Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,323 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Hard Luck Life of a Browns Fan

Funny article. Reason #4 for remaining faithful to the Browns?

Quote:
4. I have no sense of pride, logic or reality. Also, I hate myself.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nfl

Old 10-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Hard Luck Life of a Browns Fan

He should just quit watching the NFL...and why is he so sure the Browns are going to win one someday? The last time they did, LBJ was President...in this incarnation of the Browns, they seem to get WORSE each year.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
Indo
Head Coach

Member Number: 11222

Somehow, though, you have to respect them for being loyal to their team.
He makes a good point about the Pats* fans:

Quote:
2. All joking aside, I love the Browns. They cause me near-constant frustration and heartache, but that's the price you pay when you become attached to a pro sports team to which you have only an imaginary philosophical connection. I won't bail and support another team just because mine sucks, only to come back once we experience a modicum of success. What do I look like, a Patriots fan?
Old 10-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quitting and switching aligences to another team is way harder than you'd think.

Why do I know this? Because I tried, oh I tried. During the season from hell that was the 2004 season I hated the team, they were a bunch of people that could give a crap about playing for pride and my HS could probably beat them. I wanted so badly to adopt the Indy Colts as my team..but just couldn't bring myself to do it. That's when it donned on me.

They are my team, they wear Orange and Brown, play in the place where I grew up and contributed so much to football. I don't care how terrible they are, how they have "ugly" uniforms and about how many Super Bowls they have won. They are my team, and those orange and brown uniforms are the most awesome ever created by mankind. We fought for them to come back after Art stole them. We are stubborn people whom will never give up on being fans no matter how tough things get, no Idiot Mini-Belichick is going to stop us from watching every sunday no matter how terrible the loss and how much Steeler fans laugh at us. In fact that just makes me even more loyal and obnoxious about my team. It's a Browns fan thing, you guys wouldn't understand.;).

The Browns will be back someday. Not sure when, but we keep the faith anyways and won't stop until the team is taken away. Until then.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodWoodsonwasprettycool View Post
Quitting and switching aligences to another team is way harder than you'd think.

Why do I know this? Because I tried, oh I tried. During the season from hell that was the 2004 season I hated the team, they were a bunch of people that could give a crap about playing for pride and my HS could probably beat them. I wanted so badly to adopt the Indy Colts as my team..but just couldn't bring myself to do it. That's when it donned on me.

They are my team, they wear Orange and Brown, play in the place where I grew up and contributed so much to football. I don't care how terrible they are, how they have "ugly" uniforms and about how many Super Bowls they have won. They are my team, and those orange and brown uniforms are the most awesome ever created by mankind. We fought for them to come back after Art stole them. We are stubborn people whom will never give up on being fans no matter how tough things get, no Idiot Mini-Belichick is going to stop us from watching every sunday no matter how terrible the loss and how much Steeler fans laugh at us. In fact that just makes me even more loyal and obnoxious about my team. It's a Browns fan thing, you guys wouldn't understand.;).

The Browns will be back someday. Not sure when, but we keep the faith anyways and won't stop until the team is taken away. Until then.

Well said my friend! I tried adopting the Carolina Panthers as my team when "The Theft" happened...I can't name 90% of their roster. I just can't get interested in a non-rival or a non-Brown. I know that the Steelers/Browns rivalry is a thing of the past...but that doesnt' stop me from wanting to see your team go down every time we face off...nor the disappointment I feel after each of the last 12 con-freaking-secutive losses to the Steelers...or my utmost loathing of the purple wearing thugs in Bitch-town.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:

I know a little about sticking with your team... no matter how much they suck.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:

I hear ya...all slamming on the Browns and their fans aside, it takes a lot of dedication to stick with a team through thick and thin. I have other teams that I hope do well when the Steelers and Pens are in slumps...but nothing could ever replace them.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

there's noway in hell i'd root for a team who's owner isn't committed to putting a good product on the field. ( or one who condons cheating)... the fact that they will continue to start DA and not give quinn a legitamate chance to win the job because they don't want to pay him the bonus money is total bullshit. why in the hell did they draft him ???

i'm not really much of a baseball fan, but if someone asks, i'd tell them i'm a pirates fan, but the truth of it is i could get free pirates tickets just about anytime i want them (corperate seats) but i just can't see wasting my time and supporting a team owned by an owner who could care less if they win or not...
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post

Quote:
Pittsburgh: America's crotch. Literally one of the worst cities on the planet. Full of toothless mountain people. Looks from above as if someone decided, "You know what I'm going to do? Cut out a huge chunk of one of the worst sections of Eastern Europe and drop it in the middle of Pennsylvanian Appalachia." At the end of the day, the Cleveland Browns suck, but at least we're not from Pittsburgh.
..... in the immortal words of Myron Cope

"..... Cleveland is the only place in America, where when you see a couple, walking down the street carrying their groceries.....

..... their neighbors think they have matching-luggage!!!!!"
Old 10-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Every time I am almost feeling bad for bad for Browns fans....one of them says something to me that reminds me why I hate them.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote