Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Steelboy84
Banned
 
Steelboy84's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,962
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are replacing some of Heinz Field's grass only three games into the season.

Workers tore up the areas between the hash marks and put down new grass this week, in time for the South Florida-Pitt game on Saturday and the Vikings-Steelers game on Sunday.

The Steelers returned to playing on an all-grass field this season because it allows them to re-sod any area that becomes worn. Some bare spots in the middle of the field were noticeable during the Browns-Steelers game on Sunday.


Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press


http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4586743


Cool. :-)

Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM   #2
GeneralRobinson
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 374
Member Number: 5611
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelboy84 View Post
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are replacing some of Heinz Field's grass only three games into the season.

Workers tore up the areas between the hash marks and put down new grass this week, in time for the South Florida-Pitt game on Saturday and the Vikings-Steelers game on Sunday.

The Steelers returned to playing on an all-grass field this season because it allows them to re-sod any area that becomes worn. Some bare spots in the middle of the field were noticeable during the Browns-Steelers game on Sunday.


Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press


http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4586743


Cool. :-)

Heinz Field may not be an idyllic sight to look at, but this article paints an unfair picture in my opinon. This season, I have seen a number of fields with bare spots despite only being a few games into the season. Kansas City, Tennesee, Carolina, Oakland, and Washington come to mind. I don't see any AP articles about them. Despite the bare spots, which weren't all that bad btw, I saw no players slipping or having footing issues in the Cleveland game. Santonio's catch and run on a comeback route in the second quarter which resulted in a 40 yard gain is an example of that. In spite of having hosted 3 college games and 3 pro games, the field looks good. Resodding will hopefully maintain and improve the integrity of the field and ensure a high quality of play.
GeneralRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

He's a mudder.

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRobinson View Post
Heinz Field may not be an idyllic sight to look at, but this article paints an unfair picture in my opinon. This season, I have seen a number of fields with bare spots despite only being a few games into the season. Kansas City, Tennesee, Carolina, Oakland, and Washington come to mind. I don't see any AP articles about them. Despite the bare spots, which weren't all that bad btw, I saw no players slipping or having footing issues in the Cleveland game. Santonio's catch and run on a comeback route in the second quarter which resulted in a 40 yard gain is an example of that. In spite of having hosted 3 college games and 3 pro games, the field looks good. Resodding will hopefully maintain and improve the integrity of the field and ensure a high quality of play.
WTF? Are you really trying to find some sort of media bias towards the Steelers here?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,324
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,941
Thanked 8,425 Times in 3,549 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

i just heard that this coming sunday, they are gonna re-sod it with brett favre.
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #6
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

I love Pitt, but I wish the Panthers would build themselves a freakin' new stadium and stay off of the HF grass.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,275
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 7
Thanked 413 Times in 284 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

What about those stadiums where you have to play on a baseball infield? That is much worse than playing on bad grass. How stupid can some people be? Resodding is a GOOD thing as long as it is done right and on time.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
Steelboy84
Banned
 
Steelboy84's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,962
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13983
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I love Pitt, but I wish the Panthers would build themselves a freakin' new stadium and stay off of the HF grass.
Yea, I'm sure all that money they rake in from tuition should cover it.
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
7willBheaven
Starter
 
7willBheaven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 571
Member Number: 13312
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

I dont mind Pitt playing there as much as the HS teams later in the year...THAT they need to stop...no offense to the kids who play in those games, but still.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #10
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,418
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 250
Thanked 349 Times in 211 Posts
Default Re: Steelers replace parts of grass at Heinz Field

Willie Parker lost a lot of yards because of a bad surface .
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts