I still recommend everyone bringing a cooler of their own favorite refreshment as there is 54 people to a bus.*

TAILGATE:

We will be tailgating in Lot N. YOU MUST ENTER THE STADIUM THROUGH GATE 6!!! We will be in the very back of the lot in the gravel portion of the lot. Lot N is NOT a reserved lot and anyone can park there. Arrowhead does charge $22 per vehicle to park in their lot.

Gates open at 8:30am. If you are not on the bus please park in the very back on the N Lot and await our arrival. If you are local and joining our tailgate PLEASE bring a grill so those on the bus and out of towners have a place to grill their food. I have copied and pasted a map and parking instructions for Arrowhead (see below).

We expect close to 500 people at our tailgate and plan to represent Steeler Nation with pride!

What’s Provided?

Plates, napkins, and condiments will be provided by Johnny’s Tavern. These will be placed on a table in front of the bus, BIG BEN.

You will need to bring your own beverages, food and side.

We will have a few grills that you can cook your meat on. These will be placed all throughout the tailgate.

CHANT:

When the Chiefs have the ball for their first drive of the first half and their first drive of the second half we are going to do a “Here we go Steelers, here we go! chant”. We will start these chants as soon as the 25 second play clock starts. Obviously you and your group can do a chant whenever you like but this information is being sent throughout the country to dozens of Steeler groups attending. With each group starting the chant I have no doubt we will be heard!

AFTER THE GAME:

If you are on one of the busses please go directly to your bus after the game. The busses will be in the N Lot in the same spot from the tailgate party. If you are not taking one of the busses home and did take the bus to the game please let your bus driver know as each bus driver will have a list of people on each bus.

AFTER-PARTY:

Johnny’s will be hosting our victory celebration party after the busses drop us off. They will provide a dj and will have half price appetizers from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm.

SPONSORS:

Kansas City Steelers Fan Club: http://www.kcsfc.net/

Johnny’s Tavern: http://www.johnnystavern.com/overland_park.html

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:03 AM   #12
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Just some reminders for those coming to Johnny's Saturday night or to the tailgate on gameday:

Saturday 11-21-09 The Night Before Steeler Rally:

4:00pm – Arrival time (The back room is reserved for us)

7:00pm – Steeler Raffle

Guest appearance by Bob Dvorchak, sports writer for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette!

Bob will also be taking one of the busses to the game with us and will be at the tailgate party.

We will raffle off 3 authentic Steelers jerseys and 1 ladies Steelers jersey.

Anyone wearing Steeler attire receives a complimentary raffle ticket. Additional tickets are $1 each.

Terrible Towels for sale. $2 per towel sale goes to the Michael Margotta fund.

Johnny's has Iron City, Iron City Light, and pirogues available.

Johnny’s is open until 2:00am.

Sunday 11-22-09 Pre-Tailgate Gathering:

If you are taking one of the busses please park in the back of Johnny's. There is a large parking lot right behind Johnny's, on the south side of the building. The busses will park along Glenwood in that back area as well.

7:00am – Johnny's opens & breakfast buffet begins (see below) / bus check-in begins

Buffet:

Full hot breakfast buffet for $5 (cash only).

Ice Water and Tea included with buffet purchase.

Bar will be open for refreshment purchases. No "to-go" beer will be sold.

8:45am - Last call for bus passenger arrivals (sorry busses are full)

Between 8:45 and 9:00am busses depart (we will not wait for late arrivals)

*If you volunteered to bring a cooler for the Iron City, please bring them into Johnny's when you get your bus pass

*The parking lot at Arrowhead opens at 8:30am for those not going to Johnny's

*If you are local and going straight to Arrowhead, please bring a grill

*Tailgate section = Lot N in the back, by the gravel through gate 6

*Terrible Towels for sale. $2 per towel sale goes to the Michael Margotta fund while supplies last

Kick-off at noon and victory party immediatly following the game at Johnny's

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
Old 11-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #13
Hobbes
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 4679

LOTS of good info there ARKIESTEEL. I love the chant idea. We are getting into town about 3 so we should be able to make the rally. I cant wait!
Hobbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #14
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

I might add that I dont know any of the folks in the KC club and will be meeting them for the first time this weekend. They seem like real good folks on the phone and have been very helpful

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
Old 11-18-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
The Arkansas Steeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 13915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan4Life View Post
We are driving up from Fayetteville, AR on Saturday and plan to tailgate with tow other families from NW Arkansas that are doing the same thing. We have a Red parking pass. I hope to hear the Chiefs complain about how many Terrible Towels are being waved. I have my late 1970's vintage towel that I will be waving! This will be my first regular season game. I went to at least one preseason game at RFK Stadium in the late 80's. My 16 yo son will be attending the first of what we hope will be an annual trip to see the Steelers.
- - - - - - - -

Will be driving up from Little Rock on Saturday and also have a “Red Parking Pass”. A KC friend who has season tickets suggested I arrive at the lot around 8:15, lots open up at 8:30. He stated arriving at 9:00 results in waiting in traffic to get a space and less time to setup & tailgate. Plus, a later arrival results in a space further from the stadium.
The Arkansas Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #16
spastasmagoria
Water Boy

Member Number: 15173

BigBrian,

Hope to see you around :)

What're the "red" parking passes? Should I be worried about parking? I've not lived in the KC area long, and I've never been to an event at Arrowhead. How early is too early :)

PS, I FOUND IRON CITY AT THE LIQUOR STORE IN LANSING, KS :) Got my 'rogies, got my kielbasa and got my Iron City. I'm all ready to go :)
spastasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:35 AM   #17
1fastprototype
Water Boy

Member Number: 1071

Since I am driving a large rv I will be parking in lot N and will park at the back of the lot. I have a very large grill that I will make available to help out. 815-405-2645

Jeff
1fastprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastprototype View Post
Since I am driving a large rv I will be parking in lot N and will park at the back of the lot. I have a very large grill that I will make available to help out. 815-405-2645

Jeff
We will also be in the N lot .............................look for the 4 grey hound buses

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
Old 11-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
BigBrian7
Water Boy

Member Number: 6339

The midnight train to KC is rolling out from central PA boys. I'll see yinz tomorrow at the rally and if not then sunday at the game for sure.
BigBrian7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #20
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

You guys need to hook up with Arkie! A great guy!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote